No announcement yet.

Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And also very trusty. Give him what he wants and he'll cure you and let you go!
    __

__

Comment

Did jack's Tok'ra die?

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
        Did jack's Tok'ra die?
        That was never clearly established. All we saw was Kanan slithering away on the ground after Jack was hit by one of Ba'al's Jaffa staff weapons at the beginning of the episode.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The symbiote died, leaving the memories within Jack. jack was healed using the sarcophogus, and leaving no stomache X thing. Thats why Jack had all those memories.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            The symbiote died, leaving the memories within Jack. jack was healed using the sarcophogus, and leaving no stomache X thing. Thats why Jack had all those memories.

I think you're mixing your apples and your oranges, uh, you're host and jaffa here.

The symbiote, Kanan, left Jack. We don't know for sure if Kanan died or not. That was never established in the episode (or since).

Jack wouldn't have had a stomach pouche for the symbiote, as Jack was a host for Kanan -- not a Jaffa.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

But we can almost be certain that Kanan died. Since I don't think any non-Jaffa people was on that planet. Not counting Baals servants.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                But we can almost be certain that Kanan died. Since I don't think any non-Jaffa people was on that planet. Not counting Baals servants.

Remember "The First Ones?" Or "Bloodlines?" The symbiotes there were able to live in water.

A symbiote takes a host because that's how they're able to have a nice new body with arms and legs...and so they can eat pie.

It's possible that Kana slithered off and found some water to hide in, until Kanan found a new host (remember how muddy the area was where Jack was hit by the staff blast?).

Or died.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I find that very unlikely, but I guess it's possible

Comment

It's hard for a symbiote to ask if they can go in your head if they are not already in a host.

Comment

And didn't Kanon escape Jacks body? So i don't think Jack would have gotten all the memories that Kanon had.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                        It's hard for a symbiote to ask if they can go in your head if they are not already in a host.

When the symbiote is in a Jaffa, the symbiote and Jaffa don't communicate, and the symbiote has NO control over the Jaffa. The symbiote can't communicate through the Jaffa. They symbiote is a Jaffa is carried within the stomach pouch.

The symbiote in a host is wrapped around the host's brain stem...where the body's autonomic brain systems are housed. That's why a symbiote can control a host.

One of the reasons **why** the Goa'uld are so reviled and feared, is that they **do not** ask for permission to invade a host -- they just do it.

It's the Tok'ra who are the more polite symbiotes -- generally they ask permission -- except in dire emergencies for the symbiote apparently (thinking of Jolinar from "In the Line of Duty").

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I was refering to Kanon... the Tok'ra... he either died or broke the Tok'ra rule again and got another host without asking permission.

Comment

Am I the only one who really, really didnt like this episode?

Comment

I'm sure you're not the only one... but in this thread you seem to be.

Comment

This was the one episode I didn't really enjoy. I don't like torture scenes, and I found this one a little disturbing.
                                Nice effect with the gravity changing in the cell though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X