Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as AngelBaltar or AngelSix can make a cameo, I will be interested.

You know the Cylons have left Earth, but it doesn't mean they can't come back within the 150 000 years range. But since the new showrunner loves making shows about robotics then maybe it will be placed before the fall of the 12 Colonies. Just the whole mystery about the Final Five, Kobol, Earth is already revealed, so I am not sure if he can tell anything new. Or they should have revealed some title for this spin-off as I am guessing the new show will hardly be related to the Galactica ship. It was also destroyed with the complete fleet if you remember in the end.

Even Cylons could "visit" the ancient Greece, because I doubt that caveman could maintain the Greek mythological names for 150 000 years. And this is the fact what made me annoyed at the BSG. Spoilers? (I doubt it after 10 years). We have followed 45-50 000 people in the whole show, then they were willingly destroy all tech, all ships on Earth. Then only Hera has played any major rule in evolution (with the mitochondiral DNA is actual Cylon heritage), so everyone has died out and the whole rescue mission was useless as they became extinct anyway. I hope you can follow me, but basically that is what has happened if you imagine the future of Colonials on Earth. Then even Hera has chosen a caveman partner, while she could find a parter amongst the children of the fleet. So this part was disappointing even if I liked the mitocondrial Eve concept. The whole ending could have worked better, if only Hera could have stayed on Earth in secret, while the fleet could have lured the Cylons away.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I stand by the ending, implications and all. A "fresh start" wasn't just, as they understood it, abandoning technology. The "fresh start" was also the ultimate extinction of the Colonials and Cylons as we knew them; the only one whose descendants survived the eons were Hera's.

If this reboot happens at all (which, as I've said, I'm both doubtful will happen and not keen on if it does), going the 'ancient Greek route' might be the only way in which I find the idea interesting. But I have no idea how you'd make a science fiction show work in a bronze/iron age civilization.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am also very doubtful it will happen because... Blood an Chrome never made it past the pilot. I really don't see any other viable scenario than having the show set in the first cylon war, it can't be too long before because that was Caprica (which got cancelled too) and a much different show, and then (gap) --- BSG so...

We know the beginning, we know the ending, unless it's a complete reboot there's not much room to maneuver imo.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Cylons haven't settled down on ancient Earth in the season finale, only Boomer has stayed there with Helo. So what if they come back nowadays? Like our radio waves or Voyager satellite reaches them (ala Star Trek), so they decide to look around. So what if the Cylons come back to return the "real" Earth. This idea could work, but then it would be hardly connected to the BSG. Just the enemy would be the same.

Even later.... Future BSG spin-off. Cylons will build the Skynet, so Terminatirs are skinjobs. Okay, I am just kidding.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I still would rather see a reboot based on TOS. A lot of good potential for stories there.

For example, the Seraphs from TOS could have been the entities responsible for the "godlike occurances" in NuBSG.

Comment

‘Battlestar Galactica’ & ‘Xena: Warrior Princess’ April Marathons Set On Syfy

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

Even Cylons could "visit" the ancient Greece, because I doubt that caveman could maintain the Greek mythological names for 150 000 years. And this is the fact what made me annoyed at the BSG. Spoilers? (I doubt it after 10 years). We have followed 45-50 000 people in the whole show, then they were willingly destroy all tech, all ships on Earth. Then only Hera has played any major rule in evolution (with the mitochondiral DNA is actual Cylon heritage), so everyone has died out and the whole rescue mission was useless as they became extinct anyway. I hope you can follow me, but basically that is what has happened if you imagine the future of Colonials on Earth. Then even Hera has chosen a caveman partner, while she could find a parter amongst the children of the fleet. So this part was disappointing even if I liked the mitocondrial Eve concept. The whole ending could have worked better, if only Hera could have stayed on Earth in secret, while the fleet could have lured the Cylons away.
                the whole time frame of the arrival in the last ep was poorly chosen

all based around RDMs fascination with the real world mito Eve story

dovetailing their arrival at say, 12,000 yrs ago would have been a much better tie in, look at all the real world info/questions that are dated to that time

- the probable first occurrences of humans with blue and green eyes
                - the "lost civilizations" that have been found recently all dating to around this time (gobleke tepe, age of sphinx, ancient sites found under water, that were covered about this time)

these things and others --all NOT ancient alien type stuff-- would have made a fun and interesting in to their arrival

on the greek and other legends, i agree, even though it is known that many legends-like australian aboriginal- have very old spoken word traditions for passing along to new generations, before anything was written down, these verbal traditions probably dont go back 150,000 years

i mean, RDM et al, even kind of set it up in the last ep with "Apollo" getting into his viper (sun chariot) and saying he was going to fly around the world

adama "zeus" sitting on his hill... even the chief going up to his 'cold and deserted island" could have been connected to a legend

they built this in and they squandered it

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  I still would rather see a reboot based on TOS. A lot of good potential for stories there.

For example, the Seraphs from TOS could have been the entities responsible for the "godlike occurances" in NuBSG.
                  it is argued on many a board, that RDMs head creatures and what happened to starbuck were done by the seraphs. he just never bothered to actually include them

he did have some issues with any "aliens" being in show though. Olmos told him he would not be in the show if there were any aliens--- who knows? it was a great show, but a lot of opp's were missed imo.

Comment

Cylons haven't settled down on ancient Earth in the season finale, only Boomer has stayed there with Helo. So what if they come back nowadays? Like our radio waves or Voyager satellite reaches them (ala Star Trek), so they decide to look around. So what if the Cylons come back to return the "real" Earth. This idea could work, but then it would be hardly connected to the BSG. Just the enemy would be the same.

Even later.... Future BSG spin-off. Cylons will build the Skynet, so Terminatirs are skinjobs. Okay, I am just kidding.
                    all of the 2s,8s and 6's stayed on earth

isn't the thought on the new show-based on the the showrunner's brief words-- that it is in the future and will probably depict yet another iteration of the whole "all of this has happened before" tragedy?

but with it being set so far into our current future, there will be plenty of room for more familiar sci fi tropes, ships, travel and weapons

unless there is some back story of some kind of downfall of earth civ in our future that mankind rises back from --like in Babylon 5 and re-birth of earth civilization "after the Burn"-- If not, then the human tech should be pretty advanced

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      I am also very doubtful it will happen because... Blood an Chrome never made it past the pilot. I really don't see any other viable scenario than having the show set in the first cylon war, it can't be too long before because that was Caprica (which got cancelled too) and a much different show, and then (gap) --- BSG so...

We know the beginning, we know the ending, unless it's a complete reboot there's not much room to maneuver imo.
                      isn't the reboot show supposed to be a corner stone of the new PEACOCK streaming service of NBC/UNIVERSAL?

The new NBCUniversal streaming service that the company said Tuesday would be called Peacock will launch in April 2020 with original content that includes series reboots from the NBCU library among its fare. That list includes the return of a sci-fi classic: a new Battlestar Galactica, billed as an original series from Mr. Robot and Homecoming executive producer Sam Esmail.

Not much is revealed about the premise, but we hear Esmail is a huge fan of BG and told NBCU brass it was high on a list of titles he wanted to tackle under the mega new four-year overall deal he closed at NBCU’s Universal Content Productions earlier this year.
                      https://deadline.com/2019/09/battles...ck-1202736127/

Comment

Frak me, no. We don't need a reboot of a reboot... It has finished just 10 years ago.
                        There are going to be TONS of reboots...

MUST FEED THE NEW BEAST..AKA STREAMING SERVICES!!

with every broadcast and cable channel, ISPs, cable providers,Walmart and who knows what else out there streaming original content, we will probably see very show and movie known to man either rebooted, continued or spun off of in years to come

it might not be all bad.. disney now owns PLANET OF THE APES and defi has plans to do something with it

Comment

‘Battlestar Galactica’: Michael Lesslie To Write & Exec Produce Peacock Reboot Of Sci-Fi Franchise

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Yay. I hope it will be as good as the BSG 2004 version.

Comment

Michael Hogan who played Saul Tigh in the Ron Moore series suffered a serious accident last February of this year.

The following is from the GoFundMe concerning Michael in his wife Susan's own words:

On Feb. 17, 2020, everything changed drastically in our world. Michael was in Vancouver participating in a Battlestar Galactica convention, and at dinner following his day’s work, he fell and hit his head. Hard. He went to bed that night not realizing that the impact had caused a massive brain bleed. He was unable to be woken the next morning and was taken to Vancouver General Hospital and emergency surgery performed. It took 57 staples to close the part of his scull they had to remove in order to reach the damage.

The accident left him with complete paralysis on his left side, memory loss, cognitive impairment and an inability to swallow.
                              Then things became incredibly more difficult during the COVID pandemic with visits by family being restricted then denied and no care team (physiotherapist,
                              OT, speech therapist, etc. ) allowed in.
                              I was informed of this event and the GoFundMe from Amanda Tapping's Twitter.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

so, nothing on setting- reboot- sequel? Will it be like "classic BSG" or "nuBSG"? Nothing out yet

i'd guess it will be like classic BSG since this is the film project that has been kicking around from BEFORE nuBSG was even in pre-production and a pet project of Richard Hatch

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/....er-1234813660/

Comment

Working...
                                X