Favorite Scene In Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo
    wait, wait, you're saying Wrath Of Khan isn't a good Star Trek Movie?

Anyone else wanna take this one?
    Not gonna touch it with a Genesis torpedo. WoK is one of the best.

My favorite scene (unless I remember another one) has to be when the USS Defiant (TOS version) powers up in Star Trek Enterprise's In a Mirror, Darkly. I can watch that scene over and over and over...I think I'll watch it again now!

Comment

ST: Can't think of one offhand
      ST 2: All of it, but Spock's death in particular
      ST 3: Kirk's face as he watches the Enterprise burn up after self-destructing
      ST 4: All of it
      ST 5: "I know this ship like the back of my--" *thunk*
      ST 6: All of it
      STG: Watching the Enterprise crash
      STFC: Moby Dick scene, The Vulcan arrival and First Contact
      STI: Worf smashing the flying thing with the butt of the phaser rifle
      STN: Can go to hell, as far as I'm concerned
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 06 March 2006, 09:36 PM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I could run off a whole list of favourites, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek III. In particular, the exchange between Bones and Kirk while they watched the Enterprise burn up in the atmosphere.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
          I love the very last little bit of "These are the Voyages" (ENT - supposedly blergh) with the Enterprise captain's voice over. About the only decent thing in that episode >_<
          100% agreed
          The bit with the fireworks and the bridge in Voyager's "Endgame" was indeed very nice
          Hated the end of that episode. They came through and that was it.....it was like the reel had been cut off.
          Wolf 359 was very cool. I also liked the scene in "ST: First Contact" when they make First Contact with the Vulcans and the modified version of it in ENT's "In a Mirror Darkly" X-D Gods, that was hilarious!
          My favourite Trek scene is Lilly and Picard in First Contact with their Moby Dick analogy and she yells at him "Blow up the damn ship!" and he says "NOOOOO!" and smashed the display case with his phaser. Best scene in all of Trek.

Comment

I love the very last little bit of "These are the Voyages" (ENT - supposedly blergh) with the Enterprise captain's voice over. About the only decent thing in that episode >_<

yeah i loved that scene too!
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              My favourite Trek scene is Lilly and Picard in First Contact with their Moby Dick analogy and she yells at him "Blow up the damn ship!" and he says "NOOOOO!" and smashed the display case with his phaser. Best scene in all of Trek.
              Fantastic acting in that scene, but personally I don't see it as the best.

TMP had a great moment when Scotty was taking that fat bald bloke over to the Enterprise from the space station, viewing the ship on the way.

What about when Chekoff gets his hand burnt by V'GER? Wow, what a scene. I've never seen such great acting... you can almost feel his agony. lol
              err, whoooooo?

Comment

The scene that features this exchange:

"Captain Jean-Luc Picard, you lead the strongest ship of the Federation fleet. You speak for your people."

"I have nothing to say to you, and I will resist you with my last ounce of strength."

"Strength is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours."

"Impossible! My culture is based on freedom and self-determination."

"Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You must comply."

"We would rather die."

"Death is irrelevant. Your archaic cultures are authority-driven. To facilitate our introduction into your societies, it has been decided that a human voice will speak for us in all communications. You have been chosen to be that voice."

That scene gave me the creeps the first time I saw it, and still does.
                Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Major Woody
                  "Freedom is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You must comply."

"We would rather die."

"Death is irrelevant."

THIS.
                  is why The Best Of Both Worlds is quintessential Star Trek.

Even beyond Star Trek. Just think of that dialogue. Think of the implications of that.
                  Think if this every truly happened. A foe that we simply cannot defeat. We have no choice.
                  Choice is irrelevant.

Comment

That was a good scene no doubt. But the best scene EVER and if anyone disagrees with me they're an idiot, is this:

Commander Riker: Worf.....Fire! Sorry but that is the best scene ever. Two words and the worst four months of my life. Because no one knew Picard was going to live. They made it seem like Riker was going to take over with that blond chick taking over as commander. That moment = CHILLS

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                      That was a good scene too.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                        I could run off a whole list of favourites, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek III. In particular, the exchange between Bones and Kirk while they watched the Enterprise burn up in the atmosphere.
                        Kirk: Bones, What have I done?

McCoy: What you always do. Give us a fighting chance to live...

I agree. A great scene.

Comment

I just remembered a scene that made me laugh. Maybe not THE favourite, but very funny indeed.

ST: Voyager's - Cold Fire.

Can't remember the exact lines. It kind of goes like this:

Kes: "How do I stop the fire Tuvok? How do I stop the fire?"
                          *Brown bubbles* *green bubbles*
                          Kes: *SCREAMS*

ROFLMAO
                          Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 21 March 2006, 02:03 PM.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

The battle during the end of Star Trek 6. That was my favorite scene ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X