Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant userfriendly's Avatar

Default Re: 4 Sneak Peek Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
    Baltar and Number Six
    The relationship changes.
    thank the gods... will he be a chip in her head now?

President Laura Roslin
    Dealing with death and a lot of mess.
    yeah, finally... uhm... fine... i mean, i hope she'll be fine... seriously

Two Battlestars
    Galactica links up with the Pegasus.
    yay! hopefully they have enough civilians who are qualified to replace the crew, which is completely made of cylons *cough* not!

Capt. Lee Adama
    Does he want to live anymore?
    do the writers want him to live?

anyway, can't await it january, oh january... oh hallowed be thy sixth day
    (uhm, sixth... *ting tingting ting ting* oh the "six theme", there is it again, aaarrrgh)

Angry Re: 4 Sneak Peek Videos

Man is NBC Universal really getting on my nerves. I first noticed that when when NBC aired the last 3 episodes of BSG's first season.

i sooo cannot wait until the new eppys start

Default Re: iTunes offers BSG

Yeah, I just downloaded one of the latter eps of the first half of season 2, watching it now.... I hate that they've made it full screen And you can't watch it full screen (as in full monitor) on the computer, the image gets quite pixelated, it's not tooooo bad tho. Having said I'd choose to pay to download the eps if it were available, I sorta felt like I should give them a chance. However, the quality and the cropping is enough to put me off

First Lieutenant

Would someone please be so kind as to post a breakdown of each promo for those of us whose computers can't run them? Except maybe the Le-centric one 'cause most know all about that one by now.

Exclamation Re: 4 Sneak Peek Videos

I believe that NBC Universal is degrading BSG. Possible Cures: Show Stargate on NBC and more advertising of SG1 and SGA, on networks other than SciFi.

yay, 2,100 posts!!!!!!!!!

Wink BSG Uniforms, Props, Uniforms, Etc

BSG Costuming Thread

SG-Command.Net has a very interesting and creative thread on BSG uniforms, props, and costumes. Check it out.

Link to Pictures of the BSG Pilot Pistol and Holster
    Before:

After:

Somebody discovered that the Colonial Marine Helmets are "Giro Bad Lieutenant Snowboarding Helmet"

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: BSG Uniforms, Props, Uniforms, Etc

Wow, they have some pretty cool stuff. I love the dog tags. Wouldn't mind getting a pair of those.

Thanks for the link!

Default Piracy Issues Gives 'Galactica' Center Stage

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2159
    Just how bad is piracy affecting television shows like "Battlestar Galactica"? Enough to make network executives realize they have an untapped market, and even more than enough to do something about it.

"Every week, there are 436,000 illegal downloads of 'Battlestar Galactica,'" Zucker said. "Clearly, someone is downloading it and watching it on a smaller screen. Ever since iTunes went online with video, there have been 500,000 downloads per week. It's pretty clear people want to watch this stuff. Now, given that we are selling 'Battlestar Galactica' for $1.99, there is finally a legitimate model in place."
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Exclamation Re: Piracy Issues Gives 'Galactica' Center Stage

Yeah, I found some thing like this a while back (it's actually from BSG's first season)

links (I found these via Google):
    (PDF link- right click the link to download and view) www.hyperreal.org/~mpesce/piracyisgood.pdf
    http://www.mindjack.com/feature/piracy051305.html

Google Search:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Default Re: Piracy Issues Gives 'Galactica' Center Stage

I have to give kudos to apple for getting on board the legal video dl scene and offering TV shows for such a great price. But are the BSG dls from apple the same quality as the dls one can get illegally online? I was under the impression that the apple dls look great on that little ipod screen but get much worse when you play them on a full monitor.

Exclamation Re: Piracy Issues Gives 'Galactica' Center Stage

I think they are only for the iPods. I would buy an episode to actually tell ya, but i'd rather buy the season dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOnFire
    I have to give kudos to apple for getting on board the legal video dl scene and offering TV shows for such a great price. But are the BSG dls from apple the same quality as the dls one can get illegally online? I was under the impression that the apple dls look great on that little ipod screen but get much worse when you play them on a full monitor.
    I believe they are about half as good quality as a 'normal' illegal episode. Still very watchable if you play it back through a non-HD TV (due to the poorer resolution) but you'd definitely notice the quality loss on a normal computer monitor or a HDTV.

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I think they are only for the iPods. I would buy an episode to actually tell ya, but i'd rather buy the season dvd.
    Nah, all you need is the iTunes/Quicktime bundle to watch it on your computer - don't need an iPod at all. But like I said before, you'll probably want to hook it up to a regular TV.

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

Default Re: BSG Uniforms, Props, Uniforms, Etc

Were these sidearms specifically designed for BSG? My brother pointed out to me that in X2 some of Stryker's soldiers carried something similiar.

Wink Re: BSG Uniforms, Props, Uniforms, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    Were these sidearms specifically designed for BSG? My brother pointed out to me that in X2 some of Stryker's soldiers carried something similiar.
    Believe the pistol, as seen in the mini-series and mostly used by Helo and Boomer on Caprica, was the only firearm that was "Galactized". The rest (handguns and rifles) are pretty much off-the-shelf, but relatively obscure firearms.

Starbuck in "Resistence" used a pair of Skorpion vz 61 or Tec-22. Ruger MP9 was used on Caprica by many resistence fighters.

Posted this before but one can visit "Hell in a Handbasket" and see what guns they have ID'ed so far:
    http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/archives/002014.html
    http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/archives/002261.html
    http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/archives/002276.html
    http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/archives/002298.html

Somebody even spotted a classic Luger in Adama's quarters/display case. Personally, it doesn't bother me that the guns they are using haven't been modified or "Galactized". I rather have them spend their budget where it counts than to try to make props look exotic or futuristic.

Wink AFI AWARDS 2005 Official Selections Announced

From PR Newswire:

AFI AWARDS 2005 Official Selections Announced

Sixth Annual AFI Almanac Names 10 Most Outstanding Motion Pictures and TV Programs of the Year

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Film Institute (AFI) today announced the official selections of AFI AWARDS 2005, AFI's almanac which records the year's most outstanding achievements in film and television, as well as significant moments in the world of the moving image.

AFI AWARDS is the only form of national recognition that honors the film and television creative ensemble as a whole-those people in front of and behind the camera-acknowledging the collaborative nature of film and television.

Unlike any other film or television award currently given, the AFI AWARDS 2005 selections were made through AFI's unique 13-person jury process in which scholars, artists, critics and AFI trustees discuss, debate and determine the most outstanding achievements of the year, as well as provide a detailed rationale for each selection. Two AFI juries-one for motion pictures and one for television-convened in Los Angeles for two days of deliberation. The jurors have remained confidential until today. (Complete list is below.)

AFI will honor the creative ensembles for each of the honorees at a luncheon on Friday, January 13, 2006, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles, California. The jury rationales for each selection will be revealed at this event.

"AFI is proud to honor these 20 collaborative teams. As the institute recognizes and celebrates excellence across the century, these honorees will be part of the record that documents America's enduring cultural legacy," commented Jean Picker Firstenberg, AFI's Director and CEO.

The honorees are listed below in alphabetical order:

AFI MOVIES OF THE YEAR -- OFFICIAL SELECTIONS

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
    CAPOTE
    CRASH
    THE 40 YEAR-OLD VIRGIN
    GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK.
    A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE
    KING KONG
    MUNICH
    THE SQUID AND THE WHALE
    SYRIANA

AFI TV PROGRAMS OF THE YEAR -- OFFICIAL SELECTIONS

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
    DEADWOOD
    GREY'S ANATOMY
    HOUSE
    LOST
    RESCUE ME
    SLEEPER CELL
    SOMETIMES IN APRIL
    VERONICA MARS

Also the episodes arent available on the Australia iTunes store.

Wink Vancouver: A sci-fi film fan's paradise

From Seattle PI:

Vancouver: A sci-fi film fan's paradise

British Columbia is a 'super, natural' set

By CANDACE HECKMAN AND ATHIMA CHANSANCHAI
    SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTERS
    Monday, December 12, 2005

Click on the link to read the entire article

SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY (Caprica City) -- One day, this place gets bombarded by megalomaniacal aliens. Nuked by the Cylons the next.

Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully discuss the latest alien abductions, while the Governator drives up and down campus staircases, crashing in the mall.

Such terror, however, does little to faze the students at this academic sanctuary nestled in the forest atop Burnaby Mountain.

So many productions are being filmed around Vancouver all year long that we, the P-I-parazzi, need only pay attention to the signs: white trailer trucks parked along streets, lots of similar old cars or futuristic new ones parked in one place. There are obvious signs of American conquest, such as the Stars and Stripes hanging from buildings.

Production companies also post cryptic signs with neon orange or pink arrows pointing their cast and crew to a location. Lately, because fans have wised up to this system, some arrows merely point to a pickup place from which vans take workers to the shoot.

Driving away from our hotel, we noticed an orange arrow marked "Quixote."

We jumped to follow it around a corner. Then, we spotted another, this one marked "DMA."

Candace studied the production list, but couldn't figure out what the signs were about. After driving in downtown circles, we saw no more arrows and abandoned our short-lived and futile quest.

It was time to live one of our sci-fi fantasies -- to visit Caprica City, the devastated colonial capital in the new "Battlestar Galactica." Walking into the Convocation Mall at Simon Fraser University gave us an otherworldy sense of déjà vu.

Sandau ho-hums about film productions on campus, not being a sci-fi or comic book fan, although she and her boyfriend watched in 2001 when the crew of "Stargate SG-1" filmed the episode "Pretense," about the destruction of an advanced race of humans called the Tollan. Sandau's friendship with Christopher Sayour, the stunt double for Tom Welling (Clark Kent), forces her to watch "Smallville."

LOCATIONS, LOCATIONS, LOCATIONS

Gastown -- "I, Robot," "Legends of the Fall," "Look Who's Talking," "Rumble in the Bronx," "Intersection"

Yaletown -- stands in a lot for New York City

Plaza of Nations, 750 Pacific Blvd. S. -- science museum in "X2: X-Men United"; 2010 Stargate port in "Stargate SG-1"

Vancouver Public Library, 350 W. Georgia St. -- the cloning company building in "The Sixth Day"; a Caprica City building in "Battlestar Galactica"

Robson Square, 800 Robson St. -- often stands for Washington, D.C., in "Stargate SG-1," "The X-Files" and "The Commish"

Vancouver Art Gallery, 750 Hornby St. -- "The Accused"

Stanley Park -- "Happy Gilmore," "Jumanji"

Hatley Castle at Royal Roads University, 2005 Sooke Road, Victoria -- the Luthor Mansion in "Smallville"; Professor Xavier's School in "X2: X-Men United"

Cloverdale -- a small town 20 miles southeast of downtown Vancouver that stands in as Smallville in the show of the same name. The Talon coffee shop in the television show is actually the Clova Cinema

Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby -- Planet Tollana in "Stargate SG-1"; the Caprica City market and museum in "Battlestar Galactica"; FBI headquarters in "The X-Files"

Vancouver Film Studios, 3500 Cornett Road -- where "Battlestar Galactica" and other major films are shot. It's not open to the public, but you can sometimes see activity around the lot, plus the Roots factory outlet is next door on the corner of Boundary Road and Grandview Highway

The Bridge Studios, 2400 Boundary Road -- across Boundary Road from Vancouver Film Studios, it's where "Stargate SG-1," "Stargate Atlantis" and "Dead Like Me" are filmed along with other productions. Not open to the public

Lions Gate Studios, 555 Brooksbank Ave. -- where "Catwoman," "Elektra" and "Scary Movie 3" were filmed. It's a large studio with constant production, but it's not open to the public

Chief Master Sergeant userfriendly's Avatar

neither in the european store

but anyway, i ordered my miniseries & season 1 dvds yesterday, the season 2 dvd(s) will follow.

regarding the topic: the people who sell these dvds (i ordered the uk version) have gotten my money only because i was able to see the episodes. hadn't it been for p2p filesharing, i wouldn't have seen them until they were aired in german free tv (which hasn't happened, and even then it would have had ugly german synchronization).

the above mentioned article (the pdf) states an interesting aspect regarding new distribution models. it is a good read.

Default Re: Season 2.0 DVD availability

they just started to air the mini in my country so season 2 will take some time humpf.... so i just ordered my set at www.playusa.com . it includes shipping