X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet

Comment

I checked last night, but wasnt able to find BSG listed on the Australian iTunes Store (we've only just got iTunes store btw, a year or so behind the U.S.).

Its possible that no agreement was made (or even saught) with channel 7 / southern cross television.

Comment

I've heard something about being able to purchase a pre-paid credit card on the net that is accepted as US one? So you are able to use it for iTunes and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          I've heard something about being able to purchase a pre-paid credit card on the net that is accepted as US one? So you are able to use it for iTunes and stuff?
          Possibly although those cards sold in Australia may only be usable on the Australian iTunes

Comment

I know that in Canada, they are planning on airing the 2nd season lowdown before they start the second season here. Which will be nice to see. Which happens to be in the middle of January, (thank god for downloads).

Comment

Originally posted by Hawat
              Let me clear up some of the confusion.

1. Downloading shows on iTunes is perfectly legal. Yes there is DRM: you can back-up the movie, keep it forever, and move it to your iPod (5th generation, or video iPods, are the only ones that can play it.)

2. You can watch the video on your computer. Windows or Mac. All you need is iTunes and Quicktime. (Quicktime now comes bundled with iTunes)

3. Video specs: 320x240 resolution, 190MB, 608kbits/sec data rate, 44.1kHz audio rate. What this means is, if you can connect your iPod (or computer) to a TV, you're looking at a slight quality loss, but very watchable.
              You misunderstand the copyright thing. Australians have no access to the US iTunes. When logging in, it recognises the IP address as being from outside north America and will not allow a download.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that's true. For instance, I have both iTunes and an iPod, bought/downloaded perfectly legally in the US, and I then created a iTunes store account IN the US, with a US credit card. All is good so far. Now, I have relocated to NZ, and am still able to login, buy and download music (haven't tried TV shows) off the store. All of it goes thru my US account and credit card, but my ip addy is in NZ.....

It's interesting that they don't pick up the disparity. I purchased a download manager I had trialled and really liked the other day, and they cancelled my purchase after a week or so because of the NZ ip addy, but the US credit card - it was quite amusing, when I emailed asking why they replied saying they suspected me of fraud! Lucky it really WAS my card

Anyway, I guess the upshot is YAY, BSG on iTunes But meh on dl-ing it I'm suspicious that the quality isn't as good as I'm used to. NZ isn't that far behind with BSG anyway..... *twitches and drools*

Comment

I suspect it's the US credit card that helps there. Sadly, I don't have one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                    I suspect it's the US credit card that helps there. Sadly, I don't have one of those.
                    It's not the U.S. credit card, it's the fact that the credit card originally had a billing address in the U.S. I'm a Canadian, so like my fellow Commonwealthers, don't have access to video content purchases in the iTunes Music Store, however, I was able to browse and download the free tracks from the Canadian iTMS, while living in London, U.K. So it's not about your IP, but where they think your payment is coming from.

Comment

This is odd, I pre-ordered the first ten episodes of season 2.0 with amazon.ca a few weeks back, and the shipping date still reads:

Shipping estimate: Dec 23 2005
                      Delivery estimate: Dec 28 2005 - Dec 29 2005

However, when you go back to the item page, it's now listed as being set for release on May 25, 2006

Does anybody know what's going on? I have a few guesses, but I just hope I still receive my order.
                      Last edited by MASON; 08 December 2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

The set is delayed in Canada, only because the first run of episodes havn't even aired yet. It makes sense. They wouldn't release the set before the episodes even aired. Ratings would tumble.
                        Last edited by Chricton; 08 December 2005, 11:37 AM.
                        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                          The set is delayed in Canada, only because the first run of episodes hasn't even aired yet. It makes sense. They wouldn't release the set before the episodes even aired. Ratings would tumble.
                          I figured as much. Lucky me, I'll be one of the few Canadians to see the second season before it airs in Canada, it makes you wonder how I've been contributing to these forums without having seen the second season...hmmmm.

Comment

I received mine today from half.com. Awesome set. The longer Pegasus is pretty cool.
                            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                              I received mine today from half.com. Awesome set. The longer Pegasus is pretty cool.
                              Fantastic!!! Glad to hear you received yours already, were there any deleted scenes for Pegasus, or did they all get used in the extended edition?

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                                I figured as much. Lucky me, I'll be one of the few Canadians to see the second season before it airs in Canada, it makes you wonder how I've been contributing to these forums without having seen the second season...hmmmm.
                                The answer is obvious... Are you from the future??
                                Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Working...
                                X