BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anybody is interested, I have the complete chat Here

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Nice one, I was about to post it
      err, whoooooo?

Comment

that was awesome thanks, I don't know where to find anything like that so if anyone know anything please tell me. thanks

Comment

Sackhoff on Starbuck Year Two – and Beyond:

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/2968/2/

Nice.

Comment

that was good thanks.

Comment

awesome thx

Comment

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/2968/2/

Actress Katee Sackhoff has impressed us, to say the least, with her portrayal of rough and tough pilot Kara “Starbuck” Thrace on Battlestar Galactica. She and the show’s writers have taken a character from the original series that was a cardboard caricature of a “rogue” fighter pilot and transformed Starbuck into a very real, very deep person (they also performed a sex-change operation on Thrace, but that’s a different story). We caught up with Katee at the Sci Fi Channel’s Television Critics Association cocktail party the other night, where she talked about Starbuck’s development this year and beyond.

“She’s all over the place. She’s messed up,” laughs the actress. “I keep saying that every time this girl takes a step forward, she gets kicked two steps back. And you can’t help but feel bad for her because she tries so hard.”
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Sounds like poor Kara is going to end the season in a "rough" place.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

From Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

Sackhoff on the flak she's gotten for her strong, sexy Starbuck: Frack it

By MELANIE McFARLAND
                    January 19, 2006

If you've never met Katee Sackhoff, the woman who brings "Battlestar Galactica's" Capt. Kara Thrace (aka Starbuck) to life, you probably picture her as some kind of amazon, 6 feet tall and ready to rumble.

Away from the set, the Northwest native has a delicate physique, a bright smile and, when she dropped by a TV critics' cocktail party last week, favors fashion more in the style of Audrey Hepburn than her alter-ego's flight suits.

We chatted with her about what it means to be Starbuck, how fans and the guy who previously held the role have reacted, and what's in store for her character as "Battlestar Galactica," airing Friday nights at 10 on Sci Fi, flies toward the end of its second season. (Please be aware that this Q&A contains minor spoilage.)

Click on the link to read the interview.

Comment

You got beat to this one:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22742

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                        From Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

Sackhoff on the flak she's gotten for her strong, sexy Starbuck: Frack it

By MELANIE McFARLAND
                        January 19, 2006

If you've never met Katee Sackhoff, the woman who brings "Battlestar Galactica's" Capt. Kara Thrace (aka Starbuck) to life, you probably picture her as some kind of amazon, 6 feet tall and ready to rumble.

Away from the set, the Northwest native has a delicate physique, a bright smile and, when she dropped by a TV critics' cocktail party last week, favors fashion more in the style of Audrey Hepburn than her alter-ego's flight suits.

We chatted with her about what it means to be Starbuck, how fans and the guy who previously held the role have reacted, and what's in store for her character as "Battlestar Galactica," airing Friday nights at 10 on Sci Fi, flies toward the end of its second season. (Please be aware that this Q&A contains minor spoilage.)

Click on the link to read the interview.

Nice interview. And, um, I'm not a big BSG fan but I still think Starbuck, the FEMALE one, is an awesome, attractive and compelling character. Don't know why what's his name felt the need to be so sucky. Katee is right to bring focus back to the success of the show, not on nitpicky outdated macho-whine. [/rant]

Just sayin', more power to assertive, brainy AND attractive stars, and Katee Sackhoff fits that description.
                        Stargate Ladies welcome Starbuck!
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I think Sackhoff is an excellent actress and very beautiful. I don't see why Battlestar purists are out to destroy her. The original show lasted like one season people, great or not that show did *something* wrong. Besides, even if it was perfect why would anyone want a new show with the exact same thing?

Why not attack the CGI and how different it looks to the old school miniature models?

Besides, if Sackhoff fell off a tree and a 10 story building, I shudder to think what ghastly fate befell Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite. No offense to that guy but he's no Cruise).

Comment

From The Daily Astorian:

'Battlestar Galactica' is home for St. Helens native

By KATHLEEN STRECKER
                            Coast Weekend
                            Friday, January 20, 2006

Click here to listen to the audio interview

Coast Weekend Editor Kathleen Strecker admits she’s addicted to the Sci Fi Channel’s new original series, “Battlestar Galactica.” Strecker recently got the chance to interview Katee Sackhoff, who plays Starbuck on the show, now in its second season.

Coast Weekend: Hi Katee!

Katee Sackhoff: Hi!

CW: How are you today?

KS: Hanging in there. A little tired; last night was the premiere, and I stayed up a little too late with some friends and got a little rowdy …

CW: Oh, I can’t imagine that! Where is it that you’re calling from today?

KS: I’m in Los Angeles right now.

CW: Are you in the middle of filming something, or do you shoot there, or …?

KS: I actually live here full-time. But I’m starting a movie here in about a week and a half now.

CW: So for those poor souls who haven’t tuned in to the new “Battlestar Galactica” yet, tell us a little bit about the show.

KS: We don’t really know if it’s taking place in the future, or ... just in a different solar system. My character is Kara “Starbuck” Thrace, she’s the head pilot, and the best pilot … she’s a little insubordinate, and hates authority figures. She’s always getting thrown in jail, and starting fights, and mouthing off to the wrong people. We get attacked by the Cylons, which are a machine race that we created and they turned against us, and now they’ve decided to destroy the human race and we’re running from them and trying to find Earth to inhabit as a new home.

Click on the link to read the rest of the interview.

Comment

what fate befell Jon Heder?

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenEvans
                                what fate befell Jon Heder?
                                Oh... A beautiful wife, (I believe) a healthy child, and an up-and-coming career.

Wait... That not fair!!! The gods should punish him!!! *miracle happens*

Muhahaha he was only paid $1,000 for his work in Napoleon! Thank you lords of Kobol!

Comment

Working...
                                X