This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin Myrdin Season 9 Spoilers

We know that Merlin is Ancient, but in Mythology he was the son a of a demon and a nun. They mention that Merlin is half-demon in Camelot spoilers, how much you wanna bet Merlin is Ori ancient.

Originally posted by Johnquixote
    We know that Merlin is Ancient, but in Mythology he was the son a of a demon and a nun. They mention that Merlin is half-demon in Camelot spoilers, how much you wanna bet Merlin is Ori ancient.
    Should be interesting to see how tptb play this one. That wouldn't surprise me really.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Or he's half gou'ald, half ancient, like Anubis.

Comment

Very interesting thought. Although, Merlin was essentially good (or at least that is how I remember him), so I think he must have had some break with the Ori. In any event, I agree with The Fifth Man, it should be interesting to see how tptb play it!
        Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

I'll bet one billion dollars that Merlin IS NOT an Ori ancient.

My reasoning is that Merlin was a Lantian refugee from Atlantis, not an Alteran. As far as we know, the Lantians never came in contact with the Ori, at least not until after they returned to Earth, and learned that they had kindred in the Altera galaxy (that's how the ancient communication device got in the Ori galaxy in the first place).

If you listened to what Daniel was saying in Avalon Pt.I, we learned that King Arthur and Ambrosius Aurelianus was the same person, which Daniel remarks is unusual, because Ambrosius would have been 74 years old at the battle of Mount Badon. However, Ambrosius Aurelianus was supposedly the son of the Roman emperor Constantine III.

I think the writers are trying to hint that while Merlin was a Lantian refugee, Arthur/Ambrosius was a descendent of them. That's the connection between humans and ancients, and explains why some humans have the ATA gene.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

No, I think it all is a matter of perspective. The O'ri say the the Ancients are demons/evil. So could he be half ancient and half human? Don't know, the time frame doesn't seem to be right for this as he was alive prior to the ancients returning from Atlantis, so not really sure I added alot to this other than increasing my reply count
            "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
            - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

Maybe he's half-Wraith? Well, maybe not half, but perhaps he has some Wraith DNA?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelusInsomnus
                Maybe he's half-Wraith? Well, maybe not half, but perhaps he has some Wraith DNA?
                Maybe he's a Sith Lord!!

In Stargate lore, Merlin was a Lantian (ancient) that returned to Earth from Atlantis when they abandoned the city in Pegasus. Daniel says so in Avalon Pt. I.

Historically, it was explained that he was considered half demon, because christianity was taking over as the primary religion of the region, and pagan deities were being demonized by the church. Anybody that didn't convert to christianity was labeled a heretic, and anybody that continued practicing paganism was considered a demon (follower of evil).

Thus, Merlin, who's mother was a christian and father a pagan, becomes labeled a "half-demon".

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I think its safe to say half ancient, half human.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    I think its safe to say half ancient, half human.
                    Interesting possibility.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Interesting possibility.
                      No it isn't. Daniel already stated that Mierdyn was an ancient that returned to Earth from Atlantis. So please explain how he could be half-human if he's an ancient.

Sometimes I wonder if we're all watching the same show...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                        No it isn't. Daniel already stated that Mierdyn was an ancient that returned to Earth from Atlantis. So please explain how he could be half-human if he's an ancient.

Sometimes I wonder if we're all watching the same show...
                        He could be the son of a Pegasus human and Ancient.
                        That said, we have no evidence or knowledge that ancients interbred with humans(ATA gene doesn't count, it could simply be a precursor of evoloution.
                        The asgard said Jack was further evolved than most humans).

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin

Historically, it was explained that he was considered half demon, because christianity was taking over as the primary religion of the region, and pagan deities were being demonized by the church. Anybody that didn't convert to christianity was labeled a heretic, and anybody that continued practicing paganism was considered a demon (follower of evil).

Thus, Merlin, who's mother was a christian and father a pagan, becomes labeled a "half-demon".
                          Finally someone takes some time to find the facts..
                          I mean that church made people think that everything is a sin in some way..
                          like sex.. or something other everyday things was now considered otherwise..
                          so in the other hand, if there weren't church, we would have lot less mystical stories so making this kind of series..

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                            He could be the son of a Pegasus human and Ancient.
                            That said, we have no evidence or knowledge that ancients interbred with humans(ATA gene doesn't count, it could simply be a precursor of evoloution.
                            The asgard said Jack was further evolved than most humans).
                            No, I don't think that they outright said that Ancients interbred with humans. As for Jack, another reason why he could be a little further along the evolutionary path is because he could be a descendent, not because evolution is taking a step foreward. After all, the Ancients were far along this path, so it would stand to reason that many of their descendents would also be further advanced.

Atlantis "The Tower" *SPOILER*

In the upcome Atlantis epi, "The Tower", they mention one of the Pegasus people has the gene because he's a Lantean descendant. But that the gene is fading from his line because he's so far down the descended line. For better wording, go to "The Tower" spoiler page.
                            I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                            - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Ya i think that he could be half ori and falh ancient. We know they lived together at a certain point. What if an anicent man and ori women married and had merlin. And merlin wanted to be more of an ancient but still had characteristics of an Ori.

Comment

Working...
                              X