This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have no tv, just a big screen on my workstation

thank you, i'll look for that software bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawat
      Apple has made deals with NBC, USA and Sci-fi networks to allow select shows be available for purchase and download. For Sci-fi, this means Battlestar Galactica. The mini-series, season 1 and season 2.0 are available on the iTMS for $1.99 a piece.

http://playlistmag.com/news/2005/12/...php?lsrc=mwrss
      http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000430071201/
      That's fantastic ... for people with access to the US version of iTunes. For the rest of us, it's p*ss poor as usual.

Comment

The "Lowdown" or "BSG Special" scheduled times:

Jan 2 at 10pm-10:30pm EST/PST and repeated Jan 3 at 12:30am-1am EST/PST. Central times are 9pm-9:30pm and repeated at 11:30pm-12am

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

ohh thanks for the link
          *voted for Grace*
          Ses
          James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

oh... and i already thought i am just too dumb to find it in the store -.-

thx for the info socks... and... why can't i install the u.s. version...? mhmm... i wonder...

Comment

It's copyright thing, I gather. I barely want anything from iTunes Oz. That's a download I've wasted.

Comment

Is that a BSG only one? Or is it for SG1 and Atlantis as well like last time?

Comment

Let me clear up some of the confusion.

1. Downloading shows on iTunes is perfectly legal. Yes there is DRM: you can back-up the movie, keep it forever, and move it to your iPod (5th generation, or video iPods, are the only ones that can play it.)

2. You can watch the video on your computer. Windows or Mac. All you need is iTunes and Quicktime. (Quicktime now comes bundled with iTunes)

3. Video specs: 320x240 resolution, 190MB, 608kbits/sec data rate, 44.1kHz audio rate. What this means is, if you can connect your iPod (or computer) to a TV, you're looking at a slight quality loss, but very watchable.

Comment

Can someone enlighten me? I've seen several references to the "Lowdown". What the frak is it??
                    Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                      It's copyright thing, I gather. I barely want anything from iTunes Oz. That's a download I've wasted.
                      maybe they first have a look on how good it sells, then expand the offer to other shops than the american one. i really hope bsg gets into the european itunes store

the overall costs (2 euro or dollar * 20 episodes) do correspond to the costs of a dvd, but at least i get the stuff i am addicted to before the dvd is available...
                      Last edited by userfriendly; 07 December 2005, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by madk99
                        Can someone enlighten me? I've seen several references to the "Lowdown". What the frak is it??
                        It's basically a behind-the-scenes special. They have clips of upcoming episodes, interviews, and various other things. They're usually pretty cool to watch. I had not heard about one coming up this January, though. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by madk99
                          "Battlestar Galactica: The Lowdown", Read: Possible Spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                            "Battlestar Galactica: The Lowdown", Read: Possible Spoilers.
                            Maybe I'll tape it and watch it later -- if I can hold out that long.
                            Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

sweet I can't wait for the new season this will keep me happy till the 6th

Comment

Thanks for the info I voted for Grace

Comment

Working...
                                X