What will save Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will save Star Trek

I think Trek can't be expected to match the 20million+ ratings that TNG got because today is a different world. TV audience are fracturing. Cable is producing more and more original programming that stands up or surpasses the networks. The only way for Star Trek to continue is to be pure Syndication. None of this network exclusivity crap. The ratings dipped drastically because nobody tuned into UPN in the first place. I think Paramount needs to be realistic and make Star Trek for pure syndication. Let the individual affiliates and cable channels purchase it for they're lineups and let them decide when their markets would want to watch it.

nothing could have saved it, the only fact that ENT did a season 4 was because of the fans who screamed blue murder just to get another season outta them which was totaly horid and best forgotten season 3 was the best ENt had to offer
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

first off, they need to air it on a channel that people watch.
      secondly, they need to PROMOTE it.
      ENT was a good show. It was straight up Trek. But for some reason people didn't like it as much (those that watched it). I don't know why though.

what will REALLY save Trek, is people need to learn to be less critical.
      Everyone's a friggin perfectionist, or will ***** about writing or acting or a lame story blah blah blah blah. SHUTUP. Watch the show, cause if you don't Trek will disappear - ...oh wait. IT DID. Way to go people.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
        nothing could have saved it, the only fact that ENT did a season 4 was because of the fans who screamed blue murder just to get another season outta them which was totaly horid and best forgotten season 3 was the best ENt had to offer
        That's utter bollox. Star Trek Enterprise was the #2 show on the UPN and I'm getting rather annoyed at people who complain about it and say how "horrid" it was - Season 3 was one of the BEST seasons of Star Trek ever produced. An awesome plotline, a storyline that went on for an entire season, a ship trapped in an unstable area of space (which you discover more about as the season progresses).

If Enterprise was rated #10 or something, I could believe it sucked - but at #2 no one has the right to say that "nothing could have saved it" - it's already been proven that the UPN bigwigs who liked Star Trek had moved on, and those that didn't care about Sci Fi or Star Trek that much were left... and they wanted to promote other less expensive shows.

Comment

I stoped getting UPN, and couldn't watch season four, but I did enjoy enterprise
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

How about the Sci-Fi channel buying the rights from Paramount to produce a new series. Maybe not right now, but in the next few years.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
              How about the Sci-Fi channel buying the rights from Paramount to produce a new series. Maybe not right now, but in the next few years.
              Yeah that would be intersting if they do it.
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

That probably won't happen because Paramount charges $$$$$ for Trek, Scifi only got TOS but couldn't afford the TNG/DS9/VOY costs which TNN/Spike paid up for...
                sigpic

Comment

So then how about spike maybe doing it???
                  sigpic

Comment

Not scifi...
                    Maybe Universal, but they got Galatica

Comment

Yeah Universal might also do it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                        That's utter bollox. Star Trek Enterprise was the #2 show on the UPN and I'm getting rather annoyed at people who complain about it and say how "horrid" it was - Season 3 was one of the BEST seasons of Star Trek ever produced. An awesome plotline, a storyline that went on for an entire season, a ship trapped in an unstable area of space (which you discover more about as the season progresses).

If Enterprise was rated #10 or something, I could believe it sucked - but at #2 no one has the right to say that "nothing could have saved it" - it's already been proven that the UPN bigwigs who liked Star Trek had moved on, and those that didn't care about Sci Fi or Star Trek that much were left... and they wanted to promote other less expensive shows.

uh excuse me "i have the right to say anything i want" so long as its not offensive to anybody, so don't get on your high horse about me saying season 4 was crap just because you liked it and anybody who says anything to the contary YOU will shut them up.....uh i don't think so!!

the only flaw with the post i was well within my rights to say was it was worder incorrectly i that you have read it as i hate ENT, but i liked it, i liked season 2 and 3 but four was crap, and it was crap because it was rushed, re-treaded stories and the characters were not written well at all, the rest of ENT was fine.

i just had to view my point and have my say.......is that ok???
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Star Trek does not need saving, if Paramount does'nt want to produce a new TV series or any new movies some other production company or TV network (you reading this Sci-Fi channel ) somebody else will step up and buy the rights or work with Paramount to produce something new.

Give it a few years, the hunger for a new Star Trek series or movie will rise to the top and something will be done, there is just way to many ST fans and money to be made out there for the franchise to just go away.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Convince RDA to captain a new Enterprise........

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                              Convince RDA to captain a new Enterprise........
                              That would be cool

Crew Man: Sir what do we do
                              Captian O'neal: Why are you asking me, Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X