Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    He might have.
    Cause when the heating is on in the extra room, there's less warmth in the rest of the house, so I suspect him cosying up in the living room meant I was either moving there with him or staying out in the cold.
    A guy I knew used that trick but for another purpose.

For some reason the ladies sleeping at his place kept complaining of the cold in the guest room (the room heater was ''broken'') therefore he, gentleman as he was, kindly offered a spot in his cozy heated bed. A real trickster this one, would not recommend this individual to anyone.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I see your point.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A quick revisit to Abyss (606): Oma's insensible koan: "if you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"...

Many ideas on what this could mean, but if we review it in its entire context, I think the meaning is quite clear...

CONTEXT:
        DANIEL
        It's your journey. No one but you can choose what you become or the path you take. All I can promise you is it will be an amazing journey.

[O'Neill mutters in frustration]

DANIEL
        Once you release your burden.

O'NEILL
        Daniel, so help me, if you start talkin' like Oma

DANIEL
        I'm not talking like Oma Desala.

O'NEILL
        Sounds like Oma to me.

DANIEL
        No, no, no…see,
        Oma Desala would say something like…uh, uh, if you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago or something like that.

O'NEILL
        Why?

DANIEL
        To open your mind.

INTERPRETATION:
        Daniel did NOT say that Oma actually said this. He said she would say something LIKE this (that is: a confusing koan). Daniel was simply giving O’Neill an off-the-cuff example of the gist of Oma’s process to open minds, with a little non-sensible humor spun in – no deep wisdom intended!

Comment

Working...
        X