No announcement yet.

Allegiance (609)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this one! I'm so glad Bra'tac made it back alive.
    sigpic

Comment

It sure took some serious talking on Jacob and Jack's part to keep Teal'c from killing that Tok'ra. I'm so glad he listened to them. I thought Bra'tac was gone for good, but I am glad that he survived.
      "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
      "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Why does Jacob Carter usually talk in his own voice but other Tok'ra usually talk in the deep symbiote voice? Why did Jonas get left out of this episode and with hardly any action taking place at the SGC??
        Last edited by Dave2; 13 December 2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I stuck a VHS into my Hall of Res Machine...

1. The ep sounded cool enough from the outset.

2. If memory serves, Corin had a wedding or something on therefore had to be largely written out of this ep.

3. Didn't think I'd ever get to see Bra'tac and Jacob in the same ep.

4. Jack O'Neill as a diplomat, he didn't do too badly here, probably needed a warrior to talk to other warriors.

5. Then Jack with that 360 shot...woha...

6. And Bra'tac's comeback!

Very cool ep.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
            Why does Jacob Carter usually talk in his own voice but other Tok'ra usually talk in the deep symbiote voice? Why did Jonas get left out of this episode and with hardly any action taking place at the SGC??
            My guess is it is because Jacob is a fairly new Tokra, or that in the presence of his daughter, he is more likely to take control.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I like this episode, top 10-15 (yeah I know, out of 22).

The Tok'ra and the Free Jaffa are at each others throats, and at the end, we're all friends.

The best scene was Jack and the BFG, showed Jack was a badass.

Tomorrow, the origins of the Tok'ra.
              sigpic

Comment

One of the top episodes of the season for me.

BRA'TAC: This single blade did what we could not. It has brought us together. This blade has spilled the blood of Jaffa, of the Tok'ra and of the Tau'ri. By the hand of our common enemy, it has made us brothers. Together, we have ensured it will never spill our blood again.

A wonderful emotive end to a well executed series of events.

Two former mortal enemies facing off with only Jack and the SG teams, with Bra'tac and Jacob's respected standing amongst their own people between them.

An invisible enemy doing the divide and conquer bit. Great 'Predator' moment of Bra'tak being watched from above through the Ashrak's eyes and then attacked and dragged off. Only Arnie with the big gun was missing to shred the forest afterwards! However, Jack did get to do the gun bit later!

For me the scenes when they went Ashrak hunting has one of the best uses of a BC forest in a Stargate episode. Gives a great alien feel to the scene with all the trees draped with the moss fronds.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                  I never get tired of this one.
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This single blade did what we could not. It has brought us together. This blade has spilled the blood of Jaffa, of the Tok'ra and of the Tauri. By the hand of our common enemy, it has made us brothers. Together, we have ensured it will never spill our blood again.

I just love that line. Its classic Bra'tac in something he would say. This episode I think addresses the hostility between the Tok'ra and Jaffa. I think it was something that needed to be addressed. Being on former different ends of the sides thier was bound to be some kind of tension between these two alien species. It was fun watching these two clash as they work out the differences. I also like seeing Jacob and Bra'tac interact as their respective leaders. We never really have seen these two in the same scene before. It was interesting while the Tok'ra and Jaffa fight the two leaders got along. Maybe a understanding of leadership. The only real compliant was Jack taking out that huge machine gun seemed random and pointless.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

A pretty good ep.

Gotta agree that it's great to see Bra'tac and Jacob in the same ep together.

Bit of a different take on the Ashrak compared to the one that killed Jolinar.
                      sigpic

Comment

Very good episode, divide and conquer, also reminded me of "predator"

I really thought Bra'tac was dead this time (no not really)

Comment

Just watched this on tv in the UK. I'm a very late fan to the Stargate series since 2012, yep very, very late lol. Great episode, love the interaction between the three sides and the tension. The only sensible people in this one are Sam, Selmak and Bratac. Even O'Neill's prejudice against the Tok'Ra is getting annoying, his attitude makes as much sense as African Americans assuming all white Americans are racist since only White Americans join the KKK.

Comment

Divide & Conquer

Or in this case, put the Jaffa and Tok'ra against one another and the problem will resolve itself. Except the Tau'ri are meddling in the affairs of the Goa'uld again. Good thing too or we would have had a civil unrest in the resistance.

More applicable at the end was the phrase: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Anyhow...

Another one of those episodes that has some really cool shots, like O'Neill firing the 50cal. -- quite spectacular. Or Bra'tac kicking some serious butt, or more accurately is getting kicked down but he fought bravely nonetheless. And the end scene where he makes that speech and throws the dagger into the ground.

We stand... united!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And the end scene where he makes that speech and throws the dagger into the ground.

We stand... united!
                              I loved that ending

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks View Post
                                Every time this episode is on, i watch it. Its up there on my list of favorite s6 episodes. I don't know why i like it so much. Maybe bacause it shows the Tok'ra, Jaffa and Tauri all working together.
                                This is how I feel. I love watching this episode, it's just so great to see them (ultimately) working together, and even better to see Jacob/Selmak and Bra'tac together on screen. The character interactions are what makes this episode. I also think the episode is visually quite pretty, there are a few frames that are just stunning, even though most of the episode is shot with gravel as a backdrop. Despite some possible holes in the story that have been mentioned in this thread, I really enjoy this episode each time I see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X