No announcement yet.

Prometheus (611)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I've seen this ep, just don't remember much of it.

What was good (and has remained in the leakey seive that is my mind):
    a. That shot where the Prometheus is rising out of the hanger. I just like it for some inexplicable reason (y'know, like that scene in The Matrix after Trinity's shot the agent and he's falling back while the gun recoils...sort of the same thing. Not quite. Whatever).
    b. For some reason, I always remember this:
    Teal'c: "Does the ship not possess a docking bay capable of receiving the X-302?"
    Davis: "We don't have any ready to fly."
    Jack: "We've got the death glider from Anubis."
    [Teal'c and Jack bolt. Davis hollers after them]
    Davis : "The radar system on the X-303 is still incomplete. Fly into through the lower bay. They'll never see you coming!"

Just the way he shouts after them...I dunno.
    c. When Sam cuts through the wall. Why does this make me happy? I don't think it's because of the torch (my therapist says we've got the pyromania under control). Maybe there's something shiney in it. I'll have to check.

So. That's it. A few random snippities that I remember and like.

My, that was a pointless post, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
      did anyone else notice how wierd the scene when Col.Simmons was pushed out was?
      it had a semi-no-gravity/slowmotion/badcamera work feel to it,there was an *odd*look shared by o'neill and teal'c, and simmons looked like he was trying way too hard.

great ep though-the X-303 was AWESOME!
      This was a great episode. I love the scene between Jack and Teal'c eating the ice cream... One thing I did not like was when Jack kicked Simmons out of the air lock... Jack would of been frozen / decompressed.
      z

Comment

As an episode goes, I like Prometheus, it has action and teamwork and ice-cream scene (which is so rare... )
        What I don't like is the design of Prometheus itself.. at a glance it kinda look like the face of a Labrador dog/puppy (big head, small feet) and it kinda out-of balance.
        With F301/302 design so aerodynamic, this one so different. I know this is a Goaul'd design, but Alkesh/Mother-ship do not look like that at all... no wonder the Snakeboy jeers at it.
        sigpic
        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Overall, it was a good episode, I really loved the small beats in it. Loved the reporters reaction when she found out Jonas was an alien too, that was great.

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
            As an episode goes, I like Prometheus, it has action and teamwork and ice-cream scene (which is so rare... )
            What I don't like is the design of Prometheus itself.. at a glance it kinda look like the face of a Labrador dog/puppy (big head, small feet) and it kinda out-of balance.
            With F301/302 design so aerodynamic, this one so different. I know this is a Goaul'd design, but Alkesh/Mother-ship do not look like that at all... no wonder the Snakeboy jeers at it.
            [heeheehee!]

Comment

The guys looked great in black. I loved how Jonas tried to stop them from taking off by hiding the crystal. I liked how Jack and Teal'c were working from th outside and Sam and Jonas were working from inside the ship to stop the bad guys. I loved Thor showing up at the end when they didn't know where they were in space. I find it kind of interesting that someone from the press now knows the truth about what's going on out in space.

Comment

At last a ship built by us humans!! maybe tiny comapred to an Asgard but we are still learning!

Comment

Pretty good episode but why couldnt they name it enterprise???? ......and TPTB you have to slow down a little because by the end of S9, earth will have three ships.....its not realistic one seemingly takes years to build

Comment

The Prometheus was Earth's first ship. It would naturally take longer to build it than to build later ships. At the current point in Stargate history (mid season 9), we have blueprints for the basic ship. Now all we need is money and possible small improvements.
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Funny, I thought the ice cream scene was in the next episode, Unnatural Selection. Am I wrong?
                      "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Good episode although a little bit weak. The whole spaceship hijacking schame was interesting but those fake camera crew went in quite easily to X-303 and took control of it. For such a highly classified project , security should've been best. Loved how our team managed to get back the ship through. Carter sabotaging machines , Teal' and O'Neill boarding with F-302 fighter. The Goa'uld infested Simmons was creepy. Good they have spaced him !

Comment

Well they did do a full background scan on all of them one was even in the military I believe. What other precautions would you have had them take?
                          sigpic

Comment

There should have been a full security detachment inside/outside ship and with camera crew. They should have been observed constantly by cameras. There should have been a lockdown procedure. Besides it seemed NID agents were seemed bluffing. If they blew the engines they would have died also.

Comment

Well they had guards on them but who would have thought they would be carrying zats. However I agree they should have had More security personnel.

They would have blown them if there was only one other choice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                                Well they had guards on them but who would have thought they would be carrying zats. However I agree they should have had More security personnel.

They would have blown them if there was only one other choice.
                                They have brought zats in ! They haven't even been searched properly.
                                My living room has better security !

Comment

Working...
                                X