No announcement yet.

Prometheus (611)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree well my living room doesn't but I get your point.
    sigpic

Comment

our first time we got to see prommie this was a good episode loved jacks reactio nwhen he got on site
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yes, me too, that ep was just shown on Sky One again yesterday and I was just coming to the thread to mention it. Jack's reaction is great in a kind of "I told you so" way and he really sells the part of Davis' superior coming down on him hard, yet still, it's really funny.

Comment

I was just watching this older episode and I noticed something that bugs me, maybe one of you can help me with this...
          on the prometheus sam kicked that guys ass and then two other men came around the corner pointing guns at her. then one of them started approaching her. that scene took a rather long time I think. He kept coming closer but he had a zat in his hand why not use it right where he stood then?
          I think he didn't want to shoot her, I think he wanted to do something else if you catch my drift. is it just me or do other people noticed that too? so what would've happened if jack and teal'c didn't show up...
          : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
          Geeky : Oh brother...
          : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
            I was just watching this older episode and I noticed something that bugs me, maybe one of you can help me with this...
            on the prometheus sam kicked that guys ass and then two other men came around the corner pointing guns at her. then one of them started approaching her. that scene took a rather long time I think. He kept coming closer but he had a zat in his hand why not use it right where he stood then?
            I think he didn't want to shoot her, I think he wanted to do something else if you catch my drift. is it just me or do other people noticed that too? so what would've happened if jack and teal'c didn't show up...

huh i'll have a lok later ......if i have season 6
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

yes please do, I would really like to know what you guys think
              : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
              Geeky : Oh brother...
              : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

I really don't like this episode. They give a tour of the Prometheus to a reporter? As someone else said above, I can't believe they wouldn't look inside the cameras! I went to hear a President speak once and they opened up my little regular camera....no way would they not look into a big video-camera. The fight scene was really awkward and I'm not buying that Jack can just grab Teal'c by the shirt and keep him from going out the airlock. I find the NID to be incredibly boring.

What I really don't understand is how they can call this a two-parter! This episode and Unnatural Selection have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I suppose there was a mid-season break or something and they needed some sort of suspense to hold people over.

The one bright light on the horizon is that "Prometheus" is followed up by what I think is one of the best episodes in the whole series....

Bring on "Unnatural Selection"!!!! (AND HURRY!!!!)

Comment

I quite liked this episode. It was a bit strange that the TV crew were allowed onto the ship without better security around, but Prometheus looked pretty cool. I liked O'Neill's fury at finding out what happened, even though it kinda made me laugh

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                  I did notice that! I also thought that he "wanted to do something else" because he gave Sam a weird look before he started approaching her. Good thing Jack and Teal'c showed up when they did.
                  "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                  S/J all the way!
                  Big Honkin' Resolution!
                  sigpic
                  John/Teyla Shipper!
                  SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

They should have just brought Simmons and Adrian Conrad (the Goa'uld) down to where the hijackers could see them, perhaps on a security cam, and just put a put a bullet in both their heads. No more Simmons, no more Conrad, no more money, no hyperspace coordinates, parties over. Tell the hijackers if they hurt any of the crew, then they won't be leaving alive, guaranteed.

Maybe have the President bring in the head of NID and tell him, "You have about two hours to get those people out, hostages unharmed, ship unharmed, or we're dismantling the NID"

They've had way too many 'rogue' NID elements to the point where you could easily make the case the the NID, in the balance of things, is ultimately an enemy of the US (and the Earth)
                    Last edited by cavalierlwt; 04 September 2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

True.. though i wonder if they would have still blown the ship.

Comment

This is an ok episode but Unatural selection is TONS better the ice cream scenes is one of my favorite out of the whole season.

As to how they built the ship so fast. Carter mentioned when they first got onto the ship that they had been working on it since the discovery of a crashed ship in Alaska. Im prettys sure this wasn't true, it may have been a way to avoid telling about the stargate. I do believe, however, that the Asguard may have helped with some hints here and there because she mentions the "little gray men" which I believe is the only true part of her statement.

I dont think they would have been so "thorough" with the camera crew because there were some guards, Super Carter and Jonas were there and, lets face it, they had no idea that these people knew anything about the ship or about zats. And it wasnt as if the president or anyone equally important was there, and at the very least it never would have crossed anyones mind that these people coule FLY the ship once they took over.

Come to think of it. How did they get down to the ship? Only Carter, Jonas, and the two media people went down in the elevator and there was no one else on the surface with carter and Jonas. So who brought the camera people down, and so they were in the control room BEFORE Carter and entourage got there?

p.s. Lady with heavy makeup and black jacket is SCARY! *shivers* And the look that guy gives her isn't a lustful one IMO but he had proven Kinda evilish, or at least doesn't mind to kill and I get the distinct impression he likes to play with his food before he eats it. A couple seconds more would have gone something like this

Evil man struts up zat held ready: "So, you thought you could stop us little girly." And proceeds with a list of reasons why they are smarter then carter. belittle her make a few routine comments about her pending demise etc... Bad Guy 101
                        Last edited by Chezlee; 20 January 2008, 08:12 PM.
                        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

The Ep had a few holes but i genealy liked it Unatural Selection was better thow
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Colonel Simmons is DEAD!!!

Jack has his revenge, and now we don't have to deal with Adrian Conrad. It wasn't like he was ever going to give us anything of value and he was far to dangerous to keep alive. It was interesting to find out that the asgard are constantly monitoring out solar system. Not to mention how cool it was to see how large the Asgard ships are compared to the X-303. I wonder how many Asgard are on that one vessel.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                              Colonel Simmons is DEAD!!!

Jack has his revenge, and now we don't have to deal with Adrian Conrad. It wasn't like he was ever going to give us anything of value and he was far to dangerous to keep alive. It was interesting to find out that the asgard are constantly monitoring out solar system. Not to mention how cool it was to see how large the Asgard ships are compared to the X-303. I wonder how many Asgard are on that one vessel.
                              it always seems that there is one asgard to each ship in every episode, but yeah i am soo so glad he is dead that w****r!

Comment

the introduction of earths first major ship was a great move by the writers. it showed the importance of the stargate program.
                                Some say that he has only one ear.
                                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                                All we know is he's called
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X