Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Cure (610)

Default Re: Cure (610)

I barely remember Egeria from a previous episode when I saw this. Its a foundation epiosde as tretonin is used in future episodes. Its interesting how the Pangarians used the Goa'uld regenetive powers and was able to siphon it for their own use. The science person in me wonders how such a process occur. It seems like something that would be too complicated for the general audience but still it would be interesting to find out. This is another good episode for Jonas to show off his lingual skills. He seems to be not as obsessive as Daniel. Speaking of the ruins it was so sad to see Egeria die. I think Joel (music) and the actor in question did great work in playing a somber as she dies and how the whole thing was a big mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Not a bad ep. The best parts being the revelation that the queen was Tok'ra and the introduction of tritonan.

Very sad ending with Egeria dying.

I think that Egeria is a simply beautiful name...

Deeds xx

Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Probie

Couldn't Egeria simply have chosen not to produce any offspring at all? Unless they somehow forced her to.
    When it comes to spawning new queens, I think the current one must make a conscious choice to do so. The fact that there are so few queens though does mean that the ones that do exist can become very powerful.
    It would have been good if Egeria had been able to spawn another queen either before she was captured 2000 years ago and hid it or just before she died

Major General

Perhaps its biological that they produce offspring, so Egeria could not stop it.

Cool Re: Cure (610)

A fine episode.
    It didn't start so well. I mean -They never thought the tritonium to be dangerous? It was so obvious to me, first time I saw that bottle. And giving them addresses to peaceful worlds, before checking out anything?
    No alarm bells going off when they wanted to visit Goa'uld Worlds?

Then it all got better. Jonas was back in action, i missed him in the previous episodes.
    Nice surprise with the symbiotes and the queen - Especially when they discovered it was actually the Tok'ra. Good happy ending, except for the queen dying. The Tok'ra must have been very sad. I was a little sad too. I enjoyed the fact that there were no "bad guys" in this, just misunderstandings.

Last edited by Cluas; January 28th, 2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cluas View Post
    They never thought the tritonium to be dangerous? It was so obvious to me, first time I saw that bottle. And giving them addresses to peaceful worlds, before checking out anything?
    We don't know what negotiations occurred before the actual visit of SG1.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    We don't know what negotiations occurred before the actual visit of SG1.

Seaboe
    Oh thanks, good explanation, silly me

Major

No, not silly. It's just TPTB often take short cuts to eliminate what they think will be the boring stuff. So you need to extrapolate that there are things going on off-screen.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    No, not silly. It's just TPTB often take short cuts to eliminate what they think will be the boring stuff. So you need to extrapolate that there are things going on off-screen.

Seaboe
    Hi there Seaboe, just want to express my thanks again. It's good to see what others think about the show.
    Personally I wouldn't have given them any adresses, but then again, Teal'c might never have gotten the Tritonin he needed
    Last edited by Cluas; January 30th, 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Good episode, I love the history and the Tok'ra with the cool voice! My one issue is, how the hell did that big old pregnant queen get inside a human body??

Anyway, another culture we don't here from again and more actors that make reappearances in various episodes but as different characters within the SG word!
    Last edited by Insolent Slave; February 24th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Beatrice came up with an interesting theory to cover the 'getting a Goa'uld Queen into a human host' query - something along the lines of only occupying a female, and making use of the ready-made incubator we carry around with us (now that sounds really gross...). Essentially, the Queen enters the female host in the usual fashion, and presumably spawns symbiotes via the host's reproductive system. In the absence of a nearby womb, the Queen expands to do the spawning herself. In Egeria's case, Beatrice posited that she was able to abandon/contract the spawning sac so that she could enter Kelmaa's host.

It's a solid theory, and it certainly makes sense - inasmuch as such a scenario can make sense!

All in all, a very poignant episode in terms of the future of the Tok'ra, given that the one queen who was spawning Tok'ra young is now no more. But, on the other hand, a great legacy to hand on to the Jaffa now that there's a potential alternative means of survival to the usual method of incubating a Goa'uld. It's certainly an excellent selling point for a fledgling rebellion on a recruitment drive...

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Damn there goes another Atlantis episode down the drain for copying an SG1 script, even using the same actress as main player... damn, damn, damn... I'm not going to enjoy watching SGA again. I'll be reminded of 7 years of SG1.

Anyhow... Egeria, the first Tok'ra, alive and not so well spawning flawed young to screw over the Pangarans who continue their research anyway and get addicted to the good stuff. When the stuff runs out, I bet a simple cold could kill them.

Good to see Malek again, who doesn't really care about the Pangaran's research until it is revealed to be a Tok'ra and not a Goa'uld floating in the tank. On that notion, how exactly did that symbiote go from a little snake imprisoned in a canopic jar, much like Isis and Osiris were, to that fat queen in the tank.

But oh cool... symbiote birds and bees, like we didn't get enough of that with Hathor. They don't need a man-friend to procreate, how nice.

Aw, and is Jonas flirting with the lead archaeologist... how cute!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Are we going to have that argument FH?
    Jelgate is right

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Are we going to have that argument FH?
    I knew you'd be all over it... that should be rule, you know.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Thats a given. I am usually all over people I think are wrong
    Jelgate is right

I liked that there wasn't a evil force messing with anybody. Just some guys that didn't know any better. I enjoyed the episode and thought it was a good change of pace.

Major

Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about it, too. And that it leaves us hanging (we don't know if the Pangarans can be helped when the episode ends).

Seaboe

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Cluas View Post
    A fine episode.
    It didn't start so well. I mean -They never thought the tritonium to be dangerous? It was so obvious to me, first time I saw that bottle. And giving them addresses to peaceful worlds, before checking out anything?

Then it all got better. Jonas was back in action, i missed him in the previous episodes.
    Nice surprise with the symbiotes and the queen - Especially when they discovered it was actually the Tok'ra. Good happy ending, except for the queen dying. The Tok'ra must have been very sad. I was a little sad too. I enjoyed the fact that there were no "bad guys" in this, just misunderstandings.

SG-1 was wary of the tretonin - that is why they brought it home to have Fraser check it out.

And there was alarm bells about the Pangerans wanting to visit Go'auld worlds - that is why Jack called them stupid.

However, there was no way that anyone could predict the connection.

There is something that confused me though - the Queen was still in the tank when the Tok'ra scientist was found unconscious after having made the transfer. So how did all that work? How was the Queen inside the host if her body was also inside the tank? And I'm not nit picking at it or claiming plot hole - I've missed something that was probably obvious or from previous episodes so I need my blanks filled in.

Anyway, a great episode. Real thoughtful sci-fi in the vain of the original Star Trek and when SG-1 steps into that territory it always puts the likes of The Next Generation and Voyager to shame.

Air Force Chief of Staff Britta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
    There is something that confused me though - the Queen was still in the tank when the Tok'ra scientist was found unconscious after having made the transfer. So how did all that work? How was the Queen inside the host if her body was also inside the tank? And I'm not nit picking at it or claiming plot hole - I've missed something that was probably obvious or from previous episodes so I need my blanks filled in.
    That whole thing wasn't going to fit in someone's head. It must have shed all that baby weight () so that it could take a host.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast