Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Major

Default Re: Prometheus (611)

I agree completely.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

That's it, the end of the world is near...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

6:37
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Chief Master Sergeant

Ok episode but I am looking forward more to the next one. Finally Simmons and that Goa'uld (I forgot the name) are dead. What didn't catch me so much was fight with Simmons. Teal'c was somehow so weak and then that Airlock thing- cheesy and predictable. Plus I am not sure if Jack would be so strong to hold himself and plus Teal'c when the door to Space is open.
    Great cliffhanger.

Simmons airlocked... like thrown out the window... of a sorts.

Staff Sergeant

I am the only one who finds snaking of Simmons completely pointless? He was the enemy of SG-1 without any snake in his head, it did not add anything to his attack to Jack and Teal'c, so what is the point of the Goaul'd surviving a minute longer? To show how hard is kill these snakes? I can not think a different reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Manche View Post
    I am the only one who finds snaking of Simmons completely pointless? He was the enemy of SG-1 without any snake in his head, it did not add anything to his attack to Jack and Teal'c, so what is the point of the Goaul'd surviving a minute longer? To show how hard is kill these snakes? I can not think a different reason.
    Probably... or to give Jack and Teal'c their hero-moment perhaps.

Staff Sergeant

There is one more thing which I never realized but it is quite strange and illogical. Kidnappers threaten that they will let explode the generator of hyperdrive which would be strong enough for destroying whole Nevada. It is a serious threat, but I am supposed to believe that all of them would be willing to die in this explosion if the conditions were not fullfilled? Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Manche View Post
    There is one more thing which I never realized but it is quite strange and illogical. Kidnappers threaten that they will let explode the generator of hyperdrive which would be strong enough for destroying whole Nevada. It is a serious threat, but I am supposed to believe that all of them would be willing to die in this explosion if the conditions were not fullfilled? Or did I miss something?
    They seemed fairly convinced that their demands were going to be met. Twice Jonas confronted one of them and both times they indicated a belief that there was nothing to worry about because their plan would succeed:

JONAS
    With enough force to turn the entire state of Nevada into a smoking crater, yes.

SMITH
    That's right, but I wouldn't worry about it. As long as our demands are met, it won't come to that.

JONAS
    Hey, you know there's only two ways off of this ship, don't you? Handcuffs or a body bag.

SANDERSON
    Who says we want to get off?

I don't think they had any expectation that their demands wouldn't be met. The government had no way of knowing whether they were crazy enough (or Goa'uld controlled in some way) to actually follow through with their threat, and what they were threatening was sufficiently big enough that calling their bluff wasn't really an option.

Staff Sergeant

A great explanation. I was personally thinking that they could try to call their bluff, but as you pointed up risks were too big for this (and I did not realize it).
    Last edited by Manche; August 11th, 2020 at 09:05 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567