This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper R&D (Spoilers Possibly)

Remember grace under pressure they repaired (well almost) a puddle jumper right..... so why doesn't earth reverse engineer one and build a hybrid one like the F-302

This seems to be fairly simple because they seem to have a great grip of ancient technology

What do ye think?
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
    Remember grace under pressure they repaired (well almost) a puddle jumper right..... so why doesn't earth reverse engineer one and build a hybrid one like the F-302

This seems to be fairly simple because they seem to have a great grip of ancient technology

What do ye think?
    I think fixing a jumper and building one are two very different things. But I do agree that there should be some research going on with them.

Comment

There are no Jumpers to spare at the moment. If the Atlantis Team discovers another hanger with more, then maybe one can go back.
      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

There should be 2 puddlejumpers on Earth. One from each of the 2 realities.

Comment

who is that in your sig damnit, lol
          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
            who is that in your sig damnit, lol

she's from morning musume! a japanese band.

Comment

Originally posted by methuselah

cool, you can ignore all the other posts where i asked this question then, lol
              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Comment

I wonder if they have extra parts near the bay? If they do, then they would be able to restore a jumper to operational status (the one they took the cloak generator from to hide the city). The canabilization of that generator never sat well with me.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by methuselah
                  Really! I was under the impression that she's an actress from 'Hex', which is a crappy British supernatural show. Supposedly the UK's answer to Buffy.

Her name is "Laura Pyper" (Really Japanese sounding isn't it! ) She comes from Northern Ireland. (Also somewhere in Japan presumably. )
                  Imdb Page

Hex Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                    Really! I was under the impression that she's an actress from 'Hex', which is a crappy British supernatural show. Supposedly the UK's answer to Buffy.

Her name is "Laura Pyper" (Really Japanese sounding isn't it! ) She comes from Northern Ireland. (Also somewhere in Japan presumably. )
                    Imdb Page

Hex Gallery

i think your thinking of sombody elses post!

Comment

For the record I changed my sig right before I checked back here and also hex is one of the best supernatural shows around you fools it's about a lesbian witch for gods sake
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

If Zelenka can't cobble together a working Jumper from pieces of leftover Jumpers, than the people at Area 51 wouldn't have a chance of even coming close to making one of their own.

As McKay said, the technology behind them is way beyond anything they've ever encountered. The SGA team is so far limited to the poke'n'prod method of learning.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I don't think puddlejumpers are as easy to reverse engineer as gliders.

Comment

yea, true, but 'usuable' resources on atlantis are rare. area51 might be able to reverse enginer something, or repair it, just because they have better resourses.... just not the 'smartest' of people around

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
                              yea, true, but 'usuable' resources on atlantis are rare. area51 might be able to reverse enginer something, or repair it, just because they have better resourses.... just not the 'smartest' of people around
                              Trying to actually repair Ancient technology with human equipment would be like trying to repair a top-grade Forumla 1 racing tire with the earliest stone wheel.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                              X