Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106
Results 2,101 to 2,105 of 2105

Default Re: BSG News, Articles, Reviews Misc. tidbits

As long as AngelBaltar or AngelSix can make a cameo, I will be interested.

You know the Cylons have left Earth, but it doesn't mean they can't come back within the 150 000 years range. But since the new showrunner loves making shows about robotics then maybe it will be placed before the fall of the 12 Colonies. Just the whole mystery about the Final Five, Kobol, Earth is already revealed, so I am not sure if he can tell anything new. Or they should have revealed some title for this spin-off as I am guessing the new show will hardly be related to the Galactica ship. It was also destroyed with the complete fleet if you remember in the end.

Even Cylons could "visit" the ancient Greece, because I doubt that caveman could maintain the Greek mythological names for 150 000 years. And this is the fact what made me annoyed at the BSG. Spoilers? (I doubt it after 10 years). We have followed 45-50 000 people in the whole show, then they were willingly destroy all tech, all ships on Earth. Then only Hera has played any major rule in evolution (with the mitochondiral DNA is actual Cylon heritage), so everyone has died out and the whole rescue mission was useless as they became extinct anyway. I hope you can follow me, but basically that is what has happened if you imagine the future of Colonials on Earth. Then even Hera has chosen a caveman partner, while she could find a parter amongst the children of the fleet. So this part was disappointing even if I liked the mitocondrial Eve concept. The whole ending could have worked better, if only Hera could have stayed on Earth in secret, while the fleet could have lured the Cylons away.

I stand by the ending, implications and all. A "fresh start" wasn't just, as they understood it, abandoning technology. The "fresh start" was also the ultimate extinction of the Colonials and Cylons as we knew them; the only one whose descendants survived the eons were Hera's.

If this reboot happens at all (which, as I've said, I'm both doubtful will happen and not keen on if it does), going the 'ancient Greek route' might be the only way in which I find the idea interesting. But I have no idea how you'd make a science fiction show work in a bronze/iron age civilization.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I am also very doubtful it will happen because... Blood an Chrome never made it past the pilot. I really don't see any other viable scenario than having the show set in the first cylon war, it can't be too long before because that was Caprica (which got cancelled too) and a much different show, and then (gap) --- BSG so...

We know the beginning, we know the ending, unless it's a complete reboot there's not much room to maneuver imo.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Cylons haven't settled down on ancient Earth in the season finale, only Boomer has stayed there with Helo. So what if they come back nowadays? Like our radio waves or Voyager satellite reaches them (ala Star Trek), so they decide to look around. So what if the Cylons come back to return the "real" Earth. This idea could work, but then it would be hardly connected to the BSG. Just the enemy would be the same.

Even later.... Future BSG spin-off. Cylons will build the Skynet, so Terminatirs are skinjobs. Okay, I am just kidding.

I still would rather see a reboot based on TOS. A lot of good potential for stories there.

For example, the Seraphs from TOS could have been the entities responsible for the "godlike occurances" in NuBSG.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine