Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a link to or a copy of the new preview that scifi has been running?
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

I noticed this earlier today. Awesome news. Only furthers the shows popularity.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Anyone know what kinda res or bitrate or filesize (ie quality) they are?

Comment

I guess that's cool. I'm not really into the whole downloading scene though. Apparently I'm roaming with DVD dinosaurs. Still, it's pretty cool to get the eps for download the day after they're broadcast. But I can't afford an iPod and I don't know anyone who can.

Comment

nice but my 40gig iPod doesnt do video

Comment

too bad guess, you have to buy a new one.

anyway, it's christmas soon - what ipod would you suggest to buy? (if only for bsg lol)

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
                too bad guess, you have to buy a new one.

anyway, it's christmas soon - what ipod would you suggest to buy? (if only for bsg lol)
                go for the largest capacity iPod video they make... your choice of black or white

Comment

From Hpana:

Katie Leung & Grace Park Nominated for Outstanding Newcomer Award

Posted by GERI
                  Source: News Tip

Cable television channel for Asian America, AZN Television, today announced their list of nominees for 'Outstanding Newcomer Award' and Harry Potter actress Katie Leung and Battlestar Galactica actress Grace Park has been nominated.

Also on the list: Actors Keiko Agena (Gilmore Girls), Lynn Chen (Saving Face), Henry Cho (Comedy Central), Roger Fan (Annapolis), Mindy Kaling (Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm), Sung Kang (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift), Ravi Kapoor (Crossing Jordan), Liza Lapira (Huff), Rex Lee (Entourage), Katie Leung (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), Marie Matiko (Art of War, The Civilization of Maxwell Bright), Max Minghella (Bee Season, Syriana), Diane Mizota (Memoirs of a Geisha, Three Wishes), Parminder Nagra (ER), Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica, Romeo Must Die), Dat Phan (Last Comic Standing), Navi Rawat (Numb3rs) and Brenda Song (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody), singer/songwriter Kevin So, and hip hop band At Last.

Can vote HERE

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

thanks. but... largest capacity? excuse me, i am not that much into that DRM stuff, but... can't i use another hard disk for backup and such? is there a connector for a larger screen?

Comment

ah, i just found an description... i think i need a mac mini, too looks sweet

Comment

ah, i just found an description... i think i need a mac mini, too looks sweet
                        Just go for the 20" iMac. with Front Row included and the DVDs of BSG Season 2.0 arriving on the 20th of December (thank you mysterious $25.00 amazon coupon) you're way ahead of anybody with a video ipod.

Who am I kidding, I've got a 12" Powerbook and 4G 40GiB iPod, but hey, Season 2 will be here in two weeks. And then ep211!!!

Oh, and one more thing...

Death to DRM!!! Never bought from iTunes, never plan to... Rip your CDs... Beware of Sony's evil rootkits!

Comment

Does anyone know the video quality of the files when played on the computer? Because I don't have a video iPod but if the quality is good I still might purchase the episodes for watching on comp.

PS - To mods: It is ok to discuss this, right? Since it's legal episode purchasing and downloading?

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            Does anyone know the video quality of the files when played on the computer? Because I don't have a video iPod but if the quality is good I still might purchase the episodes for watching on comp.

PS - To mods: It is ok to discuss this, right? Since it's legal episode purchasing and downloading?
                            Apple wouldn't be doing this if it weren't totally legal.

I've read over at www.TUAW.com (The Unofficial Apple Weblog) that the quality is fine when you've got your iPod hooked up to your non-HD TV, and the playback is excellent on the iPod itself, but you won't be too impressed if you watch it on your computer or an HDTV.

Comment

oh. well, i want to buy season 2 dvd, too. but i thought it would be nice if i could watch every new episode one day after airing, too, and not wait for the next dvd... (as i am in germany and have no "scifi channel" or "sky one")

inquiry: i don't need an ipod for this? (even if the quality would be lower, that doesn't matter that much as i buy the dvds anyway)

Comment

inquiry: i don't need an ipod for this? (even if the quality would be lower, that doesn't matter that much as i buy the dvds anyway)
                                No, all you need is the iTunes6/Quicktime7 bundle, and, I think it would be preferable to have, an S-video cable so you can hook your computer up to your TV (or you could just watch on your computer, for two bucks, you may as well try it out on one episode).

Comment

Working...
                                X