No announcement yet.

Nightwalkers (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah the first of many RDA missing episodes. Im kind of underwhelmed. The episode kind of goes through the motions and its kind of predictible. Of course they are Goa'uld. The only highlight is seeing Jonas in the field
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Ah the first of many RDA missing episodes. Im kind of underwhelmed. The episode kind of goes through the motions and its kind of predictible. Of course they are Goa'uld. The only highlight is seeing Jonas in the field

What was going on with RDA during this time? Do you know? Just curious.

Comment

I do know. He wanted to be with his child. Which I can understand but it really hurt the quality of the show. Their are a lot of bad episodes during S6-S8. More as we get closer to S8
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I do know. He wanted to be with his child. Which I can understand but it really hurt the quality of the show. Their are a lot of bad episodes during S6-S8. More as we get closer to S8
          I have heard that before, I just didn't know when. Thanks for the info!

Comment

And he really did bust his knee when he's put on the sidelines in the first episode of season 6.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              And he really did bust his knee when he's put on the sidelines in the first episode of season 6.
              Poor guy.

Comment

7 minutes 40 seconds
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The idea of Goa'uld hiding out in a quiet town on Earth is chilling, as is the thought that this could have gone on for years, decades, even centuries, if Sam hadn't been tipped off about what was going on. Who knows what they would have been able to do if their operation had remained a secret. It's also paranoia fuel to think of your body being taken over at night, leaving you with no memory of what it was used for.

It's also an added creep factor that the cloned symbiotes had no naquadah in their blood, making them harder to detect.

It was nice to see Sam take the lead while Jack was missing. Her keeping Jonas out of trouble by asking that he watch over Teal'c was clever; a good way of ensuring that he'd stick by him.

How times have changed; the hard drive capacity of Fleming's computer was 9.6 GB.

Fleming gets cleverness points for hiding his syringe by mailing it to himself.

I found Sam, Teal'c and Jonas to be an engaging team, and I enjoyed watching them and their detective work. The coordinating outfits and sunglasses didn't hurt. One thing I like about it is that it's not a one-man or one-woman show, it is a team episode, and they worked together to save the day. It was also good to see Knox cooperate rather than try to obstruct the investigation, though that turned out to be for ulterior motives.

I really didn't expect Knox to turn out to be a bad guy. It's been so long since I watched the episode that I had forgotten. That was a nice twist, as was the involvement of the NID, especially as they weren't the villainous element within the organisation, they thought that they were doing the right thing by waiting for the ship to be built.

Quite a leap of faith for Sam to inject herself with the contents of the syringe, or perhaps it was more of an act of desperation. She did say that she had nothing to lose by taking it. I love her performance as a Goa'uld. Pitch perfect.

One small thing that I'm glad of about this episode is that it established that Sam has some ability to read Goa'uld. Whether that's from Jolinar or she learned it independently, it's useful to be able to do so in her line of work.

This one definitely deserves an Excellent. It was different, but nice as an occasional thing.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    The idea of Goa'uld hiding out in a quiet town on Earth is chilling, as is the thought that this could have gone on for years, decades, even centuries, if Sam hadn't been tipped off about what was going on. Who knows what they would have been able to do if their operation had remained a secret. It's also paranoia fuel to think of your body being taken over at night, leaving you with no memory of what it was used for.
                    Probably not centuries unless it took them that long to build the ship. They had no plans on sticking around for further mayhem until SG-1 started to interfere.

Anyone who sleepwalks knows what that feels like -- doing stuff but not remembering them in the morning.

Black-outs too.

Comment

7 minutes 40 seconds
                      I'm 17 seconds faster than Jelgate: 07:23.

Comment

The cat got in the way.

Yeah I'll go with that one
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll take that.

Comment

You should take the next episode instead
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

What happened to FH? Should we continue rewatch without her?

Comment

She had a few personal things to deal with then a vacation. You do what you want. I'll wait
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X