Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Second Lieutenant AtlantisForever's Avatar

Default Other Ancient WarShip's

there must be more Ancient WarShip's what were out there fighting the Wraith but had to Escape when they got a transmishion from the High Council to return to Atlantis so they can Evacuate. there must be more Ancient WarShip's In the hiding or in Hanger's like the Orion in Inferno

Lieutenant Colonel freyr's mother's Avatar

Default Re: Other Ancient WarShip's

There probably are but TPTB arent going to give us another one for some time, if not; ever.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Hmmn, possibly.

You have to remember that the ancients and the wraith were at war, and it stands to reason that most of the ancients ships would have been destroyed by the wraith in battles.

We have already seen two (Aroura and Orion). If the Ancients had more warships then they would have kept fighting the wraith rather than leaving Pegasus, IMO.

Both the Aurora and the Orion had been badly damaged in battle. The Aurora was left floating around in space with no life support or weapons, and the Orion had been parked in a hanger probably awaiting repairs when they left for Earth.

So im not expecting to see a fleet of ancient warships anytime soon, but i guess its up to tptb to decide.

when the story calls of more there will be more

I think it would be pretty nice if we found a working Warship. It's possible that after a while they just hid their ships and left to Atlantis (by stargate or ride)

I dont think we'll find anymore Aurora class ships, but I think we'll find out about some huge bad ass destroyer the Atlantians were working on and had to leave...and we'll go find it, get it, use it for abit...then see it go boom.
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

I do not think other Ancient ships are needed. They already have the best Ancient ship : Atlantis.
    Spoiler:
    And I hope Atlantis will fly in "The Real World", when the Asurans come to destroy the city-mothership.
    (Spoiler for "Progeny" / "The Real World")

Quote Originally Posted by Aither
    I do not think other Ancient ships are needed. They already have the best Ancient ship : Atlantis.
    Spoiler:
    And I hope Atlantis will fly in "The Real World", when the Asurans come to destroy the city-mothership.
    (Spoiler for "Progeny" / "The Real World")
    would be cool but i thought the City cannot fly because of the power needed / the Hyperdrive / Engine's are flooded while the city has been sitting on the ocean floor for over 10 Thounsand year's

Chief Master Sergeant

what gives you the idea that the engines are flooded, hyperdrive is broken?

Atlantis was protected by a shield for that full 10.000 years it was on the ocean floor

Quote Originally Posted by metroid
    what gives you the idea that the engines are flooded, hyperdrive is broken?

Atlantis was protected by a shield for that full 10.000 years it was on the ocean floor
    what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..

There's a possibility that more Alteran waships could be found. Although, we've had quite a lot in the what? 40 episodes already.
    -Atlantis
    -Aurara
    -The Tower (the rest was burried)
    -The Hypopheralcus (the Orion )
    -And there's going to be the Asuran, Atlantis like ship (or possibly ships, plural!)

So thats 4 ships in 40 episodes meaning 1 per 10 episodes on average!
    Plus with the Asuran ship/s it'd be more! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet
    There's a possibility that more Alteran waships could be found. Although, we've had quite a lot in the what? 40 episodes already.
    -Atlantis
    -Aurara
    -The Tower (the rest was burried)
    -The Hypopheralcus (the Orion )
    -And there's going to be the Asuran, Atlantis like ship (or possibly ships, plural!)

So thats 4 ships in 40 episodes meaning 1 per 10 episodes on average!
    Plus with the Asuran ship/s it'd be more! Yay!
    yes true m8 but would be awsome to find a Battle WarShip or a Destroyer WarShip

Uncertain Re: Other Ancient WarShip's

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantisForever
    ... a Battle WarShip or a Destroyer WarShip
    Is there a difference? My Warship knowledge is a little limited (in the relms of non-fiction). Is one stronger than the other or what?... I'm sorta confused when it comes to this...

Edit- thanks for clearing it up rarocks24, I'l give you some green.
    Last edited by The Prophet; March 11th, 2006 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet
    Is there a difference? My Warship knowledge is a little limited (in the relms of non-fiction). Is one stronger than the other or what?... I'm sorta confused when it comes to this...
    A Battleship is quite large, a destroyer is small. A destroyer is also the gruntforce of any navy. Quick, efficient, it's why they've basically done away with Battleships in favor carriers.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Chief Master Sergeant

what makes you think that the sheild can protect the city from water on the ocean floor / the ocean surface?

1. How can the city be held in the Ocean floor with the Sheild Protecting the whole bottem of atlantis.

2. and how would the float on the surface of the ocean with the sheild... they could have sheild around the water.. but jammed but i would of thought it would of sank..
    Let me put it this way, unless it was said in the show that the engines are flooded, they are not flooded.

In Grace Under Pressure, the cloak on the PJ wrapped around the 2 jumpers and went level with the sea floor so there was no water so maybe the shielf around atlantis did the same when it was down below.

Another slightly off topic, what is the spire that points down into the sea on the city? have a look next time you watch atlantis. its almost like a mirror reflection

I would like to see new ship, but I don't want the SG universe to be changed into an ST show. It seems so that the stargates are only a forgotten part of the set and they don't use it enough. I want more exploring without ships.

Arrow2 Re: Other Ancient WarShip's

Quite simply because all of the ships are SPACEships they have to be completely air tight to avoid decompression in the vacuum of space. So to me that makes it quite unnecessary for them to shield the bottom of atlantis. When you have a ship here floating on top of water there is no reason to shield the bottom of it, the ships buoyancy (sp?) holds it above the water, just as I would imagine, Atlantis.

As for when it was on the bottom we don't even know how it was being held to the ocean floor so who knows, the shield itself could have had something to do with it.

My first thought on the matter is that we'll eventualy find an Ancient ship that is capable of hyperspace flight on a scale of the Asgard's ships in our good ol milky way galaxy. Since Atlantis was under siege it would have been nearly impossible to land a ship of any size on the Atlantis planet, so they may have just took the old fashioned route, and flew to Earth.

I would like to see them find a hanger full of ships, and all kinds of ships . Find a planet where they where building the ships , couse we all know tthat they couldnt do it on ATLATIS ( it was a base not a ships post or building for constucting them) have them find like f5 or 6 fully built ships and a fleet of jumpers that they could use . maybe find it to the end of the season 3 .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast