No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wasn't a dream episode. It ended with a daydream, yes, but the episode was real.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      This wasn't a dream episode. It ended with a daydream, yes, but the episode was real.

Seaboe
      Hmm really, that wasn't the way I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
        Hmm really, that wasn't the way I saw it.
        If I remember rightly, some of the stuff in this episode is referenced in a later ep, meaning the majority of it actually did happen.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I have always enjoyed the episodes with Felger. Many of us have encountered a Felger along the road somewhere in life. A well meaning geek that most people make fun of, but who has a heart of gold and tries really hard. These were the kind of guys that sometimes followed me around in High school, cause I could never be nasty to them or make fun of them the way other people did. I appreciated them for the cards they were dealt. Guess I have a soft spot for Felger too.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Did the actor who played felger (or coombs) ever show up in other (Non sg1) eps as someone else?

Comment

You mean in Stargate, or on other shows?

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

One giggle-worthy episode that's for sure.

"Geek!" - "Nerd!"

Felger and Combs, the funniest scientists ever. And they meant well... just have bad timing. Although in the end they obviously come in handy after all.

This is just such a fun episode. Lots of Star Trek references with the Klingon batleth behind the throne the icing on the proverbial cake. Whoever came up with that idea... I like.

I'm glad to know Felger will be back.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, god, I was in fits throughout this episode. I nearly lost it when Felger and Coombs dressed up as Jaffa.

My only gripe would be that Coombs was way too loud in all of the scenes where they were sneaking around. I probably would have resorted to punching him if he didn't quiet down after repeated attempts of telling him to.

Anyway, definitely one of my favorite episodes overall. Can't believe I forgot about this one. Then again, I've forgotten most of SG-1 oops.
                  rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

These 2 sure showed the bumbling scientist type casting well.

Comment

Among my favourites, because I like Felger, he is cute somehow and very brave although he doesn't have a plan, he doesn't know anything about military tactics, he doesn't know about weapons but he survives - reverse Darwinism at its finest!!!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

This was such a fun episode to watch. The Star Wars ending was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                          This was such a fun episode to watch. The Star Wars ending was priceless.
                          This was actually better the second time through for me. Very enjoyable watch as I had forgotten how it all unravelled. Some good sci-fi references

Originally posted by balo View Post
                          Felger: I brought Coombs with me!
                          O'Neill: Oh look every body: He's GOT COOMBS WITH HIM!
                          I think this is a precursor to the Dr. Beckett joke in Atlantis

Comment

I feel like I'm the only (in)sane viewer in the galaxy...I can't stand this episode or Felcher. I laughed a few times at O'Neill and I get that this was meant to be a light episode, but it was just torture for me. As another poster said it seems to knock SG1 down a few pegs when two bumbling (soldier) idiots can rescue them. I also wanted to shut Coombs up the entire time. I wish the whole thing was a dream...it just doesn't feel like SG1 reality, even compared to other comedic episodes like Urgo, Wormhole Xtreme and Window of Opportunity.

But as bad as this is for me Avengers is 10 times worse.

Ok I'll end my rant and hurry on to rewatching the next ep.
                            Last edited by Late2theGate; 08 October 2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Maybe you are taking this one too seriously - I liked it very, very much and I don't think it decreases SG1's position.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Even viewing it the second time around, knowing it was supposed to be a humorous episode, did not help. The style as I said just didn't fit the show, IMO. It was trying too hard to be funny in a rather serious situation.

To each their own. Good that lots of people enjoy it but I'm definitely skipping it next time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X