No announcement yet.

Cure (610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode, I love the history and the Tok'ra with the cool voice! My one issue is, how the hell did that big old pregnant queen get inside a human body??

Anyway, another culture we don't here from again and more actors that make reappearances in various episodes but as different characters within the SG word!
    Last edited by Insolent Slave; 24 February 2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Beatrice came up with an interesting theory to cover the 'getting a Goa'uld Queen into a human host' query - something along the lines of only occupying a female, and making use of the ready-made incubator we carry around with us (now that sounds really gross...). Essentially, the Queen enters the female host in the usual fashion, and presumably spawns symbiotes via the host's reproductive system. In the absence of a nearby womb, the Queen expands to do the spawning herself. In Egeria's case, Beatrice posited that she was able to abandon/contract the spawning sac so that she could enter Kelmaa's host.

It's a solid theory, and it certainly makes sense - inasmuch as such a scenario can make sense!

All in all, a very poignant episode in terms of the future of the Tok'ra, given that the one queen who was spawning Tok'ra young is now no more. But, on the other hand, a great legacy to hand on to the Jaffa now that there's a potential alternative means of survival to the usual method of incubating a Goa'uld. It's certainly an excellent selling point for a fledgling rebellion on a recruitment drive...
      sigpic

Comment

Damn there goes another Atlantis episode down the drain for copying an SG1 script, even using the same actress as main player... damn, damn, damn... I'm not going to enjoy watching SGA again. I'll be reminded of 7 years of SG1.

Anyhow... Egeria, the first Tok'ra, alive and not so well spawning flawed young to screw over the Pangarans who continue their research anyway and get addicted to the good stuff. When the stuff runs out, I bet a simple cold could kill them.

Good to see Malek again, who doesn't really care about the Pangaran's research until it is revealed to be a Tok'ra and not a Goa'uld floating in the tank. On that notion, how exactly did that symbiote go from a little snake imprisoned in a canopic jar, much like Isis and Osiris were, to that fat queen in the tank.

But oh cool... symbiote birds and bees, like we didn't get enough of that with Hathor. They don't need a man-friend to procreate, how nice.

Aw, and is Jonas flirting with the lead archaeologist... how cute!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Are we going to have that argument FH?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Are we going to have that argument FH?
            I knew you'd be all over it... that should be rule, you know.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thats a given. I am usually all over people I think are wrong
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked that there wasn't a evil force messing with anybody. Just some guys that didn't know any better. I enjoyed the episode and thought it was a good change of pace.

Comment

Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about it, too. And that it leaves us hanging (we don't know if the Pangarans can be helped when the episode ends).

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                    A fine episode.
                    It didn't start so well. I mean -They never thought the tritonium to be dangerous? It was so obvious to me, first time I saw that bottle. And giving them addresses to peaceful worlds, before checking out anything?
                    No alarm bells going off when they wanted to visit Goa'uld Worlds?

Then it all got better. Jonas was back in action, i missed him in the previous episodes.
                    Nice surprise with the symbiotes and the queen - Especially when they discovered it was actually the Tok'ra. Good happy ending, except for the queen dying. The Tok'ra must have been very sad. I was a little sad too. I enjoyed the fact that there were no "bad guys" in this, just misunderstandings.

SG-1 was wary of the tretonin - that is why they brought it home to have Fraser check it out.

And there was alarm bells about the Pangerans wanting to visit Go'auld worlds - that is why Jack called them stupid.

However, there was no way that anyone could predict the connection.

There is something that confused me though - the Queen was still in the tank when the Tok'ra scientist was found unconscious after having made the transfer. So how did all that work? How was the Queen inside the host if her body was also inside the tank? And I'm not nit picking at it or claiming plot hole - I've missed something that was probably obvious or from previous episodes so I need my blanks filled in.

Anyway, a great episode. Real thoughtful sci-fi in the vain of the original Star Trek and when SG-1 steps into that territory it always puts the likes of The Next Generation and Voyager to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
                      There is something that confused me though - the Queen was still in the tank when the Tok'ra scientist was found unconscious after having made the transfer. So how did all that work? How was the Queen inside the host if her body was also inside the tank? And I'm not nit picking at it or claiming plot hole - I've missed something that was probably obvious or from previous episodes so I need my blanks filled in.
                      That whole thing wasn't going to fit in someone's head. It must have shed all that baby weight () so that it could take a host.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                        That whole thing wasn't going to fit in someone's head. It must have shed all that baby weight () so that it could take a host.
                        Yes, but have they ever explained it? Did they queen give her consciousness to one of her "defective" offspring?

And since she had clearly abandoned her body, why did she still die? Was it a case that her entire being was beyond saving - that her body AND soul were exhausted from the experience?

Comment

I meant that the reproductive part grows around the core part of the symbiote, and can be shed, allowing that symbiote to take a host. It was still the same body, just not all of it.

Just my theory, though.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I agree with Britta. It looked to me as if what was left in the tank was only part of the symbiote.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                              I meant that the reproductive part grows around the core part of the symbiote, and can be shed, allowing that symbiote to take a host. It was still the same body, just not all of it.

Just my theory, though.
                              Your theory works for me. Damn clever of you too.

Comment

Could have been a two-parter for me, then we would have learned more about the Tok'Ra queen and about the development of Tretonin and about the fate of the natives.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X