Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hazardass View Post
    Can't they just implant them with a symbiote and get whatever they want?
    We see from the initial episode, as well as the season 3 opener, that symbiotes can be quite picky about who they choose.

Plus, we are given numerous examples of goa'uld torturing prisoners. They may not need to torture for information, but they do it anyway.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

What's there to say about Abyss. It showcases the Jackson-O'Neill friendship on a whole new level with Daniel unable to do more than "be there" for Jack while Ba'al tortures the hell out of him. And it shows that with Jonas around, the team is still a very good cooperative unit as they work together to figure out where Kanan took O'Neill and what they were up to.

The play with gravity is interesting -- always keeping an eye out for which way the arrows are gonna point.

It's an okay episode. Not one I'm too fond of but it's enjoyable.

How would you rate SG-1's "Abyss?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible

****************EDIT

3-episode quiz: Frozen, Nightwalkers & Abyss

Jigsaw puzzle: Abyss
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 August 2018, 01:37 PM. Reason: Quiz + jigsaw link
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

10:45

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I like this episode for the introduction of Ba'al. Yes he was in Summit/Last Stand but I like this episode shows us how sadistic he is. I like his unique way of torturing Jack. You can see he loves breaking down Jack. The Daniel/Jack scenes are nice but mostly pointless
            We knew their was no way Jack was going to ascend. I give it a good
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

11:27

Comment

It's the Ba'al episode -- the start of a beautiful enemy-ship with stargate command.

Comment

Shooting / continuinty error :

When they show Jack in the sarcophagus for the first time, his Tok'ra outfit is in good condition, but as soon as the shadow of Baal was showed, it will have a hole in it, while his torture hasn't started yet.
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x06/01.jpg
                  http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x06/02.jpg
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

too bad they never did get baal to join them and rule the galaxy side by side... they could have had wierd looking pyramid ships AND awesome looking O'Neil and Jackson ships

Comment

6 minutes 26 seconds
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        Shooting / continuinty error :

When they show Jack in the sarcophagus for the first time, his Tok'ra outfit is in good condition, but as soon as the shadow of Baal was showed, it will have a hole in it, while his torture hasn't started yet.
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x06/01.jpg
                        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/6x06/02.jpg
                        Sarcophagii clearly come in many versions cause you have versions which fix clothing as well as physical damage and then you have models that only fix physical body damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Sarcophagii clearly come in many versions cause you have versions which fix clothing as well as physical damage and then you have models that only fix physical body damage.

Comment

Jigsaw time: 06:45 (and that with an ice-cold hand cause damn my dad turned off the heating)

Comment

Did your dad turn it off on purpose?

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                Did your dad turn it off on purpose?
                                He might have.
                                Cause when the heating is on in the extra room, there's less warmth in the rest of the house, so I suspect him cosying up in the living room meant I was either moving there with him or staying out in the cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X