No announcement yet.

Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how the SG-1 novels Matter of Honor and Cost of Honor build on what this episode began, a lot of cool stuff is revisted.

Comment

Such a beautiful and well done episode. All the scenes with Jack and Daniel were great, always love when these two go at each other.

Early on I think Daniel sees no other option for Jack. In Full Circle he says he's breaking rules just by warning Jack about Anubis, so here he doesn't see directly telling the team where Jack is as an option. But when things are really desperate for Jack, Daniel isn't there and I firmly believe it's because he's subtly tipping off SG-1.

I just finished reading A Matter of Honor and will soon read The Cost of Honor. I'm glad the events are revisited because Jack and Daniel both need closure, and I don't know how well that would have worked as an episode of the show.

Comment

Are those novels any good??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Are those novels any good??
          The "Honor" books are excellent. Out of all the SG1 novels, they are a couple of the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            The "Honor" books are excellent. Out of all the SG1 novels, they are a couple of the very best.
            Wait, are there novels..? Can someone explain this to me, I had no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
              There are lots of novels - ask Mr Google!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Check out stargatenovels.com and Fandemonium on Facebook. The first one will give you a list of all the novels related to SG1 and SGA. There is only one (that I know of) for SGU. There are at least 26 SG1 books and maybe 15-20 SGA novels there. Some are really good (like the "Honor" novels) and some are not.

There have also been some SG1 novels written before the above were written. They related just to SG1 and only have the Jack and Daniel from the original movie in them. I haven't read any of them.

Comment

A Matter of Honor is the only one I've read so far. I look every now and then at used book stores but have never seen any. I tracked MOH down because of its follow up to the events of Abyss, and since it ends in a cliffhanger I've ordered and am waiting on Cost of Honor. Those two also reference events from the episode A Matter of Time.

Definitely enjoyed part 1.

Comment

They are official fanfiction -- not written by any of the writers of the show but condoned by MGM.

Unofficial fanfiction is plenty -- and in all sorts, all pairings, all ratings, all genres.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Late2theGate View Post
                      A Matter of Honor is the only one I've read so far. I look every now and then at used book stores but have never seen any. I tracked MOH down because of its follow up to the events of Abyss, and since it ends in a cliffhanger I've ordered and am waiting on Cost of Honor. Those two also reference events from the episode A Matter of Time.

Definitely enjoyed part 1.
                      Check out abebooks.com. They sell used books, and I've gotten most of my Stargate novels through them.

The Honor books start out following the events of A Matter of Time mostly, but do have bits in them that follow what happened in Abyss.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Already making some new discoveries.

I'm sure this experience didn't improve Jack's opinion of the Tok'ra.

Comment

One thing I really like about the way they wrote Jack is that despite his distrust, he does treat the Tokra as allies. Not friends, just allies.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

He is a military man so he is aware of them being an advantage (maybe).
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Yea sure, great episode. Except for one of the biggest plot holes in the history of SG1.
                              Can anyone tell me, why any goauld would ever have to torture a human for information? Can't they just implant them with a symbiote and get whatever they want?

Comment

I like this episode for the Jack/Daniel moments, and the remaining team members working so well together. Ba'al really is a good bad guy. The Tok'ra are difficult as usual, and SG1 saves the day! It is a good episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X