No announcement yet.

Prometheus (611)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewatching my discs to prep for D*C. Forgot how cool angry Jack was in this ep. And then the scene where Simmons/Goa'uld is booted from the ship. The great little moment where Jack fixes Teal'c's jacket after he retrieves him from nearly following out the door.

Must say it is those little moments that i so miss.

teehee!!
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Two words: Yes & Yes

This ep had it all. Poor security (my only complaint). Angry Jack, the coolest spaceship ever, an evil tv-producer, rogue NID, Simmons, the Goa'uld, Asgard (and Thor) and even replicators. WOW.
      Jonas was thinking fast, Sam was also SO cool, she got away and managed to sabotage the plan. Jack and Teal'c just in time as usual
      This is surely one of the greatest episodes ever. Can't wait for the conclusion. So I'll stop my "review" here. Have to watch it now...

Last edited by Cluas; 28 January 2013, 02:29 PM. Reason: to add

Comment

Major Davis is going to misplace their new ship in space. Good thing they bring it back in one piece in the end.

So, that's how Adrian Conrad meets his sticky end. And I'd totally forgot about Simmons getting airlocked, which is funny because when he and Teal'c are battling it out, I yelled "Airlock!"...

"We can't name it the Enterprise, Sir."

Me and O'Neill: "Why not?"

That's so lame.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Addendum

Spotted a fun continuity thing: in one shot there's a greasy finger on Carter's visor when she's cutting through the door, next shot we return she's still cutting but the greasy print is gone.

Comment

See they even clean up greasy fingerprints!
            Good ep, Carter very clever and O'Neill all military. Exciting, bad things coming - can all the bad ones be eliminated in time?
            Who is to blame for letting them all in - armed and all.
            Jonas Quinn very cute again.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
              Two words: Yes & Yes

This ep had it all. Poor security (my only complaint). Angry Jack, the coolest spaceship ever, an evil tv-producer, rogue NID, Simmons, the Goa'uld, Asgard (and Thor) and even replicators. WOW.
              Jonas was thinking fast, Sam was also SO cool, she got away and managed to sabotage the plan. Jack and Teal'c just in time as usual
              This says it all for me.
              Last edited by BethHG; 19 August 2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

My first look at Prometheus, and it's a handsome episode visually, and I liked Sam and Jonas working on their own. As for the story, weak security, etc...well, it's TV. I'm sure ANY crew would have been searched, but TV is like opera...you don't go to it for the plots.
                O'Neills's rant is pretty good, but Sam figuring out a plan, welding her way out is pretty good. She needs to be a general, but I should wait for later seasons.
                Hated to see Simmons go, he was a nice villain. He always looks like Charles Schumer, one of my least favorite politicians. Much like NID...I'm sure if they're still around, they're working on a way to get rid of Trump.
                I also thought Prometheus set looked good, had the feel of a yet-to-be-completed ship.

Comment

The Prometheus set did look great!

Comment

Not gonna lie, this episode sucks.

The story is of poor quality and Colonel Simmons meeting that ending feels like an afterthought. In fact, I think it really was an afterthought.

Anyhow, not much to comment on this episode other than that I was bored throughout.
                    No redeeming qualities other than perhaps seeing Major Davis again. I like that character.

How would you rate SG-1's "Prometheus?"

Excellent
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible

********* EDIT *************

3-episode quiz: Cure, Prometheus & Unnatural Selection

Jigsaw puzzle: Prometheus
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 September 2018, 02:09 PM. Reason: Adding quiz + jigsaw

Comment

11:06

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

10:37

Comment

The good times are over it seems. I sense this is where me and FH will diverge. I for one like this episode. Unlike most people, I actually like NID episodes. I do question how the camera crew was able to sneak on the Prometheus and those guards on. That said I like the Die Hard feel of Sam sneaking around is hilarious and I kind of liked the reporter even if she was trying to expose the SGC. Plus I liked seeing Simmons final meeting his end. I call this a good with 6 minute 41 seconds
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

How bizarre--I agree with Jelgate more than Falcon Horus. That said, I think the Prometheus is ugly and totally un-aerodynamic. I have a hard time believing engineers born on earth would design a spaceship that handles in the atmosphere without making it aerodynamic (ask me what I think of the F-302 if you want a real rant).

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

If you want to open that can of worms, none of the Stargate spaceships are aerodynamic
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X