No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely love this episode - laugh-out-loud funny and one of my favorites of all time. Of course most of my favorites are the funny ones . . .

But I just thought this one was great . . . when mum and I watched it together we could not stop laughing . . . and it still makes me laugh to this day.

~Sarah
    Call me Sarah . . .
    • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
    • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
    • Trek forever!

Comment

Too many funny quotes to mention and the acting was pretty good as well. I enjoyed the storyline as well has to be one of my best episodes.
      And they fitted in with SG1 quite well...which was odd. Shame they did'nt have more episodes like this.

Comment

A Fantastic Episode. Funniest of all of season 6.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I just got to see this one, it's soo funny! Felger being the hero. loved it when Felger and Coombs were going down the hallway (after coming out of the ventilators!) of the ship and Felger's swinging his gun around taking point (it's what I would do) and Coombs tells him to quit it yet again.
          And the last scene! Good way to finish, with his day dream.
          "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
            Loved this one, especially the many tie-ins/jokes regarding Star Trek. Coombs=Jeffrey Coombs, and of course the mentions during it, and the red shirt comment.
            I dunno if this was mentioned on this thread already or not, but the actor who played Coombs also played Doctor Phlox on Star Trek: Enterprise (I didn't know it until my third time seeing the episode). I can't recall if Enterprise was around when this episode first aired, though, but it's a strange coincidence nonetheless.

Personal favorite quote from “The Other Guys”:
            “You ended that sentence with a preposition!” — Colonel Jack O'Neill
            And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Yes, I love this episode! It's just so damn funny when O'Neill makes jokes even when he's captured. His expression at the end before he escaped through the stargate was priceless! That jaffa must have been damnnnnn pissed...

Comment

Great episode, very funny

Comment

I loved all the trek references.....hope we get to see the other guy opposite felger return in the future

Comment

Did anyone else notice the Klingon Bat'leth in the throne room? I thought that was cool, excessively since they mention "red-shirts" and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezzador
                      Yes, I love this episode! It's just so damn funny when O'Neill makes jokes even when he's captured. His expression at the end before he escaped through the stargate was priceless! That jaffa must have been damnnnnn pissed...
                      Gotta love O'Neill. I'll miss his humor.

Comment

Total Mary-Sue fantasy, but very fun. ^__^

Comment

This was a fantastic episode. The Star Trek banter in the beginning had me rolling. Jack had some great lines, Felger bringing Coombs of all people, the ending a sentence with a preposition, the resume thing. My favorite part though came near the end and its only a small part but its little nuances that RDA does that make episodes for me. When Jack is about to go through the gate, as Herak is chasing them, he shrugs his shoulders to Herak just to piss him off. But Herak fires at Jack and the staff blast hits the side of the gate. Jack snaps out of his shrug and jumps through the gate like the great sarcastic bad ass that he is, waving as he goes by.

Oops, I ended that sentence with a preposition.
                          Last edited by skeezix; 11 March 2006, 03:11 PM.
                          "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

If I followed that up with what Jack finishes the 'preposition' quote with, I'd probably break forum rules, so I won't.

Have to agree - I really enjoyed this episode, though Felger was such a total and utter floorcrawling fanboy that I regularly wanted to thwack him with the nearest available copy of the Star Trek Omnipedia...
                            sigpic

Comment

i really liked this EP, it had me laughing so much. combes, and felger, are really good together, and made the show seem soo kool.

Comment

I just loved all the girly bickering between them. They were like a couple of kiddies, and it was great fun to see them getting in the way. As for Felger's little 'daydream' at the end...

Talk about choking on a cuppa tea!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X