BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad about iblis

would have loved to see count iblis, don't know how TNS could have pulled it off though

Comment

Good interview, the second part of the season sounds like its going to be interesting.

Who was this iblis guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
        Good interview, the second part of the season sounds like its going to be interesting.

Who was this iblis guy?
        Iblis was the Devil from BSG(TOS) he appeared in two episodes, The War of the Gods, Parts I & II, and while he was in conversation with the original Baltar, he aluded that he had been the first Imperious Leader of the Cylons, changing them from a peaceful race to a warmongering, conquering one.

Comment

From The L.A. Times:

Sci-Fi's Savior

On "Galactica," Mary McDonnell is CEO of survival.

by Susan King
          January 1, 2006

Click on the link to read the entire interview. Some excerpts:

After gracing the stage for several decades and receiving Oscar nominations for supporting actress for 1990's "Dances With Wolves" and best actress for 1992's "Passion Fish," Mary McDonnell has found success on the small screen.

McDonnell, 53, plays the intelligent, quietly forceful President Laura Roslin. Initially the education secretary, Roslin was 43rd in line to become president of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol. But after she boarded a routine spaceflight, the Cylons — robots created by humans — attacked and destroyed her home planet.

With its expansive themes and complex characters, "Battlestar Galactica" often seems more akin to a Shakespearean drama than a sci-fi thriller.

It's very human. That is, in a sense you might refer to it as Shakespearean. The human dilemma psychologically and emotionally is very acutely explored, and the space drama is a situation. It takes place in space, but it's a human drama. [Creator-producer] Ron Moore is wonderful at writing the interior ideas at the hearts and minds of human beings, which is also, of course, what we know Shakespeare was extraordinary at. I think that the size of decisions and the allegiances and the betrayals and the fears of the human beings in the world of Galactica is as large as the situations that often the Shakespeare drama centered on. It is always on the edge of life and death.

Have you gotten response from women with breast cancer?

Absolutely. I think there is a great compliment paid to the show vis-à-vis my character and a compliment paid to Ron as well. There is an honesty and a dignity to the struggle, even though the show hasn't paid that much time explaining what that really means or the disease itself. The fact that she continues to live a life while struggling with this…. I never wanted there to be an easy fix, nor did I want to go into melodrama with someone week after week after week who isn't feeling well. And it was just a remarkable challenge for all of us to find a way to allow her to be truthfully sick when necessary and continue to do her job. I think that people have been very responsive to that.

Though the Cylons are the enemy in the series, they look just like humans.

In this situation it's brilliant to look at the other and not know who they are. They look like us, which is very reflective of what we are dealing with in our lives. Human beings fight each other as "the other," but we are all the same.

What happens in this show, which is really quite beautiful, is suddenly as a viewer you are struck with the relatability of it, how relevant it is. The pilot set us on a voyage — we were 55,000 people experiencing post-traumatic stress syndrome, if you really think about it. There is a certain amount of fear in the world today, given everything we are dealing with. We are struggling not to be fearful, and I think that is reflected in "Battlestar Galactica."

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
            Iblis was the Devil from BSG(TOS) he appeared in two episodes, The War of the Gods, Parts I & II, and while he was in conversation with the original Baltar, he aluded that he had been the first Imperious Leader of the Cylons, changing them from a peaceful race to a warmongering, conquering one.
            Thanks for posting this!! I AM SO interested in seeing who/whom/what is the Cylon God? I was wondering re: Count Iblis being in TNS.

I don't think we'll know the idenity of the Cylon God this 1/2 of the season & maybe not the third, though probably in the final season, I am hoping.

Hope all have a good day!
            Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by USA1290
              Thanks for posting this!! I AM SO interested in seeing who/whom/what is the Cylon God? I was wondering re: Count Iblis being in TNS.

I don't think we'll know the idenity of the Cylon God this 1/2 of the season & maybe not the third, though probably in the final season, I am hoping.

Hope all have a good day!
              Stephen
              I'm rather hoping that we don't see any of the actual Gods, but have their stories told on screen in such a way that a parallel or symmetry can be seen between the Colonial mythos and the current exodus/Cylon Holocaust; the various senior Colonials mirroring the actions of the ancient Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                I'm rather hoping that we don't see any of the actual Gods, but have their stories told on screen in such a way that a parallel or symmetry can be seen between the Colonial mythos and the current exodus/Cylon Holocaust; the various senior Colonials mirroring the actions of the ancient Gods.
                Now that we've had some time (far too long!!) to reflect on the series as a whole, I think that the show is coming a little too close to the mysticism aspect of the human/cylon confrontation. The show is fabulous and I don't want it to devolve into a non-human fantasy. I rather like the human strengths and foibles as they are portrayed.

As we've seen in 'Home' the mystic elements can take on a big burden of carryign the storyline. The introduction of a supernatural being may push it over the brink.
                Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Thank you very much, Sci-Fi.

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                  Oh, definitely. At the end of this season, Kara's life will be virtually nothing like it is now.
                  Very interesting. This, given his reply to the "Caprica Fatigue" question, raises certain possibilities. With any lesser writer, I would have been worried about some sopy story lines. Since RDM hasn't done anything wrong with BSG -- as far as I could see -- I wouldn't start worrying yet.

Well, almost ...
                  In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by madk99
                    Now that we've had some time (far too long!!) to reflect on the series as a whole, I think that the show is coming a little too close to the mysticism aspect of the human/cylon confrontation. The show is fabulous and I don't want it to devolve into a non-human fantasy. I rather like the human strengths and foibles as they are portrayed.

As we've seen in 'Home' the mystic elements can take on a big burden of carryign the storyline. The introduction of a supernatural being may push it over the brink.
                    Well, with no plans for Iblis, I don't think we'll see a supernatural being for a few seasons, if at all. To add to what I wrote above, I'd love to learn more of the Colonial Mythology but without it manifesting itself in any form other than artefact or scripture.

Comment

2. In the battle scene with the Cylons in "Flight of the Phoenix", some think they see more Vipers than pilots, there is the presence of many Mark 7 Vipers, and the Blackbird is in flight before its maiden voyage. Was this effects shot the victim of a script change or something in the editing room? Was the episode originally intended to appear after the Pegasus encounter?

To be honest, I don't recall the exact number of Vipers in the shot or where we were in the continuity at that point. I do recall the topic coming up in various VFX and production meetings, and I think there was at least an initial rationale for the number on screen -- but it's entirely possible that we cheated a bit in Post in order to make the shot a little sexier. Sorry. It happens.
                      How many Vipers is the Galactica supposed to have on board (both Mark 2 and Mark 7) before the events of Pegasus and Resurrection Ship?

Comment

The Boomer/Helo/Tyrol story really interest me.......This stems from the
                        Caprica main storyline......I am glad RM liked what it has become...
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

7. Starbuck's Caprica experience left her even more damaged than before. Are there any more surprises in Starbuck's screwed-up life that we can look forward to?

Oh, definitely. At the end of this season, Kara's life will be virtually nothing like it is now.
                          So more Kara-angst to come. I can only imagine what that's going. I actually liked the Caprica storyline, although I admit it seemed to drag on too long.

I trust RDM as well - so I'll just sit back and watch this play out. Sounds like he's going to turn all the characters inside out before this is all over with.

Hadn't read that Time magazine named BSG it's top show of the year. That's great and quite a coup for a scifi show.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

the edited version of Katee's Interview with shaun has been added to the audio section of Galactica Station

Comment

From Eclipse Magazine:

Television : Adama Fumes; Kane Schemes; Cylons Teem As Battlestar Galactica Returns To Action!

by Sheldon A. Wiebe
                              2006/1/5

Click on the link to read a long but informative article (2 pages).

At the end of the “Battlestar Galactica” mid-season finale, the Galactica and the Pegasus were about to go to war over the fate of two Galactica officers who accidentally killed a Pegasus officer as they tried to save Caprica Sharon from being raped. Friday night’s second-half premiere [Sci Fi, 10 p.m., 9 Central] opens with the tensest of situations – two sets of Colonial forces about go into battle against other…

“Resurrection Ship, Part 1” begins exactly where “Pegasus” left off – with Galactica and Pegasus forces facing off over the fate of Lt. Helo [Tamoh Penikett] and Chief Tyrol [Aaron Douglas], who had been sentenced to death without a trial for their actions in the second season’s mid-season cliffhanger.

As Admiral Cain [Michelle Forbes] and Commander Adama [Edward James Olmos] try not to order their fighters to fire first, Lt. Kara Thrace [Katee Sackhoff] flies between the two forces in the Galactica’s stealth viper and provides a distraction by uploading information to the Pegasus – photos of the enormous Cylon ship that has had them all puzzled.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_RelishArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=112876912 1621&path=!news!entertainment!television!&s=1037645508994

Katee Sackhoff says she often feels the urge to strangle her Battlestar Galactica character, the rebellious starship fighter pilot Starbuck.

"I think it's the way (Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace) acts toward people," she said. "I have fans come up to me and say, 'I hate her.' And I say, 'That's good. You should love or hate a character.'

"But there are moments of deep sadness for her. Every time she takes a step forward, circumstances make her take a step back."

Sackhoff admires the character for being a survivor who never breaks her word. "And I love her honesty."
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X