No announcement yet.

Cure (610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting episode, and fairly vital, as it gives the opening for finding the formula for Trutonin.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm just wondering why they didn't find a sarcophagus for Egeria. I know it drains the good from their hearts, but surely once wouldn't hurt and it is their queen. Surely an exception could be made.

She could have then given birth to a new queen.

Comment

I think she was really too far gone for a sarcophagus. We know it has limits; Yu has spent too long using it, perhaps Egeria had spent too long _not_ using it. Her body was basically shot all to hell and back.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          I think she was really too far gone for a sarcophagus. We know it has limits; Yu has spent too long using it, perhaps Egeria had spent too long _not_ using it. Her body was basically shot all to hell and back.
          I believe that even if they had sarcophagus, Egeria would have refuse to use it. It goes against their teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
            Interesting episode, and fairly vital, as it gives the opening for finding the formula for Trutonin.
            They did find the forumal for tretinion as this episode had tretonin in it. You mena the jaffa syboite replacement tretonin
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

I don't think they found the formula for it in this ep, just how to make it out of ground up goauld. They'd found the formula by Changeling, that's when they were first synthesising it themselves.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                I don't think they found the formula for it in this ep, just how to make it out of ground up goauld. They'd found the formula by Changeling, that's when they were first synthesising it themselves.
                Thanks, MW, that was what I was trying to say, but badly!
                sigpic

Comment

Egeria is the coolest Tok'ra... ever. Okay, maybe not cooler than Selmak, but certainly ties.

Comment

Okay, I know this is a stupid observation/question, but when the guy was treading water and then is suddenly yanked down under and submerged. Just who was doing the yanking? (Or at least getting “pulled” under is how I interpreted what happened.) Last I looked symbiotes didn’t have hands. Guess they grabbed him with their fins or whatever you call them. Sorry, I know that’s not a serious question to prompt a serious discussion, but I just found it funny and never thought about it before until I watched it again today. Any ideas how all those little symbiotes “pulled” that guy under?
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I enjoyed this one. It raised more questions than it answered. That's always a good sign.

Comment

can you amagine the WAY different direction the show would have taken if she would have lived? The Goa'uld would be getting their @$$es kicked hard core....
                        I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

I was hoping the Tok'ra would be able to replinish their numbers at least in some way this episode.

Good story nice twist about the queen's identity, and some really good Jonas scenes. The part where he fell into the incubating pool scared the hell outta me.
                          Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Okay, here's what I need to know, forgive me if this question has been asnwered, my comp is slow ...

How on earth does that gigantic Queen get into a human? Does she drop the egg shell or something? That makes sense. I saw the head lying nearby so .. I guess she molted?
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              How on earth does that gigantic Queen get into a human? Does she drop the egg shell or something? That makes sense. I saw the head lying nearby so .. I guess she molted?
                              I was wondering the same thing the first time I saw it. I was like, " If she crammed all of herself into that lady's head, those two are gonna have one intense headache!"
                              I thought the head was the body of the other Tok'ra, the one who abandoned the host so that the Tok'ra mom-person (forgot the name) could move in.

Here's a theory: Did you ever see the Aliens movies? At one point (in the first one, I think), the Alien queen broke away from her egg-laying parts so that she could move around. Maybe the Goa'uld queens create a detachable part of their bodies that they birth little Goa'uldlings through and they can release that part of their body when they're through with it or something like that...
                              I suppose what I just said will make a lot more sense if you have seen the movie but I don't really know how to describe it well.
                              !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Seemed odd to me that Jonas didn't get zapped by a symbiote. In other eps, the symbiotes jump into a body at first oportunity. He was in that pool for several minutes. I guess it must have something to do with their minds being blank or something. I guess these symbiotes are stupid. If so then maybe a better question would be why the other guy DID get zapped .

Comment

Working...
                                X