No announcement yet.

Cure (610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the show Da Vinci's Inquest. The actress (Gwynyth Walsh) who played Kelmaa in this episode (the lady who took the queen symbiote) was a star in Da Vinci's Inquest. The next SG-1 episode, Prometheus, has yet another star of Da Vinci's Inquest: Ian Tracey playing the character named Smith. The strange thing is that since the first time I saw Teryl Rothery (who plays Dr Janet Fraiser in SG-1) I've thought that I've seen her before in Da Vinci's Inquest. I did some research today and found that she was in fact in one episode of Da Vinci's Inquest. I'm wondering who else from that show had a role in SG-1.

--edit--
    Just saw another one! Alex Diakun (the alien historian guy) in 130.S06.20 - Memento, is also a star of Da Vinci's Inquest.
    Last edited by Science; 25 May 2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I watch NCIS and started noticing that numerous people from the SG world were guests on that show. I made a list one time of all those folks and came up with a list of over 50 actors who made an appearance on NCIS and NCIS:LA.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I watch NCIS and started noticing that numerous people from the SG world were guests on that show. I made a list one time of all those folks and came up with a list of over 50 actors who made an appearance on NCIS and NCIS:LA.
        Which usually incites a response the likes of "Hey, isn't that... oh damn, what was their name again. Weren't they in... you know..."

[several hours later]

"[insert name of actor or character] ... Stargate [insert show]"
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's also the other way round: Beau Bridges played a teenage boy in one of the black-and-white eps of The Fugitive
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

I wonder how much things would have been altered, had say the divide and conquor episode actually Followed this one vice the other way around?

Comment

A good introduction to the queen of the Tok'ra and Tretonin.

Comment

Another one of those episodes that I love rewatching.

I love Jonas and Teal'c working together and uncovering the truth with the help of Zenna (the actress will be back in Stargate Atlantis season 1 to have a marvellous working relationship with McGillion's Beckett).

I love that we get a glimpse of the origin story of the Tok'ra with Egeria, even if it's a glimpse. This certainly could have been expanded, but well, we'll just chuck it up to them not having more interest in it.

It's a tragic story too for all involved. The Pangarans are using Egeria to give themselves better health with the tretonin. Egeria uses herself to put a flaw in her offspring and eventually dies. Kalmah sacrifices herself for her queen. And SG-1 is just standing by and watching the tragedy unfold.

How would you rate SG-1's "Cure?"

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible

Comment

I love Jonas' line about Earthlings.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    I love Jonas' line about Earthlings.
                    Well, sort of... and that little tilt of his head.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Cure, Prometheus & Unnatural Selection

Jigsaw puzzle: Cure

Comment

11:25 and 14/15

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          11:25 and 14/15
                          You've set the bar.

Comment

12:01

Comment

Overall a good episode. I think what I like is the episode shows us that Jonas has Daniel's linguistic skills by translating the ruins. While I quite like the story of tretonin and Egeria. The hypocrisy of using the queen when we thought she was a Goa'uld is disturbing. Morally we are just as bad as the Goa'uld to let a queen be used by that. Besides that omission I quite like the episode. I give it a fair

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              You've set the bar.
                              and I destroyed it with a 8;15
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X