Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyss (606)

Default Re: Abyss (606)

Quote Originally Posted by Perriman33
    I think jack was really well acted in this episode you could almost feel he was at the limit of what he could take from Ba'al. And his little chat's with daniel were great
    The best bit about Jack's response to his plight was the sheer understatement of it. The quiet desperation had so much more impact than histrionics or endless blubbing would have done. As you said - you could practically feel Jack's being at the end of his tether.

Yet another magnificent performance from RDA.

And even thiough Ba'al was torturing jack he still did it with style you've got to admire him for that.He's got to be my favourite goa'uld
    Yes indeed. Mine too. He may be as evil as they come, but he's definitely got the style to carry it off with aplomb.

Although his guards looked like the village people on a night out!
    Last edited by Chaka's_Mum; October 9th, 2005 at 11:18 PM.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka's_Mum
    The best bit about Jack's response to his plight was the sheer understatement of it. The quite desperation had so much more impact than histrionics or endless blubbing would have done. As you said - you could practically feel Jack's being at the end of his tether.

Yet another magnificent performance from RDA.
    What more can I say, I love this episode and just for the very reason you've summed up so beautifully.

Yes, I think RDA is often underestimated.

I loved this episode. The probally could have made it a 2 parter and should us more stuff.

Second Lieutenant

I loved this episode and I am glad they showed Daniel and htey mentioned the torture Jack endured while in the army

Chief Master Sergeant James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser's Avatar

I can't think of a more appropriate term than to say this was a beautiful episode, in 2 regards -

- The direction, scenes, dialogue were amazing...Jacks' 'Thats where you're wrong!!' outburst, hell that whole scene, was completely moving as far as I'm concerned...

- The differences between Jack/Daniel friendship now that Daniel is ascended, and the extreme nature of Jacks' situation, really make it seem like Daniel is torn in 2 over helping a close friend and abiding by the rules of the life that he has chosen. Their friendship was excellently portrayed here.

Also, those piano notes that play at times throughout the episode...I dare anyone to hear that and not feel sorry for Jack being tortured....and as for Ba'al...what can I say, perfect villian, perfectly acted by Cliff Simon....

I'll stop ranting there, and perhaps go watch it again!

Exclamation Re: Abyss (606)

One of the best episodes of the entire series! The acting is among the best of the series. RDA's performance is his best since The Fifth Race. Cliff Simon is at his best as Ba'al. It's great to see MS in this episode with one of his all-time best performances. The conversations between O'neill and Jackson are incredibly well written.

The scenes on Earth don't lack far behind. Corin Nuemec finally brings the character of Jonas into full focus. AT, CJ, and Davis do well in this episode.

The production values, the writing, the music and everything else works very very well!

A must see episode!

timdalton007

Staff Sergeant AKnightWhoSaysNi's Avatar

I got really emotional when jack was telling Daneil to end it, also I felt Jacks frustration when he told Daniel if things were reversed he would smash the whole place up and kill baal, when daniel said the others would stop them and Jack says "theyd have a hell of a fight on their hands". A really great episode.

Second Lieutenant Thor of The Asgard's Avatar

this was a high level episode...they really brought the acting up a few levels...congrats to the pruducers....

Chief Master Sergeant RiderMayBail's Avatar

Recently while rewatching the series, I finally noticed how goo dthe acting actually was in this episode. I've always kind of liked the episode, Ba'al can be quite entertaining for a goa'uld, but the acting between Daniel and Jack is superb, and having noticed that, has moved this episode right up there among my faves.
    Those who live with no fear inevitably lead boring lives, for fear is the element within our hearts that breathes excitement into our souls.

Hot damn this was a good episode. Guest appearance by Daniel, Jack being put through the ringer big time. Jack's outfit looked goofy though. However, I'm glad they left the same clothes on him the entire episode, the bloodstains and the holes added to the effect. Ba'al is one mean sob, I can't decide what would be worse, the acid or the knives. Great character interaction for Jack and Daniel here. That Tok'ra guy can shove it, I hope he gets staff'd later in the season. Bring back Freya dammit, she would have wanted to get Jack back. >_>
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by skeezix
    Hot damn this was a good episode. Guest appearance by Daniel, Jack being put through the ringer big time. Jack's outfit looked goofy though. However, I'm glad they left the same clothes on him the entire episode, the bloodstains and the holes added to the effect. Ba'al is one mean sob, I can't decide what would be worse, the acid or the knives. Great character interaction for Jack and Daniel here. That Tok'ra guy can shove it, I hope he gets staff'd later in the season. Bring back Freya dammit, she would have wanted to get Jack back. >_>
    Great story and excellent acting - Abyss is one of the best.

Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

jack poor guy getting killed over and over and a great daniel epsiode

trying to help a friend

I have just been rewatching Season 6. I haven't seen some of these in a while. I forgot just how much I love Abyss. For all of the reasons many of you have posted! There is just something so wonderful about how Jack and Daniel interact with each other (thanks, I'm sure, to RDA's and MS's acting skills). They seem to be such great friends who will be there for each other, no matter what the situation. When Jack yells at Daniel, and Daniel just takes it cuz he knows his friend really needs him there. The O'Neill/Jackson interaction is much of the reason I was drawn into Stargate! It is the one thing I really miss.

Default Abyss question

Jack: "You're wrong about that too..." (Daniel looks at him, narrows his eyes inquisitively.) "I have another choice." (Daniel closes his eyes and shakes his head.)

Daniel: "What are you talking about?" (Jack looks at him, like" you know." Daniel shakes his head). "No."

Jack: "Any minute, they're gonna come. Ba'al is gonna kill me again. You can make it the last time."

Daniel: "Don't ask me to do that..."

Jack: "You can put an end to it..."

Daniel: "I won't do it..."

What's Jack asking Daniel to do? I thought Daniel couldn't interfere, maybe someone could explain this to me

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: Abyss question

i think jack wanted Daniel to kill him permanently thats why i understood it

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    i think jack wanted Daniel to kill him permanently thats why i understood it
    I think that is it too. I'm just not sure if Daniel could have or not without breaking the "rules" of Ascension.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

yeah he wanted daniel to kill him
    http://i32.tinypic.com/2jfntu.jpg

Hold cleaner

I dont' think he was implying daniel should kill him, I think he was implying daniel should free him.

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by pRyvvik
    I dont' think he was implying daniel should kill him, I think he was implying daniel should free him.
    Why would he refuse to do it then? He was already willing to break the rules by helping him ascend, why would he not be willing to break the rules to free him?

Anyway, I always assumed that he was implying to kill him.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast