This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reboot in the works?

Looks like the Singer project has fallen through... but someone else might pick it up..

http://nerdist.com/new-battlestar-ga...-at-universal/

Wait ’til the old man hears about this! Those frakkin’ toasters over in Hollywood are once again trying their hand at bringing Battlestar Galactica to the big screen. According to The Hollywood Reporter, producer Michael DeLuca (The Social Network) is partnering with Bluegrass Films (Battleship) to develop the venerable sci-fi series as a franchise at Universal Pictures. No writers are attached to the project at this time, and little else is known about the planned iteration.

Comment

The Battlestar Galactica Movie Just Took A Major Step Forward

Most of us know Battlestar Galactica as a TV show, whether that be from the 1970s or the 2000s. But Hollywood has continually tried to take the well-known franchise for themselves and now, the latest potential movie adaptation just got a screenwriter and maybe even a director.

Deadline reports the latest Battlestar Galactica movie, which was first announced in February, will be written by Lisa Joy, who is currently working on HBO’s Westworld. In addition, Francis Lawrence, the director of I Am Legend and the final final three Hunger Games movies, is potentially circling the project to direct.

To put this into context, it suggests producers have been taking pitches on the property from writers and finally heard one that not only do they want to see made into a screenplay, but that a director is interested in too.

When, or if that’ll happen, is another story. Francis Lawrence is currently prepping a movie with Jennifer Lawrence called Red Sparrow, so even if Joy’s script is approved, this wouldn’t come until after that. Even so, the worst case scenario is that someone out there is really trying to take the story of Battlestar Galactica and bring it to life once again.
      Source: io9
      sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
      ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Will that movie be a jump off point for yet another new series?

Comment

I don't know, but I hope it goes more the way of TOS Galactica, rather than NuBSG. The movie that Bryan Singer was supposed to direct was going to be TOS-based.

Don't get me wrong, I like both incarnations, but it's TOS's turn at bat now.

Comment

And i hope to heck they go back to the ENERGY weapon variants.. Though i DID like the appearance of the new Basestars and cylon raders compared to TOS..

Comment

Re-airing on SyFy as part of their anniversary!

http://nerdist.com/a-battlestar-gala...oming-to-syfy/

Comment

My cable shows that Syffy is (so far) airing only the pilot and first two seasons. These are also available from On Demand.
                Last edited by pscard; 25 September 2017, 12:36 PM.
                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                Matthew 5:9

Comment

It occurred to me that the reason seasons three and four are not listed may be because my cable's menu doesn't show anything beyond the next two weeks.

I'll keep checking.
                  Total syffy posts: 36,690
                  (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                  Matthew 5:9

Comment

I don't normally post in this section, but I found something that I thought BSG fans might want to know about:
                    The Crews From Both ‘Battlestar Galactica’s Are Going to Cross Paths - COMET TV Sci-fi Network

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

‘Battlestar Galactica’ and ‘The Flash’ Actor Donnelly Rhodes Dies Aged 80

Ronald D. Moore's tribute to him: https://twitter.com/RonDMoore/status/950545385407197184

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

That's too bad
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hope this is the right place to post--Dynamite Entertainment just debuted a MASSIVE Battlestar Galactica comics bundle! The first three digital comics are free, and there's a deal to get all 97 issues for $19.78 (the year the original BSG debuted), plus signed BSG, X-Files, and Walking Dead comics up for grabs at VERY low prices. It's a great way to catch up on the comics if you haven't read them yet!

Comment

Nicki Clyne (Cally) has become part of the Allison Mack/Nxium sex cult story. ugh this is so sad and disturbing.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Looks like another reboot is in the works

'Battlestar Galactica' Reboot From Sam Esmail in the Works at NBCU's Streamer

Holy frak!

NBCUniversal's newly named streaming service, Peacock, is revisiting Battlestar Galactica with a new, straight-to-series take from Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail, set as part of its initial content lineup. Peacock will also be the streaming home for Ron Moore's Syfy take on Battlestar Galactica.

Details about the new take on the beloved drama are being kept under wraps, though sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that it will be an updated, more modern look at the world as told through the lens of the sci-fi favorite. The updated Battlestar Galactica, sources say, will be inspired by Syfy's 2004 series, developed by Ron Moore, and not based on the 1978 original from creator Glen A. Larson.

Esmail is attached to executive produce. A writer has not yet been hired. The drama hails from Universal Content Productions, where Esmail remains under an overall deal. UCP produced the original series. Esmail's manager, Chad Hamilton at Anonymous Content, will also exec produce.

Comment

Frak me, no. We don't need a reboot of a reboot... It has finished just 10 years ago.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X