Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is asgard beam better than startrek beam?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is asgard beam better than startrek beam?

i notice that every time a person is setting down in stargate, that when the asgard usw their beaming tech that person would be standing, and yet in startrek that never happen, so is asgard better?

ive seen it happen, the only episode i remember clearly (sadly, i dun remember the name)..

Gordie is in a shuttle, and he is ambused by romulans, he's sitting down, and the romulans beam him out and hes standing up, or laying down, don't remember...
    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

We've never seen Asgard transporters malfunction as far as I can remember (if you discount jamming of course), but there are screw-ups with Star Trek transporters all the time.

Comment

yep, good point
        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Comment

Asgard.

It certainly looks cooler.

Comment

Yeah the asgard beam is much much cooler.
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

It looks cooler and sounds cooler. No, pixie dust and sprinkle sounds.
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

asgard's

Comment

Asgard.

Quicker and the person doesn't have to be standing or not moving. Plus, it looks cooler.

The Asgard beam doesn't look like water with glitter being stirred...which they did for the original Star Trek. HAHA

Comment

But you gotta wonder how someone could be sitting down when beamed and yet arrive standing up (like Shep when he was beamed out of the fighter in the second episode of SGA season 2, the one with the Wraith virus)

Comment

Ok, well, to start off with the Asgard beam, they got it right (Eg: New ground, when O'Neill and Teal'c were beamed off the sub lying down and were put back on Thor's ship laying down) But sadly, sinse season 9of SG1 and 2 of atlantis, everyone seems to have been magically transported from laying down to standing up, and all shiny and cleaned up.

*sighs* Oh, and Asgard beams are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better in comparison to Star Trek beams, I was actually waiting for this thread to pop up.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The Asgard beam is definitely better. But personally I prefer the effects of a ST transporter better, at least the newer ones in the recent movies. It looks like the matter is being taken apart and transporter. What's with the Asgard beam though? A spotlight shines down on you from nowhere .

Comment

yea, asguard is better, but, has anybody taken notice, its looking more and more like treks beams...

i remember when the asguard first apeard, the "beam flash' was just a bluish white. but now, its got the 'sprinkle' look

Comment

Asgard beam without question. When's the last time you saw the ST beams beam up hundreds of people at once?
                            Spoiler:
                            Inferno, the Daedalus is told that they have hundreds of people waiting at the evacuation points. Since they're only making a few trips it seems likely they were beaming up a few hundred at a time.
                            Or a skyscraper for that matter
                            Spoiler:
                            Ex Deus Machina
                            ?

Comment

Asgard, because it was made in the late 1990 verus the early 1970s...

Comment

Working...
                              X