Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE sign Pileggi on as full time for s.3...or at the VERY least part time!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE sign Pileggi on as full time for s.3...or at the VERY least part time!!

Honestly, I think his character is perfect for Atlantis. His relationship is awesome b/t Weir and Shep and it would be interesting to see where the writers could take that. His being on the show could only make it better so please tell me that they've signed him on for something!!!
    I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
    - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

They have enough main characters already without signing him on full time.

Comment

replace weir with that chick from inferno

Comment

I don't know about full-time *thinks about neglected "full-time" Carson*, but I would like to see him in several episodes next season. He has a great presence and an interesting dynamic with Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
          replace weir with that chick from inferno
          I'm not a fan of Weir's decisions....but I had to choke on that comment you just made (by the way I really like your posts...your the King or Queen of the one liner). I would take 3 Weir's over that chick from Inferno....didn't you see her? She looked confused by every word out of McKay's mouth... and her dialogue was weak. We were wondering what kind of scientist she was? We figured she got her PhD in cosmetology or something...cause there's no way she was a physicist or whatever...

And I like Caldwell part time..he's too cool to be there all the time. He's the guy who comes to save the day..i love going 'And the Daedy has come once again'.....I love it when they show up..cause I get to shout. If he was there all the time...I think I'd get bored and the surprise at seeing the Daedy and Caldwell would be gone!
          Last edited by vaberella; 03 March 2006, 08:22 PM.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
            I'm not a fan of Weir's decisions....but I had to choke on that comment you just made (by the way I really like your posts...your the King or Queen of the one liner). I would take 3 Weir's over that chick from Inferno....didn't you see her? She looked confused by every word out of McKay's mouth... and her dialogue was weak. We were wondering what kind of scientist she was? We figured she got her PhD in cosmetology or something...cause there's no way she was a physicist or whatever...
            She's also not as good an actor as Tori Higginson. She's not good at emoting and she has an annoying tendency to walk around with her hands behind her back. I didn't like her in Andromeda and I hope not to see her again. Her character in Inferno was fairly useless.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Ok then, part time, 10 epi's - minimum - I think is a good number.
              I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
              - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

If anyone were going to be 'upped' to title character, I'd want it to be Zelenka. He's been there since season one, is loved by everyone and absolutely brilliant. The only physisist who can stand on two legs next to Rodney. He's not at the front of the show like John or Rodney, he's more around the level of Carson. Who's also a title character (which is good!).

That said, I would like to see more of Caldwell, he's a good character with a good amount of potential. And probably annoyed with all these strange Atlantians comandeering his ship constantly and eating on the bridge (John, this means you). It'd be interesting to see an episode from his perspective.

But title character?

Really, what they should do is have a gigantic promo pic with the title characters, Caldwell and Radek, and then do splinter ones or something. Like, the core characters, the warriors/soldiers, the civilians, the team itself, and individual ones.

It's not title character, but they've not very likely to do that, and being in the cast promo pictures when you're not a title is a big thing, to my mind.

And, also, sorry for just barging on in.
                "The Earth isn't my home...I am a Time Lord, I walk in eternity" - The Doctor (4th)

Comment

IMO, they can't make him a main character because they have enough, like I said in my previous post. BUT, a character like that, they also can't keep him around forever...so I think that he will be killed off at some point down the road. Probably a hero's death, crash the daedalus into a hive ship maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella

And I like Caldwell part time..he's too cool to be there all the time. He's the guy who comes to save the day..i love going 'And the Daedy has come once again'.....I love it when they show up..cause I get to shout. If he was there all the time...I think I'd get bored and the surprise at seeing the Daedy and Caldwell would be gone!

she was there as very awesome eye candy

Comment

We don't need any more majors, least of all him - and he already counts as a part-time character.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                      ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        She's also not as good an actor as Tori Higginson. She's not good at emoting and she has an annoying tendency to walk around with her hands behind her back. I didn't like her in Andromeda and I hope not to see her again. Her character in Inferno was fairly useless.

Hey, I'm no actress...I'm not about to sit here and diagnose acting ability. So if she was better than Torri or worse I have no clue. All I can say is that the lines were poorly written for the character and made the character come across as a ditz, which is insulting; since I expected more from her because of her status. As for the actresses habits or tendencies, it shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
                        We don't need any more majors, least of all him - and he already counts as a part-time character.

Isn't Caldwell a full out Colonel? And yeah he counts as part time character, I love Caldwell just like that. I would like to see less of sheidls are down by 20%, I want to see him in full combat mode more often...okay so I like space battles, but I want to see what Caldwell can do for me with that action. I believe it's in SG-1 people are like he's amazing.

VB
                        Last edited by vaberella; 05 March 2006, 09:19 AM.
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I think that the current full-time cast is sufficient as it is. I like Pileggi's role as recurring and I think he plays the part very well. However, I do not want to see that particular character in every episode.

There will always be supporting and recurring characters that we will love.....such as Lorne, Zelenka, etc.....but there is not enough room to promote all these highly loved characters to full-time and present in every episode. Most already are a bit put-off that some of their favorite full-time cast members are not getting enough screen time as it is. I can only imagine how that would be if there were more main cast characters.

Comment

I think that the cast is big enough as it is, and TPTB have a LOT of work to do filling out the characters that we have. That being said, Caldwell is a really fantastic addition to the series, and I definitely want to see him stick around as a major recurring character. Honestly, as cool as it is to have the big "baddies" like the Wraith and the Goa'uld around, I think that the human conflict and tension that we get to see thanks to characters like Caldwell, Kinsey, and Bates can be even more interesting. It's nice to see that things aren't always fine and dandy for our heroes, and that the most difficult challenges can sometimes come from within. Definitely have him stick around, but not so much in a main character capacity, I think.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

As others have said, they used Pileggi just right last season, and I hope he's in the same number of episodes this year. He was in the season two promo pictures, too; we can assume he'll be there again this year. Zelenka will surely be returning, and from the sound of things, Lorne is coming back as well. Might be cool if they get a few promo shots, as the show's other key supporting characters.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                              X