Nightwalkers (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Frankly, I'm still waiting for Daniel to either find or reveal that he has a copy of the Necromonicon... If we could at least see it on his bookshelf or something. *sigh*

At least Nightwalkers was a good example (IMO) of Carter's ability to lead and of the team's general competence and cohesion without Jack being around.

And I loved Jonas's keen observations. And the whole thing with onion rings and chocolate frappe (which really is remarkably good).
    I thought it was great that they established Jonas' own schtick; made him something more than just the Daniel stand-in. The chemistry (non-ship) between Carter and Jonas - Carter Jonas are a firm of development agents in Cambridge, by the way - was top notch.

I still haven't decided whether Miskatonic University should exist in my SG-1 'verse or not.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Do either of you have any actual comments to add to this thread other than saying the same thing over and over? We get that you liked the slap, you don't need to keep saying it in every post and agreeing with each other about how great it was.
      Yes i know it seemed 'repeated', but first of all, we were commenting, we were talking about the quotes and things that happened in the episode, and if we can't do that, are we limited to only talking about the plot story and character relation? I think if its in within our own little conversation, but still about the episode, it is totally valid to the thread, even if other people don't seem to care about it.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

LMJ, Anubis, don't worry. You were on-topic in this thread, and the forum will not self-destruct when the number of posts exceeds any limit.

Anyone else, if you want to steer the conversation in a particular way, fine, introduce a new skein for people to discuss. Telling posters to stop discussing something because you don't want them to isn't necessary.

I liked the slap, it made me wonder if she was projecting (Kinsey? a different Jonas?) or just plenty committed to her subterfuge. And I liked the bit with the camcorder, it was the last time we got to see Jonas in 'everything's new' mode.

Madeleine

Comment

Thanks Madeleine W

Did anyone get annoyed by the constant NID prescense in the show? They're everywhere! (well maybe not everywhere), but i didn't suspect them being in this episode.

Comment

To be honest, I thought this was the second weakest episode of the season. The story seemed very X-Files and somewhat......predictable. Of course that's my opinion.

What was good about this episode was the interaction between the rest of SG-1, something we don't usually see.
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Yah, but i like the X-files feel that went with this episode, which makes me miss the X-files, haha... Anyways, what i didn't agree with was, the whole episode was predictable, i don't 100 percent agree, but i do see where the episode can be. The first NID host, who shot Sam and that other NID agent, i didn't see that comming, that slap wasn't predictable , but i still understand how the episode maybe predictable.

Comment

This is the episode that I was complaining I had only seen once. It was in another thread, I can't recall which one now. I thought it was a really good, (though I was wondering what happened to Jack through the whole thing).
                And I think the NID is too much every where they go. Overall I thought it was a keeper. I liked Jonas and Teal'c in the bar. I thought we were going to see a little redneck Jaffa one on one.

Comment

Of course the NID were everywhere. They knew what was going on the whole time.. Just wanted them to finish the ship so NID could grab it.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Those greedy NID people! the only NID agent i like in the show is probably Agent Barret, but yah, he wasn't in this episode.

Comment

Not a good episode, not a bad episode, just kind of an average episode.

I didn't notice the lack of O'Neill since their wasn't anything he could have done what would have changed the outcome of the ep.

But I remember one thing: When Teal'c and Jonas were in the NID van, I thought how wonderful it is that there are shows shooting in real moving cars and not using green screens or rear screen projections. Wow, was I surprised to find out how the scene was done (on DVD special feature). SG is really doing a good job with rear-screen projections or matte paintings in general, unlike countless other shows.
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                        But I remember one thing: When Teal'c and Jonas were in the NID van, I thought how wonderful it is that there are shows shooting in real moving cars and not using green screens or rear screen projections. Wow, was I surprised to find out how the scene was done (on DVD special feature). SG is really doing a good job with rear-screen projections or matte paintings in general, unlike countless other shows.
                        Yes and all those 'other' shows take home the awards for "Best FX" etc, etc. It's just not fair!
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Those judges who decide who gets the awards are probably really really old people who 'think' they have good judgement. But i'm going to see how they did it, cause i thought it was a green-screen for a second, hahah..

Comment

Goa'uld City, USA

Comment

NID meddling... again

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                                The story seemed very X-Files and somewhat......predictable.
                                I don't know about predictable but the X-Files vibe was strong with this one. It felt like characters from Stargate were being thrown into a totally different show. That being said, I thought it was a very entertaining 44 minutes of television. The bar scene with Teal'c and Jonas is classic.
                                END OF LINE

Comment

Working...
                                X