Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant userfriendly's Avatar

Default Re: iTunes offers BSG

too bad guess, you have to buy a new one.

anyway, it's christmas soon - what ipod would you suggest to buy? (if only for bsg lol)

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly
    too bad guess, you have to buy a new one.

anyway, it's christmas soon - what ipod would you suggest to buy? (if only for bsg lol)
    go for the largest capacity iPod video they make... your choice of black or white

Wink Katie Leung & Grace Park Nominated for Outstanding Newcomer Award

From Hpana:

Katie Leung & Grace Park Nominated for Outstanding Newcomer Award

Posted by GERI
    Source: News Tip

Cable television channel for Asian America, AZN Television, today announced their list of nominees for 'Outstanding Newcomer Award' and Harry Potter actress Katie Leung and Battlestar Galactica actress Grace Park has been nominated.

Also on the list: Actors Keiko Agena (Gilmore Girls), Lynn Chen (Saving Face), Henry Cho (Comedy Central), Roger Fan (Annapolis), Mindy Kaling (Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm), Sung Kang (The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift), Ravi Kapoor (Crossing Jordan), Liza Lapira (Huff), Rex Lee (Entourage), Katie Leung (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), Marie Matiko (Art of War, The Civilization of Maxwell Bright), Max Minghella (Bee Season, Syriana), Diane Mizota (Memoirs of a Geisha, Three Wishes), Parminder Nagra (ER), Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica, Romeo Must Die), Dat Phan (Last Comic Standing), Navi Rawat (Numb3rs) and Brenda Song (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody), singer/songwriter Kevin So, and hip hop band At Last.

Can vote HERE

thanks. but... largest capacity? excuse me, i am not that much into that DRM stuff, but... can't i use another hard disk for backup and such? is there a connector for a larger screen?

ah, i just found an description... i think i need a mac mini, too looks sweet

Second Lieutenant

ah, i just found an description... i think i need a mac mini, too looks sweet
    Just go for the 20" iMac. with Front Row included and the DVDs of BSG Season 2.0 arriving on the 20th of December (thank you mysterious $25.00 amazon coupon) you're way ahead of anybody with a video ipod.

Who am I kidding, I've got a 12" Powerbook and 4G 40GiB iPod, but hey, Season 2 will be here in two weeks. And then ep211!!!

Oh, and one more thing...

Death to DRM!!! Never bought from iTunes, never plan to... Rip your CDs... Beware of Sony's evil rootkits!

Does anyone know the video quality of the files when played on the computer? Because I don't have a video iPod but if the quality is good I still might purchase the episodes for watching on comp.

PS - To mods: It is ok to discuss this, right? Since it's legal episode purchasing and downloading?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by walterIsTheMan
    Does anyone know the video quality of the files when played on the computer? Because I don't have a video iPod but if the quality is good I still might purchase the episodes for watching on comp.

PS - To mods: It is ok to discuss this, right? Since it's legal episode purchasing and downloading?
    Apple wouldn't be doing this if it weren't totally legal.

I've read over at www.TUAW.com (The Unofficial Apple Weblog) that the quality is fine when you've got your iPod hooked up to your non-HD TV, and the playback is excellent on the iPod itself, but you won't be too impressed if you watch it on your computer or an HDTV.

oh. well, i want to buy season 2 dvd, too. but i thought it would be nice if i could watch every new episode one day after airing, too, and not wait for the next dvd... (as i am in germany and have no "scifi channel" or "sky one")

inquiry: i don't need an ipod for this? (even if the quality would be lower, that doesn't matter that much as i buy the dvds anyway)

Second Lieutenant

inquiry: i don't need an ipod for this? (even if the quality would be lower, that doesn't matter that much as i buy the dvds anyway)
    No, all you need is the iTunes6/Quicktime7 bundle, and, I think it would be preferable to have, an S-video cable so you can hook your computer up to your TV (or you could just watch on your computer, for two bucks, you may as well try it out on one episode).

i have no tv, just a big screen on my workstation

thank you, i'll look for that software bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawat
    Apple has made deals with NBC, USA and Sci-fi networks to allow select shows be available for purchase and download. For Sci-fi, this means Battlestar Galactica. The mini-series, season 1 and season 2.0 are available on the iTMS for $1.99 a piece.

http://playlistmag.com/news/2005/12/...php?lsrc=mwrss
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000430071201/
    That's fantastic ... for people with access to the US version of iTunes. For the rest of us, it's p*ss poor as usual.

Wink Jan 02 - The "Lowdown" or "BSG Special"

The "Lowdown" or "BSG Special" scheduled times:

Jan 2 at 10pm-10:30pm EST/PST and repeated Jan 3 at 12:30am-1am EST/PST. Central times are 9pm-9:30pm and repeated at 11:30pm-12am

Default Re: Katie Leung & Grace Park Nominated for Outstanding Newcomer Award

ohh thanks for the link
    *voted for Grace*

oh... and i already thought i am just too dumb to find it in the store -.-

thx for the info socks... and... why can't i install the u.s. version...? mhmm... i wonder...

It's copyright thing, I gather. I barely want anything from iTunes Oz. That's a download I've wasted.

Default Re: Jan 02 - The "Lowdown" or "BSG Special"

Is that a BSG only one? Or is it for SG1 and Atlantis as well like last time?

Probie

Let me clear up some of the confusion.

1. Downloading shows on iTunes is perfectly legal. Yes there is DRM: you can back-up the movie, keep it forever, and move it to your iPod (5th generation, or video iPods, are the only ones that can play it.)

2. You can watch the video on your computer. Windows or Mac. All you need is iTunes and Quicktime. (Quicktime now comes bundled with iTunes)

3. Video specs: 320x240 resolution, 190MB, 608kbits/sec data rate, 44.1kHz audio rate. What this means is, if you can connect your iPod (or computer) to a TV, you're looking at a slight quality loss, but very watchable.

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Jan 02 - The "Lowdown" or "BSG Special"

Can someone enlighten me? I've seen several references to the "Lowdown". What the frak is it??
    Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Quote Originally Posted by Shep'sSocks
    It's copyright thing, I gather. I barely want anything from iTunes Oz. That's a download I've wasted.
    maybe they first have a look on how good it sells, then expand the offer to other shops than the american one. i really hope bsg gets into the european itunes store

the overall costs (2 euro or dollar * 20 episodes) do correspond to the costs of a dvd, but at least i get the stuff i am addicted to before the dvd is available...
    Last edited by userfriendly; December 7th, 2005 at 09:06 AM.