This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Formerhost
    It's going to probably surprise you a little bit, but majority of Vala (early season episodes) haters completely fell in love with her after Crusade. She was toned very much much in this episode, that's perfectly enough for season 10.
    Now, how on earth would you know that the majority of Vala-early-seson-episode-haters fell completely in love with her after Crusade? It's a vast viewing audience and I really doubt whether anyone knows what the majority of Vala haters feel. If you're arriving at this conclusion based on what you read on-line, please remember they/we are just a tiny fraction of the viewing audience and don't speak for the whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      It's going to probably surprise you a little bit, but majority of Vala (early season episodes) haters completely fell in love with her after Crusade. She was toned very much much in this episode, that's perfectly enough for season 10.
      Jeez, hello massive generalization. Replace "haters" with "didn't like her character" (hate is such a wasted emotion on a fictional character) and "completely fell in love with her" with "relieved that she acted like an adult and didn't do anything cringe-worthy for a change" and you've described my reaction to a tee.

On topic, we won't know if season 10 is the last for SG1 until SciFi announces renewal decisions. It happened around November last year, but apparently varies quite a bit.

Comment

...season 10 will b the final season..?
        - as was season9
        - as was season8
        - as was season7
        - as was season6
        - as was season5
        - as was season4
        - as was season3......

Even tho earth is light years ahead of in terms of knowledge and tech from 9yrs ago......it should still take atleast a few seasons to defeat the Ori ( and who knows after that? )

Lets hope the PTB (the ones with the money) renew it.
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

if you think of it it would be kinda weird to be the last season....because they had such a hard time defeating the goa'uld(and it took them a lot of time) and they were nothing compared to ascended beings....it would be stupid of them to defeat the Ori so fast don't you think?

it would totally suck...

i don't think they're gonna find merlin's weapon so fast like they did with atlantis(when they had to defeat anubis etc....)

i don't think s10 will be the last season(hope not)....
          http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ajgundam5
            i have heard many rumors thats season 10 will b the final season ... is this true
            stargates gotten too popular. it will most likley have a good numbered season like Law and Order.
            your new guide to stargate news.
            www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
            www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Oh, I'm sure that Stargate will be re-newed, bat as Skydiver has said many times-- it won't be as SG-1.

TPTB will be able to call it a different name, TNG, Command, Agency, ... etc.

But who knows. Also will the Big 3, after 10 years of their professional lives, will they be up for another year. I, and again this is my own opinion, I would like to see MS, AT, and CJ write/direct/appear in their own projects.

YMMV

Comment

Stargate has a rare format that could afford to allow the show to stay on the air a very long time. And these factors are:

1. There's always going to be a Stargate on Earth (barring some terrible disaster like when Anubis destroyed the U.S.'s gate or a gate being enveloped in lava as in Atlantis' "Inferno.").

2. The U.S., the Russian Republic, China and all the other societies of this world will ALWAYS have a military. And I assume that that even if the Stargate program is made public, the gate will still be in control of a global consortuim made up of Earth's various governments. Where there's a government, their respective militaries follow.

3. As with any military, change is certain and garaunteed. People are always enlisting and retiring from active service. So future Stargate teams will always change and cycle through many members.

4. And even though the world's people won't be able to agree on a single thing as far as the Stargate is concerned, it will be unanimously agreed upon that travel through the gate to always be open and active option.

5. There will NEVER be a time when Earth does NOT need the Stargate.

Therefore:

Stargate SG-1 has all the right combinations of plot points and social pertinance that could allow it to stay on the air indefinitely.
                Last edited by markaudette; 08 March 2006, 03:12 PM.

Comment

We will all just have to wait and see how the Vala character plays out. Maybe she will only be there for Season 10, we just don't know.

Comment

I am hoping they do not cancel the series. They just invented such a powerful new enemy that they will need at lease four seasons to defeat them,. Also their are so many stories to finish off it still could be hear in five years time. The other thing I say if they are going to cancel it what have they got replace it with, nothing that I have herd of.

Comment

It may be a tall order but if the producers, writing staff and production people are on their game (creatively speaking) and producing good material, then in theory, both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis have enough material to stay on the air practically forever.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                        We will all just have to wait and see how the Vala character plays out. Maybe she will only be there for Season 10, we just don't know.
                        Personally I'm hoping for Stargate: Vala spin-off after 10th season, she is so fascinating character and Claudia Black is doing such a great job with it, that they would be totally stupid to get rid of her

Comment

Originally posted by camulus13
                          stargates gotten too popular. it will most likley have a good numbered season like Law and Order.
                          I really don't know how popular the Stargate franchise is, but I wouldn't mind 16 seasons (at least).
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                            if it does end atleast we'll have the occasional crossover maybe and maybe daniel would come to atlantis permanetly. what color would he be designated? Red maybe?
                            Er... colour?

Comment

Personally I think the show should have finished at the end of season seven, when we still had hammond and Jack and not just Jack, but Jack as colonel and not general. I thought he sucked as a general, simply because he was just too attached to his team. He couldn't make command decisions.

Comment

The addition of mitchell for me was risky because they lost O'neill and gained Mitchell Landry and The Dr. with such a change all at once I was afraid of a jonas quinn all over again. But the transition worked very well. I think the addition created a new dynamic and feel for the show. Vala's turn to the good size only helped matters. These new changes almost gave it a renewed spirit capable of ongoing stories and intrest that could keep SG-1 around for a few more years. Dropping it in season ten (unless they do something terribly drastic like kill off all the original characters) would be crazy especially concidering how well the changes worked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X