The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
    Sharon Raydor is doing a pretty good job of becoming one of my faves!! she is so awesome!
    She was great and looked so sleek! But I miss Roslin, there's no getting over it. My friend had to talk me down off a ledge the other week after I watched that terrible last scene in Daybreak and started writing this:

He set down the raptor and sat for a while,
    He thought he could still see the ghost of a smile
    And the warmth in her limbs made it seem she was sleeping
    Though her breath had grown still and her heart had stopped beating.
    He never could know how long he‘d been there,
    How long he had wept as he fingered her hair,
    But the time had to come when her due must be done
    And he laid out her body as twilight was come.
    Her skin had gone cold and her lips had turned blue,
    There wasn’t much to her, her ribs showed right through.
    He took off her glasses and put them away,
    His heart full of bitterness at the disgrace
    Of the pain she’d endured and the losses she’d suffered,
    That she’d got them all here and herself received nothing.
    Once brimming with life she seemed miniscule now,
    He bathed her with care and, twice, kissed her brow
    Before dressing her fresh in her only good dress,
    The form-fitting fabric now swamping her flesh.
    An end to her pain was of some small relief
    But her lack of real life only sharpened his grief.

WAY depressing!! I'm just steering clear of season 4 entirely now, lol. And don't think I can finish this poem, it's just too painful. How do we get so attached to fictional characters?
    sigpic
    "Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

Spoiler:
      Laura got up and nearly ran down to the bathroom at the end of the hall. Leaning over the toilet bowl Laura let all the contents of last night's dinner come up. All of the knowledge was too much and just the thought of them digging up her body made her ill. Laura just sat back against the bottom cabinets and tried to breathe. First she meets Bill, who had been the love of her life, and now she had two known Cylons standing in her den telling her that they had resurrected her and Bill because they needed them to mediate between humans and Cylons. Fate had a terrible sense of humor and right now she was not laughing.

"Laura, are you ok?" Ellen knocked on the door jamb and sat next to the Former President.

"I doubt you would have dug me up without Bill knowing about it."

"It was Bill who..."

"No, I don't wanna know." Laura put the back of her left hand over her mouth and closed her eyes against images that flashed into her mind. Why her, and why now? What did she do to earn the wrath of the Gods or the fates for that matter?

"He wasn't the same man without you." Bill whispered. Laura looked up at him and smiled when she saw him in the door way.

"Bringing the both of you back was Bill's idea." Ellen said and stood up walking out of the room.

"Can we leave the mechanics of how you brought us back alone and just tell us why you did?" Laura asked and allowed Bill to pull her up from the floor. In all this she never slipped on a pair of pants or a robe. "But first I am going to get dressed."

Laura and Bill headed into the bedroom where she proceeded to pull out jeans and underwear. Slipping them on her pants Laura pulled off his shirt and grabbed a tank top so Bill would at least have something to wear. The whole Cylon thing was making her sick all over but she wasn't sure if she would have anything left to throw up. All of this was making her head hurt and Laura's only solace was in the knowledge that Bill was with her again. No matter how bad things got she would look at him and know that it wasn't the end of their world.

"Laura?" Bill made her name a question. Despite knowing her for only a day he knew what she as going through. In his past life he hated the Cylons then they became allies, his best friend was a Cylon. Bill got a flash of himself on the Rebel Baseship nine years after they had landed on Earth.

"Bill are you sure about this?" Saul asked just before Adama put his hand in the fluid. If he did this then his memories would be transferred to the Hybrids computer core so that they would be there when Saul and Ellen brought him back. When he came back he hoped that he would see Laura.

"Yes, I can't live without her." Bill said and stuck his hand in the fluid. For a moment nothing happened and then he felt it. Memories flashed behind his eyes and he saw Laura as she used to be, alive, and full of life. He needed her. Nine years without her had caused his heart to wither and die inside. Without Laura to breathe new life into him he all but let himself slowly die. When Saul came to him and told him of Ellen's plan he had done every thing in his power to make sure they had what they needed.

Bill knew they had brought Laura's body on board the Baseship but he couldn't see her, not like that. She had been his life and now she was nothing but a lifeless corpse in a lab on a Baseship. He had to remind himself that they were only doing this so they could bring her back as she was, free of cancer. She never deserved to die. Laura never got to see their cabin in the woods and she never got to see the view. When he couldn't sleep Bill would walk around the Baseship and remember Laura even as he passed Six's and Eight's. But the ones who he could easily pick out were Caprica and Sharon. In their own way they missed the president as well…

Bill came over to Laura and wrapped his arms around her waist. She sank back into him and he felt her body start to shake with unshed tears. This was too much for someone to take and they had to find out that they were Cylons. They were together and together they would be strong and get through this. "Never let me go." Laura whispered. She turned to him and bit her bottom lip to keep the trembling to a minimum.

This is from a story that I have where Roslin and Adama are now skin jobs living in the 21st century.
      Last edited by AresLover452; 19 July 2010, 07:05 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

And to think, I accused someone else of wishful thinking the other day... I hate to repeat myself. You do know that Laura would kill herself if she ended up a cylon though, don't you? Being the biggest cylon hater of them all. But what the hell, run with it!
        sigpic

Comment

It's just and A/U story that I had a while ago. Cavil is back and the remaining Cylons need the two people who defended the fleet before. That's how that came about.
          sigpic

Comment

I still look at Cavil and think Al! from Quantum Leap. Loved that program. Cavil's so evil though. He's been a bad bad boy! It would be terrifying if he hadn't been sucked into that blackhole. Dun-dun, dun-dun, dun dun dun dun! I'm feeling a little random tonight... Sorry.

Have you read the 'queen Roslin' thread? Heated debate over Roslin becoming president again after NC. She DID kind of seize power but I believe they (the civilian fleet) would have handed it to her anyway.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aphelionite View Post
              Have you read the 'queen Roslin' thread? Heated debate over Roslin becoming president again after NC. She DID kind of seize power but I believe they (the civilian fleet) would have handed it to her anyway.
              Adama would have strong armed Zarek until Tom handed power back over to roslin. Roslin is the only one Adama could "Work For" So to speak. One because he loved her! and Two she was his woman and they WORK really well together!
              sigpic

Comment

I would have been highly annoyed (to put it politely) if Roslin hadn't become president again! I'm with Adama! lol

Aww, you have a pic of Kevin Smith. Tragic what happened to him. LOVED him in Xena. Have every single ep of Xena. It's camp but I love it. At least one good fight in every ep.

And I've gone off-topic again. Sorry.
                sigpic

Comment

Roslin was the best choice for President, she knew what she had to do to keep the fleet safe and she knew how to handle Adama. She trusted him, loved him, and knew what it took to match his passion in arguments and loved joking with him.

Roslin; President for Life!

OT:

I loved Kevin Smith as Ares, loved Xena and I have all the episodes!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X