Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clear up any confusion, those are the Canadian broadcast dates that is starting from episode 201, not the U.S. resumption dates for the 2nd half of BSG which is still Jan 6, 2006.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

OK, guys, got some possible bad news. Last night, I was re-watchign Pegasus, and I noticed the episode ended at 45.xx. I remember seeing something past an hour on my sisters DVD player my first play through. I go back to her player, and for some reason the numbers were jumping around.

somehow, the episode is NOT longer. It had been so long since I had seen it I only THOUGHT some scenes were new, and since the timer was fooling me, I didn't really think twice. Now unless its somehow hidden on the disc, we may have another "Threads" type issue going on here.

The extra scenes are also not included in the deleted scenes area. The back on the box (that hold the last disc with two episodes) only states the time as one hour 20 some minutes, making both episode their original lenghts. And this in fact a legitimate set, not some asian copy or bootleg.

On a side note though, it's nice that the set inccludes more than an episodes worth of deleted scenes.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
        OK, guys, got some possible bad news. Last night, I was re-watchign Pegasus, and I noticed the episode ended at 45.xx. I remember seeing something past an hour on my sisters DVD player my first play through. I go back to her player, and for some reason the numbers were jumping around.

somehow, the episode is NOT longer. It had been so long since I had seen it I only THOUGHT some scenes were new, and since the timer was fooling me, I didn't really think twice. Now unless its somehow hidden on the disc, we may have another "Threads" type issue going on here.

The extra scenes are also not included in the deleted scenes area. The back on the box (that hold the last disc with two episodes) only states the time as one hour 20 some minutes, making both episode their original lenghts. And this in fact a legitimate set, not some asian copy or bootleg.

On a side note though, it's nice that the set inccludes more than an episodes worth of deleted scenes.
        You're positive about this?

I'll cancel my purchase if I have to shell out for another copy with the long edit on it.

Comment

From Cox Las Vegas:

4 Sneak Peek Videos
          • Baltar and Number Six
            The relationship changes.
          • President Laura Roslin
            Dealing with death and a lot of mess.
          • Two Battlestars
            Galactica links up with the Pegasus.
          • Capt. Lee Adama
            Does he want to live anymore?

Comment

I checked the DVD on my computer with two different DVD extraction programs, and there is nothing on the disc that would make me believe an extended episode is hidden in there somewhere. The content is abnormaly large for just 2 episodes (close to 6 Gigs), but that could just be how little they compressed the data (the image quality for these two episodes is amazing, especially when hooked up to an HD Up-Converter).

IMO, hold off on the pre-order. Wait and see when the set is officlaly released if anyone else reports this problem (which they probably will).
            Last edited by Chricton; 09 December 2005, 07:34 AM.
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
              Baltar and Number Six
              The relationship changes.
              thank the gods... will he be a chip in her head now?

President Laura Roslin
              Dealing with death and a lot of mess.
              yeah, finally... uhm... fine... i mean, i hope she'll be fine... seriously

Two Battlestars
              Galactica links up with the Pegasus.
              yay! hopefully they have enough civilians who are qualified to replace the crew, which is completely made of cylons *cough* not!

Capt. Lee Adama
              Does he want to live anymore?
              do the writers want him to live?

anyway, can't await it january, oh january... oh hallowed be thy sixth day
              (uhm, sixth... *ting tingting ting ting* oh the "six theme", there is it again, aaarrrgh)

Comment

Man is NBC Universal really getting on my nerves. I first noticed that when when NBC aired the last 3 episodes of BSG's first season.
                sigpic

Comment

i sooo cannot wait until the new eppys start
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I just downloaded one of the latter eps of the first half of season 2, watching it now.... I hate that they've made it full screen And you can't watch it full screen (as in full monitor) on the computer, the image gets quite pixelated, it's not tooooo bad tho. Having said I'd choose to pay to download the eps if it were available, I sorta felt like I should give them a chance. However, the quality and the cropping is enough to put me off

Comment

Would someone please be so kind as to post a breakdown of each promo for those of us whose computers can't run them? Except maybe the Le-centric one 'cause most know all about that one by now.

Comment

I believe that NBC Universal is degrading BSG. Possible Cures: Show Stargate on NBC and more advertising of SG1 and SGA, on networks other than SciFi.

yay, 2,100 posts!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

BSG Costuming Thread

SG-Command.Net has a very interesting and creative thread on BSG uniforms, props, and costumes. Check it out.

Link to Pictures of the BSG Pilot Pistol and Holster
                          Before:

After:

Somebody discovered that the Colonial Marine Helmets are "Giro Bad Lieutenant Snowboarding Helmet"

Comment

Wow, they have some pretty cool stuff. I love the dog tags. Wouldn't mind getting a pair of those.

Thanks for the link!

Comment

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2159
                              Just how bad is piracy affecting television shows like "Battlestar Galactica"? Enough to make network executives realize they have an untapped market, and even more than enough to do something about it.

"Every week, there are 436,000 illegal downloads of 'Battlestar Galactica,'" Zucker said. "Clearly, someone is downloading it and watching it on a smaller screen. Ever since iTunes went online with video, there have been 500,000 downloads per week. It's pretty clear people want to watch this stuff. Now, given that we are selling 'Battlestar Galactica' for $1.99, there is finally a legitimate model in place."
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Yeah, I found some thing like this a while back (it's actually from BSG's first season)

links (I found these via Google):
                                (PDF link- right click the link to download and view) www.hyperreal.org/~mpesce/piracyisgood.pdf
                                http://www.mindjack.com/feature/piracy051305.html

Google Search:
                                http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X