This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death?

Not trying to be funny here or trying to stand up on the "high horse" thing but is it just me who feels that the SG1 (and the writers btw) show little "emotion" when shootin' everything up? YES, ok, maybe they're getting shot at by angry Jaffa etc, etc, but I would of thought the members, especially Daniel, would show more remorse (???) at shooting everyone up regardless if the cause is right or wrong ....I think it would be a interesting yet different theme to pick up on; Jack and T especially seem to be a corny version of Rambo...or is that just me?

Feel free to make any comment you wish....i'm probably talking a load of bulls*it as I just saw Fahrenheit 9/11 and I got me thinking about it... by the way, even though this is off-topic its a cool documentary (spelling?)
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

In war you kill people. You can't start to think about the enemy soldiers, cause then you hesitate and you endanger your own troops.

Simple as that.

Comment

And get killed...

Comment

You don't have to die, but the risk is greater yes.

Comment

All is fair in Love and War, and this is the latter.
          aAnubiSs is right, it comes with the job.
          You go in, kill anything that moves, and get out.
          I'm afraid that's the way it works.
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Well Carter got rather upset in "1st commandment" and O'Neill had that killing is wrong speech at the end.

Of course in self-defence or pro-active self-defences (As Killing those Jaffa before they go and try to kill you) its allright but even Jack doesn't go around killing defences people. (well unless he's really, really angry like in Red Sky)
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Good point...

Comment

Ofcourse you don't shoot people that isn't your enemy, or someone that has put down their weapon.

Although if they would make a zat that only stuns, no matter how many times you shoot them this question would be solved. Zat them, and go. Take their weapons on the way out.

This way they don't have to kill the Jaffa. The Jaffa are brainwashed / fed propaganda since birth. They aren't the real enemy. The Goa'uld are. If one kills the Goa'uld, the Jaffa have no choice but to adapt.

Comment

well the whole brainwashed/propaganda thing isnt enough for me....there were German soldiers that fought out of fear knowing what they were doing was wrong but then there were those sicko's that loved it and did bad things...some Jaffa are doing it out of fear and others enjoy it, like Anubis' guy(cant think of his name...something with an H right?) Teal'c had the courage to fight back but in war...it is kill or be killed and ask questions later...as Bratac said, "The Goa'ulds power is the Jaffa, they are nothing without us..." If the Jaffa truly wanted to be free, not counting the whole immune dependence, they could....just like soldiers who could have not fought for Hitler...sorry, a bit of a tangent....but to end, a soldiers job is not to reason why...a soldiers job is to do or die....something like that

Comment

Working...
                  X