BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MASON
    Well, with no plans for Iblis, I don't think we'll see a supernatural being for a few seasons, if at all. To add to what I wrote above, I'd love to learn more of the Colonial Mythology but without it manifesting itself in any form other than artefact or scripture.
    Hello: How would you feel about maybe, flash-back episodes?

Re: supernatural beings, what if the Cylon God turned out to be a alien who was manipulating behind the scenes? Stargate "gods" were aliens who came to ancient Earth. Babylon 5 the "gods" were ancient alien races warring with each other thru the younger races. [Shadows vs. Vorlons]
    RDM was a writer on Deep Space Nine & there the Bajoran [sp?] Prophets turned out to be wormhole aliens.
    I think the alien/god[s] is a old, tired scifi plot that has been done to death
    I was wondering [if you have the time] why you aren't for/pro the gods being shown on screen? Post or PM whichever you prefer.
    I AM interested!
    Thanks. Stephen.

Comment

Moore discusses the rest of season 2 - full blown spoilers!

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ent_rosli.html

Comment

as if I wasn't anticipating the upcoming season enough, more spoilers to tease me with!!
        I fear that this can only end one way.

Comment

Technically speaking, wouldn't their human creator be the Cylon god?

Comment

Hi!
            There's a new interview where Eric Chu talks about his work on the Cylons and about the artworks in the industry in general.
            http://www.thescifiworld.net/interviews/eric_chu_01.htm

Here is an excerpt:

Gilles Nuytens: How much time did you take to create the cylon centurion, approximately, from your first idea to the final version?

Eric Chu: Many of the designs for Galactica were done in parrallel. That is, at some point or another during the two month period, we were working on all the designs at once. The Centurion began early, but in the end, it was one of the last ones finished simply because it was difficult to get an idea of what the producers were after. It was always the intention, though, to find a design that would emphasize the Cylon's mechanical nature and that this design could not possibly be a "man in an suit". After many unsuccessful tries, Gary Hutzel finally sent us a quick sketch of a mechanical version of the Angel of Death, complete with a "hood". Seeing that we were not necessarily bound so close to the original design, I took his drawing and expanded on it. It was approved almost immediately.
            Gilles
            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
            Ben Browder interview
            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

This looks interesting thanks a lot
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I love this image from the interview:

Comment

From The Calgary Sun:

Helfer’s star on rise

Alberta actress rockets between two hit series

MODEL CYLON ... Tricia Helfer returns for a second season of Battlestar Galactica on Space: The Imagination Station on Jan. 14.

Kevin Williamson
                  January 8, 2006

Click on the link to read the entire article. Some excerpts:

In Battlestar Galactica, Tricia Helfer is the link between human and Cylon.

In life, she’s the link between model and nerd.

For that, credit the 31-year-old starlet’s dual roles — as a gorgeous Cylon on the acclaimed remake of the dopey ’70s space opera, and as host and producer of Canada’s Next Top Model, a homegrown spinoff of the Tyra Banks reality contest in which Helfer will oversee a competition to crown a Canuck beauty.

Yet Helfer, who hails from Donalda, Alta., admits she was initially reluctant to join Model.

Five years ago, she’d quit catwalks cold turkey to pursue acting rather than juggle two demanding careers.

With Galactica emerging as a critical and commercial smash — its second season launches on Space on January 14 — Helfer wasn’t sure she wanted to revisit the profession she was introduced to more than a decade earlier when she was discovered in a movie theatre by Alberta modelling talent agent Kelly Streit.

People who do take things very seriously are science fiction fans and the followers of Battlestar Galactica, of course, are no different than the famously-faithful flocks who orbited the likes of Star Trek.

Despite being a genre show — and a retread of a certified cheesefest, no less — the updated, far grittier incarnation has received accolades from such publications as Newsday, which hailed it as television’s top series.

“Time magazine called it the best new show of 2005,” Helfer reports, understandably proud, as are the rest of the cast and crew, who will return to Vancouver in March to shoot Galactica’s third season.

“We’re pretty psyched. We’re all e-mailing each other, ‘Did you read that?’ ‘Did you hear this?’ We hope (the critical praise) gets a few more people to the show who wouldn’t typically tune in.”

Unlike the original, the new Galactica envisions a jumpsuit-and-robot-teddy bear-free future of paranoia and terrorism not unlike our present-day.

“The show hits a chord. It has a relevance,” Helfer says. “People have picked up on that human drama and are responding.”

As are fans to Helfer’s status as science fiction’s latest sex symbol and pin-up girl.

It’s to be expected, of course — what with the slinky, smoldering cyborg, Number Six, she plays — as was Helfer’s excitement when she heard from Galactica’s braintrust the sophomore season would introduce a clone of Six who couldn’t be more removed from the sex-oozing siren.

“This other character, Geena, has been completely traumatized — beaten and tortured to the point of wanting to die … It’s exhausting, but that’s what I enjoy about acting, stepping into different roles.”

One role she’s already assumed is that of science-fiction convention goddess.

Attending the notorious geekfests, she says, “has been a good experience. I did a few last year. I’m always laughing about it because you picture Galaxy Quest but on the whole, there are some interesting people there and the fans are loyal and intelligent.”

Even if, yes, it means she’s often forced to ponder such questions of cosmic importance as “Who is the Cylon god?” Her answer? “I don’t know! I’ve even asked (executive producer) Ron Moore and he doesn’t know.”

Back in Donalda, Helfer’s family is predictably ecstatic about her burgeoning fame.

“They’re so great and unassuming. Obviously they’re happy for me. They’re my biggest supporters and watch all the shows. But if I wanted to give it up and come home, they’d be perfectly happy.”

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

From The New York Times:

The Angel Is an Assassin

Grace Park's sweet "Battlestar Galactica" character, Sharon, nicknamed Boomer, was eventually revealed as a homicidal Cylon android.

By KATE AURTHUR
                    January 8, 2006

Click on the link to read the full article. Some excerpts:

In the final moments of the "Battlestar Galactica" mini-series, broadcast on the Sci Fi Channel in December 2003, viewers found out that Sharon - a sweet, somewhat clueless pilot nicknamed Boomer - was in fact a genocidal Cylon android. The Cylons had wiped out 12 planets and billions of people, and were intent on undermining the plans of the few human survivors by using undercover agents like Sharon. Her unmasking ended the mini-series on a suspenseful cliffhanger, and 13 months later, "Battlestar" returned as a weekly series. The second half of its second season began on Friday.

Grace Park, who plays Sharon, didn't notice the miniseries' gasp-inducing twist when she first auditioned for the flashier part of Starbuck. Sharon, she said, seemed like "the best friend you don't put too much weight on, a good person, kind of sad." After being offered that role, however, and rereading the teleplay, it hit her. Talking to Ronald D. Moore, who developed the remake of the 1970's show, "I said, 'You changed her to a Cylon!' " Ms. Park said, recalling her excitement. "He was like, 'It was always like that.' I totally didn't read it."

In one episode this season, Sharon begged a wary Adama to trust her. "I'm Sharon, but I'm a different Sharon," she said. "I know who I am. I don't have hidden protocols or programs lying in wait to be activated. I make my own choices."

But does she really? "She's both the friend and the enemy," Mr. Moore said. "There's always the eternal hope that she's going to help us so she can come back into the family." That hope will never be guaranteed, he said, because Sharon is, after all, and perhaps above all, a Cylon. When asked to characterize Sharon's future in Season 2, Ms. Park thought for a moment, and with a smile her character never gets to use, said: "Everything just gets deeper. And more dark."

Comment

Thank you for sharing this article, Sci-Fi.

Tricia is amazing, especially considering that she's only been acting for a few years. As I read up on the other cast members--Tahmoh Penniket, Kandyse McClure, Grace Park, I'm realizing that they too have only been acting a couple of years! It just goes to show--put outstanding writing, direction, & acting together and the possibilities are endless. I wish them all great success in this and future projects that come their way.

Comment

James Callis To Join Jamie Bamber on webchat
                        Just a quick heads up. After the first episode of the second series (Tuesday 10th January 2006) 10PM GMT, Jamie Bamber And James Callis will be online for a webchat. So if you could have a think about any questions you want to ask him then please do!

Hopefully see you in the webchat.

All the best,
                        www.skyone.co.uk

Comment

That's 4pm CST, 5 EST here in the US in case anyone was wondering, had to do the world clock conversion thingy.... I had to look it up for myself because I'd sure like to be there for the webcast
                          ...but now I know
                          That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                          Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                          And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
                          Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

Ooh, sounds like fun. I wonder if they are going to inundated by squeeing fangirls.

Comment

From UGO:

Michael Rymer of Battlestar Galactica

Interview by Daniel Robert Epstein

Click on the link to read the entire interview. Some excerpts:

The new season of Battlestar Galactica started January 6th and we got a chance to talk with director Michael Rymer about the new episodes he's helmed, his next movie project and the really weird TV series he wants to launch.

UGO: What are you shooting right now?

MICHAEL RYMER: I'm just finishing the last two episodes of the whole season.

UGO: How's that going?

MICHAEL: Excellent, it went really well. I'm really happy with the way it looks right now and looking forward to putting it together.

UGO: What storylines are you tackling if you could say?

MICHAEL: I'm strictly forbidden to tell you that. But basically, we're trying to resolve some of the conflicts that have been going on all season like the introduction of Gina. We're trying to join what that means to Walter. Also Sharon and Gerald are trying to get some closure to certain aspects of the story that have been dangling for a while.

UGO: Do you have guest actors in the episodes you just finished?

MICHAEL: Yes. Dean Stockwell came in to play a religious character.

Comment

http://www.skyone.co.uk/

Live chat, right now
                                err, whoooooo?

Comment

Working...
                                X