This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
    what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..
    In Grace Under Pressure, the cloak on the PJ wrapped around the 2 jumpers and went level with the sea floor so there was no water so maybe the shielf around atlantis did the same when it was down below.

Another slightly off topic, what is the spire that points down into the sea on the city? have a look next time you watch atlantis. its almost like a mirror reflection
    Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
    MSN: [email protected]
    feel free to add me on either

Comment

I would like to see new ship, but I don't want the SG universe to be changed into an ST show. It seems so that the stargates are only a forgotten part of the set and they don't use it enough. I want more exploring without ships.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
        what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..
        Quite simply because all of the ships are SPACEships they have to be completely air tight to avoid decompression in the vacuum of space. So to me that makes it quite unnecessary for them to shield the bottom of atlantis. When you have a ship here floating on top of water there is no reason to shield the bottom of it, the ships buoyancy (sp?) holds it above the water, just as I would imagine, Atlantis.

As for when it was on the bottom we don't even know how it was being held to the ocean floor so who knows, the shield itself could have had something to do with it.

Comment

My first thought on the matter is that we'll eventualy find an Ancient ship that is capable of hyperspace flight on a scale of the Asgard's ships in our good ol milky way galaxy. Since Atlantis was under siege it would have been nearly impossible to land a ship of any size on the Atlantis planet, so they may have just took the old fashioned route, and flew to Earth.

Comment

I would like to see them find a hanger full of ships, and all kinds of ships . Find a planet where they where building the ships , couse we all know tthat they couldnt do it on ATLATIS ( it was a base not a ships post or building for constucting them) have them find like f5 or 6 fully built ships and a fleet of jumpers that they could use . maybe find it to the end of the season 3 .

Comment

Maybe we can steal a Wraith Hive Ship!!!!
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Stealing a hive ship would be intersting.
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Getting into it would be interesting! How would you go about that? they're f****** huge lol
                  Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                  MSN: [email protected]
                  feel free to add me on either

Comment

mabey they get a Wraith killing virus inside and have the asgard help in taking down the shields
                    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

That would def be interesting but I thought the Wraith ships suffer from a Weak hyper drive plus they are about 10,000 years old in the series most of them hav'nt been properly repaired since the Ancients left.

Matt

Rhyddid Ar gyfer Cymru

Comment

Getting a Wraith ship would be fascinating... maybe find one that's still in hybernation, or one where the Wraith abandoned ship for whatever reason...

Whatever the case, they wouldn't be able to keep it.
                        Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

Well!

I hope that we find some sort of factory that was building an Aurora class battlecruiser but the ship is uncompleted. As in it doesn't have engines yet, but has shields and weapons.

Would be good enough since we already have a nice understanding on engines already.
                          Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

the ancient couldnt have possibly taken all their ships back with them. they probably left some on planets without gates for safety reasons. but i dont understand how they would get the ppl on the carriers in space into atlantis in the water. so there should be a hangar of ancient ships in the MW. maybe will help with the ori
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

the ancients did leave some the fact of the Orion. If a ship had the weaker hyperdrive like the aurora it is logical thta the crew would have returned to Atlantis through a gate when the recall was given or landed the vessel, cloaked it and gated back to the milky way galaxy like stepping stones.

Hiding a ship under water, within a gas giant, nebula etc...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RyantheGreat
                                Getting a Wraith ship would be fascinating... maybe find one that's still in hybernation, or one where the Wraith abandoned ship for whatever reason...

Whatever the case, they wouldn't be able to keep it.
                                All wraith were awaken when the queen was killed in rising so that is impossible.

And a hiveship that was abandoned was probably abandonded for a reason...

I think we shouldn't get more ancient ships because we are supposed to be a small force who in the end will beat the wraith with cool weapons we find
                                If we have a ship it establishes a more permanent power instead of a weapon we use once to kill all wraith (or something like that)
                                error: signature not found

Comment

Working...
                                X