Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Other Guys (608)

If you ment Coombs no he isn't in Avenger 2.0 but Felger is in it. Too bad Coombs isn't in it would have been funny. By accident zatting a Jaffa !!
    Lord Zedd

I enjoyed this one, though I imagine there were people out there who found Felger too much to take.

Mind you, I also found myself wanting to smack him in the gob a lot purely because he is such a kiss-ass. But the stars in his eyes are so massive he can't see past them and realise that he's making a total prat of himself.

I thought the end scene was so neatly done, though. The ceremony and presentation had a plausible air to them. Even the moment when Jack shook hands with Felger and Coombs didn't interfere with that sense that it was actually happening (after all, Jack's man enough to admit when he's wrong about someone, isn't he?).

Then we had the the snog, of course. And what a snog it was! It's at this point that I thought 'excuse me????' and then Felger was yanked back to reality again. Aha! It was a daydream!

Bless.

Or Bleargh.

Take your pick.

till season 6 epi 8 - The BEST comedy episode ever. period

Loved this one, especially the many tie-ins/jokes regarding Star Trek. Coombs=Jeffrey Coombs, and of course the mentions during it, and the red shirt comment.

I too wish they had made it clearer that only the end was the fantasy.

The end of the ceremony, with carter kissing felger was priceless and sooooo cliché with the slow motion and all

not his is a funny Ep

Earth Symbol Re: The Other Guys (608)

I LOVED this episode. It's on my top 10 list for sure. Up there with Window of Opp. and Urgo! Half the time I was annoyed with it and the other half I was laughing at the tv (got weird looks from my sis too...^_^). Felger is a character I love to hate. He's such a suck up that I just wanted to reach into the screen and throttle him! As for the ending scene i was watching it throughly disgusted and with my mouth hanging open. I'm a huge S/J shipper (obviously) but I was happy to find out that, that part was a dream. I think that the whole episode was real except the ending ceremony. Also in the Avenger 2.0 after I realized that the Sam/Cleo fighting sequence was a dream also I laughed hysterically. Jack's face was priceless when he shushed Felger!

I loved this episode too. Without Coombs,, Felger would be (and indeed is) hard to take, but the way Coombs keeps slapping him down is great. I enjoyed the little Star Trak references, but the best bit was Coombs being sick in front of the Jaffa. Classic. It was funny, it was clever, Jack had some great one-liners. But for me Coombs is the star.

Quote Originally Posted by Sha're
    I loved this episode too. Without Coombs,, Felger would be (and indeed is) hard to take, but the way Coombs keeps slapping him down is great. I enjoyed the little Star Trak references, but the best bit was Coombs being sick in front of the Jaffa. Classic. It was funny, it was clever, Jack had some great one-liners. But for me Coombs is the star.
    I agree. I hear we probably won't see Felger in S9 (not a problem for me) but in a way I wouldn't mind seeing Coombs again.

Two Words

Loved it!

damn, why did i share the dreams i have with the writing crew on staragte. lol

Second Lieutenant ApophisOfTheStargateRealm's Avatar

hilarious episode!, i was luaghing alot but it was depressing at times with how stupid those guys were in their Jaffa outfits with bullit holes...lol...good thing they came though...Jack sure did have some good things to say
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Probie Relatively Minor Goa'uld's Avatar

A brilliant episode along the lines of Rosencrantz and Guildenstein or " No-one ever thinks of the henchmen ". Love the line saying they may have well have have worn red jumpers. Bit navel gazing but great all the same.

i love this ep but i dont see why khonsu didnt just activate his personal shield he would have been able to live ohwell i guess evil always has to have the advantage
    if you immediatly know the candle light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago: oma desala stargate sg-1

First Lieutenant WhatFateAlmondRoca's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE this ep. I watch it often - whenever I need comic relief, its this or Window of Opportunity or Urgo (although The Curse has some moments as well). But definitely this is my favorite comedic ep of Stargate. Anyway, one of the memorable lines for me is "I don't see how can you call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"

and butt-snorkeling.

I laugh out loud at this ep and I RARELY laugh out loud at TV
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

I absolutely love this episode - laugh-out-loud funny and one of my favorites of all time. Of course most of my favorites are the funny ones . . .

But I just thought this one was great . . . when mum and I watched it together we could not stop laughing . . . and it still makes me laugh to this day.

~Sarah
    Call me Sarah . . .

• Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )

• Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters

• Trek forever!

Too many funny quotes to mention and the acting was pretty good as well. I enjoyed the storyline as well has to be one of my best episodes.
    And they fitted in with SG1 quite well...which was odd. Shame they did'nt have more episodes like this.

A Fantastic Episode. Funniest of all of season 6.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

I just got to see this one, it's soo funny! Felger being the hero. loved it when Felger and Coombs were going down the hallway (after coming out of the ventilators!) of the ship and Felger's swinging his gun around taking point (it's what I would do) and Coombs tells him to quit it yet again.
    And the last scene! Good way to finish, with his day dream.
    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Chief Master Sergeant KairezLightkeeper's Avatar

Wink Re: The Other Guys (608)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn
    Loved this one, especially the many tie-ins/jokes regarding Star Trek. Coombs=Jeffrey Coombs, and of course the mentions during it, and the red shirt comment.
    I dunno if this was mentioned on this thread already or not, but the actor who played Coombs also played Doctor Phlox on Star Trek: Enterprise (I didn't know it until my third time seeing the episode). I can't recall if Enterprise was around when this episode first aired, though, but it's a strange coincidence nonetheless.

Personal favorite quote from “The Other Guys”:
    “You ended that sentence with a preposition!” — Colonel Jack O'Neill
    And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast