This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper/Time Machine

In season 8's Mobius when the puddle jumper destroyed the hatak, was it because it hit vital systems or because its weapons were really powerful?

It hit vital systems, only 2 drones were used. Hundreds...thousands were needed to defeat anubis' fleet on 30+ ships in lost city part 2

Comment

Are you sure it was firing drones? they didn't look like it. I thought it was an energy based weapon.

Comment

well the ship was a puddle jumper and the puddle jumpers in atlantis fire drones and that puddle jumper did originally come from atlantis so i assume they r drones, they look like them to me

Comment

From what i have seen, drones don't explode on impact. They just keep ripping through the ship until it's destroyed. Anubis had like 35 ships? Including at least one mother ship and they wereprobably upgraded with Anceint knowledge. Two drones would have taken ages to destroy them.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-12
            In season 8's Mobius when the puddle jumper destroyed the hatak, was it because it hit vital systems or because its weapons were really powerful?
            you got the episode where o'neill destroyed a mothership mixed up it wasn't moebius it was it's good to be king the episode with colonel maybourne

Comment

it's called the time (puddle) jumper.

it hit vital parts

Comment

From what ive seen, drones seem to have a mind of their own, or can be controled thru mind control from whoever is sitting in the chair.

In "Rising", Shepperd told Ford to look for a weapons console, and the side hatches opened up, and 1 drone shot out, and immediately turned around. Shepperd didnt do that, cause the expression on his face was one of confusion, so that tells me that the drones have a mind of their own.

The 2 drones that were fired by the time jumper, (O'Niell was flying) must have known were vital parts were at and took them out in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
                  From what ive seen, drones seem to have a mind of their own, or can be controled thru mind control from whoever is sitting in the chair.

In "Rising", Shepperd told Ford to look for a weapons console, and the side hatches opened up, and 1 drone shot out, and immediately turned around. Shepperd didnt do that, cause the expression on his face was one of confusion, so that tells me that the drones have a mind of their own.

The 2 drones that were fired by the time jumper, (O'Niell was flying) must have known were vital parts were at and took them out in a hurry.
                  No they don't have a mind of their own, they are however controlled by someones mind. Although Sheppard didn't realise he fired, we did want to fire, and he wanted to fire at the ship that was firing at him (if I remember correctly). The ship read this from his mind and fired at the ship. The same way as if you wanted to fire at a ship on say daedalus, u'd select the ship you want to target and press the fire button. Just the jumpers are more instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                    From what i have seen, drones don't explode on impact.
                    Yeah, yet another thing that depends on the plot. Sometimes they blow up on impact (like Rising, and the Tower) and other times they rip right through their target (Lost City 2).

If I'm a writer, I say it depends on the person controlling them, what he wants the Drone to do. So Sheppard wanted to blow up the Darts (because he didn't know Drones could impact something without blowing up), so they exploded on impact. O'Neill, having the Ancient repository in his mind at the time, knew that Drones could pass through targets without detonating and still destroy their targets.

But as I lament almost every day.... I'm not a staff writer.....

Comment

I think you`ve come up with the most logical explanation there Bragi. Its certainly the best explanation i`ve seen (although I may`ve seen the same explanation somewhere before.)

FYI: I don`t think the TJ in Its Good To Be King was the same as the one from Before I Sleep. In BIS the other Lantians ordered that TJ destroyed. Considering how annoyed they were I would think they`d make sure it was destroyed and not just take Janus' word for it.
                      He probably just built another one behind their backs when they came through the Stargate back to the Milky Way. Plus the IGTBK TJ had MW glyphs on it whereas the BIS TJ had Pegasus glyphs. He may`ve changed them but I think its more likely that the IGTBK TJ is a different one to the BIS TJ.

*Puddle Jumper One departing from Acronym Hell in 2 minutes.*
                      Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                      Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomchris45
                        No they don't have a mind of their own, they are however controlled by someones mind. Although Sheppard didn't realise he fired, we did want to fire, and he wanted to fire at the ship that was firing at him (if I remember correctly). The ship read this from his mind and fired at the ship. The same way as if you wanted to fire at a ship on say daedalus, u'd select the ship you want to target and press the fire button. Just the jumpers are more instantaneous.

What about the drone in the very beggining (in Rising) that was activated by Beckett in the chair. The radio in the chopper said, "There is a rogue drone, that can seek a target on its own, land immediately!"

If it was a rogue drone, and could seek out a target on its own, then certainly, they have a mind of their own when not controlled by ones thoughts.

Comment

I believe that since they are an interface... that they are controlled by the mind... which I suppose that could mean either they could find the info either in the ships computer, or the driver, or both to complete the task desired.

That's my take on it. I include these episodes within my theory: It's Good To Be King, Rising, Before I Sleep, and The Siege.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                            Yeah, yet another thing that depends on the plot. Sometimes they blow up on impact (like Rising, and the Tower) and other times they rip right through their target (Lost City 2).

If I'm a writer, I say it depends on the person controlling them, what he wants the Drone to do. So Sheppard wanted to blow up the Darts (because he didn't know Drones could impact something without blowing up), so they exploded on impact. O'Neill, having the Ancient repository in his mind at the time, knew that Drones could pass through targets without detonating and still destroy their targets.

But as I lament almost every day.... I'm not a staff writer.....
                            Sounds good but also remember that the jumper drones are different than the chair weapon drones

The jumper Drones are smaller oranger and seem to explode on impact
                            The chair weapon drones are larger whiter and bore through targets
                            sigpic

Comment

Also in Before I Sleep they didnt look like drones...they popped out from a different part of a ship than the drones usually do, fired and then retracted immediately. Im convinced they were an energy weapon, not drones.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
                              X