This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
    I doubt it, they couldn't use the black hole for travel, so only power would be a reason to contruct it near one. Which I can't see them doing because it's far too dangerous, to actually take the energy they'd need to be right there next to it, anything failed in the city & it's be pulled in.

Supergate tech probably wouldn't be needed for them either, simply because they'd need lots located throughout the galaxy to jump from place to place in their ships. That just wouldn't be feasible because the Ori currently only have 1, to protect over a 1000 human planets the Lantians would need a fair few.

If the Wraith found it, I'm sure it would have been of much interest to them, because the DB might have new locations for them to go to & more importantly the engines to get them there. So I cannot see them simply leaving it alone, the info & tech it could contain would be far too valuable to them to simply ignore. If they attacked & took down the shields, then they would send in Darts & Wraith to the city. If the shields fell in the city then that means the power has been depleted, if that's the case then there is nothing left for the engines to use to stay clear of being pulled into the black hole. Therefore it'd be pulled in & destroyed. Barring that the Wraith simply wouldn't just leave it all alone, they'd send in their scientists to check it all out for the stuff I mentioned above.

If it did engage & go through the gate, bringing in actual Ancients would take everything away from the show. They wouldn't just say okay we'll drop in & guard the gate, but we're not going to bother with the Wraith or give you any knowledge on how to construct ZPM's & Drones etc. If they didn't want to be bothered by the gate, then they'd simply shut it down permanently from their end.

Sorry but it'd never happen, they'd never introduce Ancients into the mold, Ancient tech is the best there is, once Earth knows how to build that, then no mortal enemy could even compete with them. Stargate is & always will be about them being the underdogs. This is why they could have easily changed the whole story around, such as Janus helped save Atlantis with his modifications, he seemed to really care for Weir. So when he got back to the MW & perfected his TimeJumper, why didn't he simply go back in time to Atlantis, then turn around the war with the knowledge of the future, or go forward to now & help the Atlantis team finally take out the Wraith. Simply because it'd make things too easy & destroy the whole element of the show. This is why they will never bring in real Ancients to help battle the Wraith. If any were ever instroduced, then it'd be as enemies.
    I think it is a great idea but can change a few things, like some of u have suggested plus they would be a good idea to introduce the daduleus cloaking, can't remeber who but some mentioned about the wraith guarding the city ship or ship, how about a new type of anicent ship, the only 1 of its kind.
    Last edited by Raj_2006; 28 June 2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
      The SGA team finds a Atlantis style city in orbit of a blackhole, fully operational and with 3 ZPMs.
      :cough:TheImpossiblePlanet:cough:
      "Only a few find the way. Some don't recognize it when they do. Some... don't ever want to."

Comment

They should find a colonizer Ancient ship or a lost forgotten Asgard vessel or Arthur's ship.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu
          They should find a colonizer Ancient ship or a lost forgotten Asgard vessel or Arthur's ship.

ya the Excalibur.

Comment

Working...
          X