No announcement yet.

BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that interview. Katee sounds so cool! I love Starbuck. She's such a strong female character who kicks ass but who is vulnerable and feminine too. She's my favourite on the show and I find ehr the most compelling to watch. Katee does a great job at portraying her!

Luce xxx

Comment

I love Starbuck and I think BSG has opened a lot of eyes about how women can be well written (and acted) in science fiction.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Notice the need to deny it is a science fiction show in order to legitimize it.

Comment

I must admit I prefer her with long hair. She is looking very good lately.

Her character has matured a lot since the miniseries.

Comment

Let's hear it for Katee! She tackles the part with courage and integrity, and portrays a character as multi dimensional as any in fiction. There are no cardboard 'heroic' characters anywhere in this show, but I have to rate Katee's take on Starbuck among the very best performancrs in the whole batch. Un many ways the succes of the show depended in early days on Katee holding the course in spite of the flak.

You go, girl!

Margi

Comment

If Magazine Interviews Tahmoh Penikett

Exclusive Profile: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA’S TAHMOH PENIKETT

He's the father of a Cylon/human hybrid on the hit SCI FI Channel show, and the actor couldn't be happier

By SEAN ELLIOTT
              2/7/2006

Click on the link to read the interview.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA is one of the top-ranked television programs on the air in prime time. In the new series, the Cylons were built to be servant machines to mankind. They rebel and flee to another planet to establish their own culture. When the original mini-series aired, there existed between the Cylons and humans an uneasy truce. During the forty or so odd years since the original Cylon War, they have evolved into human-looking robots. Think TERMINATOR with emotions and a sex drive. The Cylons strike out at the human colonies with nuclear weapons and force the remnants of humanity to form a rag-tag fleet protected by the Battlestar Galactica, with one purpose- to find Earth.

Tahmoh Penikett plays Lt. Karl 'Helo' Agathon, a GALACTICA crewmember that is stranded on a Cylon controlled planet. During the second season, Helo finds himself back on GALACTICA amidst friends who thought he was dead, and most significantly he is the father of a human/Cylon hybrid child carried by the humanoid Cylon Sharon "Boomer" played by Grace Park.

Penikett chatted with iF MAGAZINE about his role on the series, what it was like being resurrected after the pilot, and what sort of challenges Helo has given to him as an actor.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                If Magazine Interviews Tahmoh Penikett

Exclusive Profile: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA’S TAHMOH PENIKETT

He's the father of a Cylon/human hybrid on the hit SCI FI Channel show, and the actor couldn't be happier

By SEAN ELLIOTT
                2/7/2006

Click on the link to read the interview.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA is one of the top-ranked television programs on the air in prime time. In the new series, the Cylons were built to be servant machines to mankind. They rebel and flee to another planet to establish their own culture. When the original mini-series aired, there existed between the Cylons and humans an uneasy truce. During the forty or so odd years since the original Cylon War, they have evolved into human-looking robots. Think TERMINATOR with emotions and a sex drive. The Cylons strike out at the human colonies with nuclear weapons and force the remnants of humanity to form a rag-tag fleet protected by the Battlestar Galactica, with one purpose- to find Earth.

Tahmoh Penikett plays Lt. Karl 'Helo' Agathon, a GALACTICA crewmember that is stranded on a Cylon controlled planet. During the second season, Helo finds himself back on GALACTICA amidst friends who thought he was dead, and most significantly he is the father of a human/Cylon hybrid child carried by the humanoid Cylon Sharon "Boomer" played by Grace Park.

Penikett chatted with iF MAGAZINE about his role on the series, what it was like being resurrected after the pilot, and what sort of challenges Helo has given to him as an actor.

Great interview, if you couldn't tell I like helo. lol.

Comment

I like Helo too, I hope they don't kill him off.

BTW, he's just a Raptor pilot right? not a Viper pilot? The difference being that Raptor pilots aren't as skilled as Viper drivers? B/c in Pegasus, Apollo was disgusted that he was 'demoted' to flying a Raptor.

Comment

I wonder how much he gets paid for his gig?

Comment

Originally posted by somedude

BTW, he's just a Raptor pilot right? not a Viper pilot? The difference being that Raptor pilots aren't as skilled as Viper drivers? B/c in Pegasus, Apollo was disgusted that he was 'demoted' to flying a Raptor.
                      I've been wondering that too. Can Helo fly Vipers? Cause' if so they sure could use him. It appears to me Raptor Piloting is a less skilled position.
                      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by somedude

I don't know if Helo can fly at all, I would assume he can. But he is and electronic countermeasures officer(ECO). Sharon did all the flying. And raptor crews consist of a pilot and an (ECO)

EDIT: If anything raptor piloting is alot harder, you have to avoid enemy fighters when things get hot in a ship not designed for speed and that is alot heavier then a viper.
                        Last edited by Helo; 07 February 2006, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Right, he's the ECO. Hmm, so maybe he's the smart, cuz I imagine the ECOs have to be smart to figure out all the electronics stuff?

Comment

He probably could do both, but has a preferred role.

Both Crashdown and Racetrack were Sharon's ECO and both have flown a Raptor themselves.

Comment

I'd think that all raptor pilots are now cleared to fly vipers if necessary. I mean think about it, they do have a limited pool of people to pull pilots from for training. In the episode Acts of Contrition they imply that every civilian who's ever been in a cockpit is given a chance to join flight training school under Starbuck's tuteledge. At least an ECO/Raptor pilot would have previous flight experience and understand combat tactics and procedures. Given the choice between training a 'nugget' from scratch and training Helo, or Racetrack, or whoever to fly vipers, which would you go with?
                              ...but now I know
                              That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                              Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                              And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
                              Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

From Hollywood.Com:

Hollywood.Com Video Interview with Lucy Lawless

Warning: a spoiler for "Downloaded" was leaked.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X