Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    hehe. You're right.

IIRC there is more metal in the slide and mechanical parts of the Glock 17 than in some all metal handguns. But it wouldn't surprise me if they had heard that old line.
    It's been common parlance since Die Hard II - where they describe it as a porcelain gun.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I read over at TVTome that O'Neill had a scene with Hammond wherein Jack wanted to name the X-303 "Enterprise". Would anyone know what scene comes before or after this? The copy I have (SciFi) appears not to have it.
      Last edited by Filipino; 06 January 2005, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Filipino
        I read over at TVTome that O'Neill had a scene with Hammond wherein Jack wanted to name the X-303 "Enterprise". Would anyone know what scene comes before or after this? The copy I have (SciFi) appears not to have it.
        It's actually O'Neill and Carter in "Unnatural Selection."
        Rocky

Comment

I read over at TVTome that O'Neill had a scene with Hammond wherein Jack wanted to name the X-303 "Enterprise". Would anyone know what scene comes before or after this?
          The scene before the one you are talking about is where Jack was talking to Hammond via hologram.

The scene afterwards is the one where the boys were eating the frozen stuff and Jack wanted Teal'c's ice cream.

Comment

greytop: those scenes you mentioned are missing. Would the "Enterprise" scene be in "Unnatural Selection"?

Update: it is in "Unnatural Selection"
            Last edited by Filipino; 06 January 2005, 08:47 PM.

Comment

greytop: those scenes you mentioned are missing. Would the "Enterprise" scene be in "Unatural Selection"?
              Yes, they are, my apologies. My mind it tired.
              I don't remember that Enterprise was mention in Pometheus, except when the director's commentary is on.

Comment

no problem i'd be confused myself as it was a 2 parter.

Comment

did anyone else notice how wierd the scene when Col.Simmons was pushed out was?
                  it had a semi-no-gravity/slowmotion/badcamera work feel to it,there was an *odd*look shared by o'neill and teal'c, and simmons looked like he was trying way too hard.

great ep though-the X-303 was AWESOME!
                  MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                  I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

This was good if you can get over the illogic of a news team being allowed on and the US giving into terrorists.

Good cliffhanger though.
                    Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

-Where was Carter when she was confronted by the reporter? She was in some parking lot somewhere.

-I find it hard to believe that the NID were going to follows the Goa'uld's instructions and go to the coordinates that he gave them. Soooo friggin' stupid.

-RDA did an awesome job of doing the 'I'm a pissed of colonel and someone is about to be dismembered'!
                      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

so so episode, loved the X-303!

Comment

i kinda liked this ep. it was an interesting (for lack of a better word) way to introduce the Promethias. but weak in other aspects. but i still love it coz it's stargate
                          Save us from danger, save us from evil
                          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I thought Simmons made a better Goa'uld than the other guy. Otherwise, an okay episode.

Comment

Simmons was better than Maybroune.

Still enjoyed the ep. Major D was a bouns

Comment

Loved this episode. Great introduction to the Prometheus.

Comment

Working...
                                X