No announcement yet.

Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot damn this was a good episode. Guest appearance by Daniel, Jack being put through the ringer big time. Jack's outfit looked goofy though. However, I'm glad they left the same clothes on him the entire episode, the bloodstains and the holes added to the effect. Ba'al is one mean sob, I can't decide what would be worse, the acid or the knives. Great character interaction for Jack and Daniel here. That Tok'ra guy can shove it, I hope he gets staff'd later in the season. Bring back Freya dammit, she would have wanted to get Jack back. >_>
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix
      Hot damn this was a good episode. Guest appearance by Daniel, Jack being put through the ringer big time. Jack's outfit looked goofy though. However, I'm glad they left the same clothes on him the entire episode, the bloodstains and the holes added to the effect. Ba'al is one mean sob, I can't decide what would be worse, the acid or the knives. Great character interaction for Jack and Daniel here. That Tok'ra guy can shove it, I hope he gets staff'd later in the season. Bring back Freya dammit, she would have wanted to get Jack back. >_>
      Great story and excellent acting - Abyss is one of the best.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

jack poor guy getting killed over and over and a great daniel epsiode

trying to help a friend
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have just been rewatching Season 6. I haven't seen some of these in a while. I forgot just how much I love Abyss. For all of the reasons many of you have posted! There is just something so wonderful about how Jack and Daniel interact with each other (thanks, I'm sure, to RDA's and MS's acting skills). They seem to be such great friends who will be there for each other, no matter what the situation. When Jack yells at Daniel, and Daniel just takes it cuz he knows his friend really needs him there. The O'Neill/Jackson interaction is much of the reason I was drawn into Stargate! It is the one thing I really miss.
          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Jack: "You're wrong about that too..." (Daniel looks at him, narrows his eyes inquisitively.) "I have another choice." (Daniel closes his eyes and shakes his head.)

Daniel: "What are you talking about?" (Jack looks at him, like" you know." Daniel shakes his head). "No."

Jack: "Any minute, they're gonna come. Ba'al is gonna kill me again. You can make it the last time."

Daniel: "Don't ask me to do that..."

Jack: "You can put an end to it..."

Daniel: "I won't do it..."

What's Jack asking Daniel to do? I thought Daniel couldn't interfere, maybe someone could explain this to me

Comment

i think jack wanted Daniel to kill him permanently thats why i understood it
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                i think jack wanted Daniel to kill him permanently thats why i understood it
                I think that is it too. I'm just not sure if Daniel could have or not without breaking the "rules" of Ascension.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yeah he wanted daniel to kill him
                  sigpic

Comment

I dont' think he was implying daniel should kill him, I think he was implying daniel should free him.

Comment

Originally posted by pRyvvik
                      I dont' think he was implying daniel should kill him, I think he was implying daniel should free him.
                      Why would he refuse to do it then? He was already willing to break the rules by helping him ascend, why would he not be willing to break the rules to free him?

Anyway, I always assumed that he was implying to kill him.

Comment

I also believe he was asking for help to escape.

As for why would he not help when he is already going to help him ascend...I think the ancients would have a much bigger problem with Daniel killing him then helping him ascend.

Comment

I didn't understand that scene at all, I thought I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                            Why would he refuse to do it then? He was already willing to break the rules by helping him ascend, why would he not be willing to break the rules to free him?

Anyway, I always assumed that he was implying to kill him.
                            I think there's a difference between helping someone ascend and interfering in any other way. Oma's punishment for ascending people doesn't seem nearly as harsh as the punishments for those who interfered in other ways.

I definitely though Jack wanted Daniel to kill him. The way Daniel responded seemed so much more adamant and even fearful than his response to ordinary interference.
                            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I agree with jumper on this one.
                              sigpic

Comment

I didn't like this episode very much - too slow! Although I did enjoy watching Cliff Simon (Baal) - I think he's kinda cute! Well that's what I think anyway! Have a nice day!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X