No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ment Coombs no he isn't in Avenger 2.0 but Felger is in it. Too bad Coombs isn't in it would have been funny. By accident zatting a Jaffa !!
    Lord Zedd

Comment

I enjoyed this one, though I imagine there were people out there who found Felger too much to take.

Mind you, I also found myself wanting to smack him in the gob a lot purely because he is such a kiss-ass. But the stars in his eyes are so massive he can't see past them and realise that he's making a total prat of himself.

I thought the end scene was so neatly done, though. The ceremony and presentation had a plausible air to them. Even the moment when Jack shook hands with Felger and Coombs didn't interfere with that sense that it was actually happening (after all, Jack's man enough to admit when he's wrong about someone, isn't he?).

Then we had the the snog, of course. And what a snog it was! It's at this point that I thought 'excuse me????' and then Felger was yanked back to reality again. Aha! It was a daydream!

Bless.

Or Bleargh.

Take your pick.
      sigpic

Comment

till season 6 epi 8 - The BEST comedy episode ever. period

Comment

Loved this one, especially the many tie-ins/jokes regarding Star Trek. Coombs=Jeffrey Coombs, and of course the mentions during it, and the red shirt comment.

I too wish they had made it clearer that only the end was the fantasy.

Comment

The end of the ceremony, with carter kissing felger was priceless and sooooo cliché with the slow motion and all

Comment

not his is a funny Ep

Comment

I LOVED this episode. It's on my top 10 list for sure. Up there with Window of Opp. and Urgo! Half the time I was annoyed with it and the other half I was laughing at the tv (got weird looks from my sis too...^_^). Felger is a character I love to hate. He's such a suck up that I just wanted to reach into the screen and throttle him! As for the ending scene i was watching it throughly disgusted and with my mouth hanging open. I'm a huge S/J shipper (obviously) but I was happy to find out that, that part was a dream. I think that the whole episode was real except the ending ceremony. Also in the Avenger 2.0 after I realized that the Sam/Cleo fighting sequence was a dream also I laughed hysterically. Jack's face was priceless when he shushed Felger!

Comment

I loved this episode too. Without Coombs,, Felger would be (and indeed is) hard to take, but the way Coombs keeps slapping him down is great. I enjoyed the little Star Trak references, but the best bit was Coombs being sick in front of the Jaffa. Classic. It was funny, it was clever, Jack had some great one-liners. But for me Coombs is the star.

Comment

Originally posted by Sha're
                    I loved this episode too. Without Coombs,, Felger would be (and indeed is) hard to take, but the way Coombs keeps slapping him down is great. I enjoyed the little Star Trak references, but the best bit was Coombs being sick in front of the Jaffa. Classic. It was funny, it was clever, Jack had some great one-liners. But for me Coombs is the star.
                    I agree. I hear we probably won't see Felger in S9 (not a problem for me) but in a way I wouldn't mind seeing Coombs again.

Comment

Two Words

Loved it!

Comment

damn, why did i share the dreams i have with the writing crew on staragte. lol

Comment

hilarious episode!, i was luaghing alot but it was depressing at times with how stupid those guys were in their Jaffa outfits with bullit holes...lol...good thing they came though...Jack sure did have some good things to say
                          "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

A brilliant episode along the lines of Rosencrantz and Guildenstein or " No-one ever thinks of the henchmen ". Love the line saying they may have well have have worn red jumpers. Bit navel gazing but great all the same.

Comment

i love this ep but i dont see why khonsu didnt just activate his personal shield he would have been able to live ohwell i guess evil always has to have the advantage
                              if you immediatly know the candle light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago: oma desala stargate sg-1

Comment

I absolutely LOVE this ep. I watch it often - whenever I need comic relief, its this or Window of Opportunity or Urgo (although The Curse has some moments as well). But definitely this is my favorite comedic ep of Stargate. Anyway, one of the memorable lines for me is "I don't see how can you call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"

and butt-snorkeling.

I laugh out loud at this ep and I RARELY laugh out loud at TV
                                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Working...
                                X