No announcement yet.

Shadow Play (607)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is such a sad episode for Jonas. And also hit a little too close to home with the professor's all out vivid hallucinations. That scene at the end where Kieran sees the man from his imaginary resistance and Jonas looks a little dubious... yup, that's exactly right.

Anyway, the Kelonans are setting themselves up for mass destruction. Weapons of mass destruction don't bring peace, they bring destruction and death. In war, nobody wins cause in the end we all loose something. The capacity of the loss depending on the magnitude and scale of the conflict.

Politically, this is a very interesting episode cause we are telling the Kelonans to talk diplomacy. To share knowledge... and let that be something the US can't do themselves. So, that would be calling the kettle black right?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Easy to talk the game rather than play it eh..
      Then people with big bombs go mardy when other people that arent "friends" try to get big bombs to level the playing field suddenly everyones involved and you end up with trade blocks etc. hardly fair lol

Comment

At first I didn't like this episode but after we find out the doc is crazy I started to like it. However, after thinking about it more I don't like it because of the negatives already stated. This was a real roller coaster for me.

Getting into a little more what I didn't like at first was the bad acting. Once I learned the bad acting was the fake shadow play I thought it was a nice touch. Then the thief, glowing gun and absolute hypocrisy killed the episode for me in the end.

Comment

Quinn loyal to the Tauri, that fits. Nice dialogues, well-meant lying and hope for the future.
          I liked Quinn in this one very much, I think the writers did a good job in developing his character although some of you gaters here don't agree.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

I thought this was a fair episode. I loved the Jonas moments of conflict, and you could see how he truly cared for the professor. I think that the professor is quite brilliant to come up with the Resistance that was against all three governments--if only it really existed.

I didn't really feel bad about them taking the niquardria. Probably makes me a bad person.

Might doesn't make right, that is for sure.

Comment

Nope, still not a fan of the theme of the episode. Watching someone with auditory and visual hallucinations, and paranoia to boot, is literally so close to home that it makes me uncomfortable watching the episode. It gives me that unsettling feeling that I'd rather like to ignore -- when real life is reflected I'll take a pass. K, thx!

Anyhow, it's an interesting episode where we learn that Kelona cares more about killing people than talking diplomacy and saving their own, and others. It's a bit annoying that we never get to see the representatives of the other two nations, which makes it a copy of The Other Side -- less with the genocide though using a naquadria bomb probably ticks all the same boxes.

Command learned their lesson though so that's a positive note. And poor Jonas, naquadria continues to take everything he holds dear away from him one way or another.

How would you rate SG-1's "Shadow Play?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair -- not a fan of the episode. Was actually dreading to watch it, hence why it took me so long to do so.
              Poor
              Terrible

Comment

You didn't have to watch the show, especially if caused dread.

Comment

In a rewatch I like to watch the good and bad.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                    You didn't have to watch the show, especially if caused dread.
                    There are plenty more episodes that I don't like watching for different reasons but as with Demons in season 3 I will watch them at least once more and then, possibly, never again.

The Shrine in SGA is another one that hits really close to home (same person as with the hallucinations).

Comment

I have a hard time watching The Shrine as well because of my grandma's Altizhemiers
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ive got to disagree with FH on this one. To me this has nothing to do with a person losing their mind like the elderly do with dementia. This is a guy who is suffering from radiation poisoning. Ive never heard a person develop schziophrenia from radiation but that is another story. I actually like this one too see how Jonas interacts with Kelowna now that is no longer part of that world. Specifically how stupid they are but I imagine we were similar during our Cold War. I'll give it a good
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

3-episode quiz: Shadow Play, The Other Guys & Allegiance

Jigsaw puzzle: Shadow Play

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

That's a nice number -- rolls of the tongue.

Comment

9:21

Comment

Working...
                                X