Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Probie

Teal'c Is 10 the final season?

i have heard many rumors thats season 10 will b the final season ... is this true

Default Re: final season

No one knows. We will not know until November, when we find out if it gets renewed or not. Please, use the search engine or do some research first next time.

It better not be, or many may die.

if it does end atleast we'll have the occasional crossover maybe and maybe daniel would come to atlantis permanetly. what color would he be designated? Red maybe?

Season 5 was supposed to be the final season, and look what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgundam5
    i have heard many rumors thats season 10 will b the final season ... is this true

I doubt it.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatcheter
    Season 5 was supposed to be the final season, and look what happened.
    Exactly! Personally, I feel that this show still has a lot of life left in it. I think there are still many good stories left to be told.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

What it boils down to is ratings. If the show keeps hovering around 1.8-2.0 rating...it will last a while longer.

At the moment the ratings for this season are ALOT better than the ratings for season six, that was the last time we had big cast change, and the ratings were terrible. They picked up alot in season seven though. So far season nine has done alot better than season six, and if previous trends continue season ten should have some of the best ratings yet. (Hopefully) Season six was supposed to be the end (wasnt it?) so was 5, 7, 8 etc... you never know at this point. With the new enemy it is like a tottaly new show, and it deserves more seasons IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man
    Exactly! Personally, I feel that this show still has a lot of life left in it. I think there are still many good stories left to be told.
    This show NOW begins to live and there is a HUGE amount of great stories left to be told now, when Vala entered the scene!

Quote Originally Posted by Formerhost
    This show NOW begins to live and there is a HUGE amount of great stories left to be told now, when Vala entered the scene!
    Incorrect, Vala will be the downfall of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by SGFerrit
    At the moment the ratings for this season are ALOT better than the ratings for season six, that was the last time we had big cast change, and the ratings were terrible. They picked up alot in season seven though. So far season nine has done alot better than season six, and if previous trends continue season ten should have some of the best ratings yet. (Hopefully) Season six was supposed to be the end (wasnt it?) so was 5, 7, 8 etc... you never know at this point. With the new enemy it is like a tottaly new show, and it deserves more seasons IMHO
    Yeah Full Circle was supposed to end the series. Its why they went back and fought Anubis at Abydos.
    Of course the ratings were worse for season six. Why? because of there being no Daniel Jackson. The most beloved character.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Quote Originally Posted by npattis
    Incorrect, Vala will be the downfall of the show.
    In your opinion. Personally I think she will ruin the show if she acts how she did in Avalon-Beachhead and Crusade, but they will likely tone her chaacter down (its such a shame, CB has great skills to work with, but the character is just too OTT to work long-term)

I think S11 will happen, as will SGA S4, but after that, who knows, though I can see SGA getting S5. There will be no info on it unless sci fi decide before november that it wont et S11, but i dont see it happening.

No body knows, every season since 5 was going to be the last, dont jump the gun, S9 is still running for one more week (dunno about canada but in the UK and USA it has 1 week)
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Quote Originally Posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    In your opinion. Personally I think she will ruin the show if she acts how she did in Avalon-Beachhead and Crusade, but they will likely tone her chaacter down (its such a shame, CB has great skills to work with, but the character is just too OTT to work long-term)

I think S11 will happen, as will SGA S4, but after that, who knows, though I can see SGA getting S5. There will be no info on it unless sci fi decide before november that it wont et S11, but i dont see it happening.

No body knows, every season since 5 was going to be the last, dont jump the gun, S9 is still running for one more week (dunno about canada but in the UK and USA it has 1 week)
    It's going to probably surprise you a little bit, but majority of Vala (early season episodes) haters completely fell in love with her after Crusade. She was toned very much much in this episode, that's perfectly enough for season 10.

It's going to probably surprise you a little bit, but majority of Vala (early season episodes) haters completely fell in love with her after Crusade. She was toned very much much in this episode, that's perfectly enough for season 10.
    Indeed, I already liked her, but I thought she was excellent in this episode

Now, how on earth would you know that the majority of Vala-early-seson-episode-haters fell completely in love with her after Crusade? It's a vast viewing audience and I really doubt whether anyone knows what the majority of Vala haters feel. If you're arriving at this conclusion based on what you read on-line, please remember they/we are just a tiny fraction of the viewing audience and don't speak for the whole.

Jeez, hello massive generalization. Replace "haters" with "didn't like her character" (hate is such a wasted emotion on a fictional character) and "completely fell in love with her" with "relieved that she acted like an adult and didn't do anything cringe-worthy for a change" and you've described my reaction to a tee.

On topic, we won't know if season 10 is the last for SG1 until SciFi announces renewal decisions. It happened around November last year, but apparently varies quite a bit.

...season 10 will b the final season..?
    - as was season9
    - as was season8
    - as was season7
    - as was season6
    - as was season5
    - as was season4
    - as was season3......

Even tho earth is light years ahead of in terms of knowledge and tech from 9yrs ago......it should still take atleast a few seasons to defeat the Ori ( and who knows after that? )

Lets hope the PTB (the ones with the money) renew it.
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Chief Master Sergeant stargate maniack's Avatar

if you think of it it would be kinda weird to be the last season....because they had such a hard time defeating the goa'uld(and it took them a lot of time) and they were nothing compared to ascended beings....it would be stupid of them to defeat the Ori so fast don't you think?

it would totally suck...

i don't think they're gonna find merlin's weapon so fast like they did with atlantis(when they had to defeat anubis etc....)

i don't think s10 will be the last season(hope not)....

Chief Master Sergeant camulus13's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: final season

Quote Originally Posted by ajgundam5
    stargates gotten too popular. it will most likley have a good numbered season like Law and Order.